Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Revoltage
ipredictawyatt
6 posters

Don't change your Gamertag ingame? Lost my save...

ipredictawyatt

Don't  change your Gamertag ingame?  Lost my save... Empty Don't change your Gamertag ingame? Lost my save...

Post by ipredictawyatt Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:57 pm

I finally gave in and got PTD edition with the mindset of having to not wait 2 months for it on PS3.

So there I am waiting to get summoned outside the Capra Demon fog gate, when I get the excellent idea of seeing if I can change my LIVE tag, 'cos I've just seen the one it gave me by default "FittestFeline4". So I change my tag to something better, but when I'm back in the game my summon sign has disappeared, and I can't place it down again. I thought it was because of the tag change, so I quit the game in order to load back up.

Only problem being, when I look on the main menu, theres no load game option, it simply doesn't exist. I've just created a character in order to access the load game menu but nope, I've apparantly just lost about 8-9 hours of play, because I decided on a whim to change my tag. Apologies for being a bit lengthy, I'm just ****ed off.

Any guesses to how I can access my lost character? He doesn't appear in the load game menu... but I think the data still exists. I'd rather not do everything I just did again if I don't have to. FML.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Don't  change your Gamertag ingame?  Lost my save... Empty Re: Don't change your Gamertag ingame? Lost my save...

Post by Revoltage Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:02 pm

I'm assuming that GFWL works similar to xbox. On the console, saves are filed under gamertags and only the person with that gamertag can access the save file for playing a game. Your save file might still be using your old GT so maybe that's why you're not seeing it.

If your save file still exists, you might be able to recover it somehow.
    ipredictawyatt

Don't  change your Gamertag ingame?  Lost my save... Empty Re: Don't change your Gamertag ingame? Lost my save...

Post by ipredictawyatt Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:05 pm

God damn it why wasn't I warned. Thank you for replying. But it costs 800 MS points to change the tag now, it was free first time around and I really don't want my tag to be "FittestFeline4". What have I doooooone?!
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:06 pm

From the sound of it the save is still there but you cannot access it as it thinks you are on a different account.

Although I don't know for sure, sounds to me more like it happened because you changed your name in the middle of the game. Then probably when exiting it got a bit confused due to different profile names on the old save and on the current account and something went wrong.

EDIT: Can you find the Save file in your folders still?
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:08 pm

ipredictawyatt wrote:God damn it why wasn't I warned. Thank you for replying. But it costs 800 MS points to change the tag now, it was free first time around and I really don't want my tag to be "FittestFeline4". What have I doooooone?!
    No problem, I'm here to help happy

It was free to change your GT the first time because you initially didn't get to choose it yourself. I'm not certain if changing it back to the old one will get your save back. I'd dig around a bit more about GTs and associated save files before spending money to change it again.
    ipredictawyatt

Post by ipredictawyatt Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:17 pm

In the DATA folder (where I assume the saves would be) the main ones are:

DARKSOULS
    DATA
    DATA.exe
    DATA.exe.cfg

but no mention of character names etc.

The ones called DATA and DARKSOULS just boots up Dark souls.
    DATA.exe just shows security certificates. And I can't open the others.

This is very much looking like I'll have to restart sad At least I know what I'm doing (Over 200 hours logged on PS3)
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:20 pm

What OS you on? Assuming windows 7...

Go to your "Documents" >> Then "My Games" >> Then see if there is a Dark Souls folder there. If so look there for save files.

I would assume the DATA folder is just game data, ie textures, meshes, AI etc..
    Montante
    Montante
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Montante Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:24 pm

LordRevan wrote: Assuming windows 7...
    Go to your "Documents" >> Then "My Games" >> Then see if there is a Dark Souls folder there. If so look there for save files.

This should be it. There's a folder named NBGI with 'Dark Souls' in it. In that one there's a folder named after your Live account that holds a single file which, I assume, contains all of the characters associated with the account.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:26 pm

I know there is a way to change the associated GT for save files, I just don't know how you do it yet.... if I find anything, I'll post it.
    ipredictawyatt

Post by ipredictawyatt Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:29 pm

Okay for some reasons Dark Souls is under "NBGI", but I've found the saves! Thank you!! I'm guessing I'll have to transfer the save over to the relevant account name folder. The old tag is there, along with the new one. I'll try to transfer it across 'cos I've got nothing to lose. Thank you so much for your time, I will be eternally grateful if this works.
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:32 pm

NBGI = Namco Bandai Games .Inc

I would assume.

No problem, if that still doesn't work you could try upload it somewhere and I could take a look at the file for you.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:32 pm

Very useful info guys, going into the Resources Thread!
    ipredictawyatt

Post by ipredictawyatt Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:33 pm

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees. Thank you all for helping me, I wasn't thinking rationally. It was as simple as copying the save from folder A to folder B.

My tag is Nidorael, and I'm back in the fight. Woop woop, many thanks!
    Montante
    Montante
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Montante Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:36 pm

Great news! cheers
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:36 pm

No problem, glad to see another hollow return to Lordran 8)
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:37 pm

This however means that savegames can simply be swapped. muling eat your heart out...
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:37 pm

Or duplicated right?
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:38 pm

Yeah. You could easily have backups of your saves at certain points during the game...

Although that isn't completely bad. You could have a copy for each boss fight. Like so you could swap it in, load up, and be at the bonfire before them at the appropriate level with appropriate equipment. That would be cool.

Obviously I doubt that most people would use it that way though... 😢

Last edited by LordRevan on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:40 pm

Or. joe mcgriefer doesnt need knowledge of how to make an infinite AR weapon (insert rage making hack here) all he needs is to rip the tiny file off the internet.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:01 pm

Yeah I was about to say.

"Stuck on The Centipede Demon? Download our file from this site for 2$ and you'll have a character powerful enough to defeat them!"
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:26 pm

haha more like
    "griefers starter kit.
    Comes with custom troll emotes.
    Trollface character appearance
    8000 AR demon spear swings like a straight sword.
    lagswitch and infinite hp incase of challenging opposition
    perfectly free but be sure to tell your friends!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:17 pm