Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Anonymous Proxy
Rifter7
RCPD_STARS
befowler
e82
ICEFANG
Spurgun
OrnsteinBro
Pesth
Uparkaam
Purity
Tolvo
Knight Alundil
Wade_Wilson
Gaxe
Seignar
Glutebrah
callipygias
ChizFreak
23 posters

Either FromSoft or Namco lied to us... new content too short? very little new content?

Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Either FromSoft or Namco lied to us... new content too short? very little new content? - Page 2 Empty Re: Either FromSoft or Namco lied to us... new content too short? very little new content?

Post by Pesth Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:24 pm

Well, in my first playthough i used to take 1 to 2 nights playing each area, now i can get to annor londo in one hour playing this game, i think when they meant 4-5 hours of new content gameplay, it was suppose to the "normal" player lol!, not the ones experienced enough to beat each lvl in the first day sad
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Either FromSoft or Namco lied to us... new content too short? very little new content? - Page 2 Empty Re: Either FromSoft or Namco lied to us... new content too short? very little new content?

Post by Tolvo Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:30 pm

Well yeah when I get to the new content, I'm fat rolling with melee only. Did it with my first run through of Dark and Demon's, and it made the game super enjoyable. I'm hoping it will work here.
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:35 pm

The only thing I'm not happy about with the DLC is that they gave us another dragon sword weapon.

Obby greatsword is cool and all, but I would have preferred something else (like a viable single handed dragon blunt weapon, for instance). Kinda disappointed me.

Other than that, the content is short, granted, but it's fine.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:42 pm

OrnsteinBro wrote:The only thing I'm not happy about with the DLC is that they gave us another dragon sword weapon.

Obby greatsword is cool and all, but I would have preferred something else (like a viable single handed dragon blunt weapon, for instance). Kinda disappointed me.

Other than that, the content is short, granted, but it's fine.

Yeh no real new weapons. I was hoping for some new normal weapons. Yknow, to upgrade down different paths n stuff.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:46 pm

The stone axe is such a weapon. And so is the four pronged plow.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:46 pm

Spurgun wrote:The stone axe is such a weapon. And so is the four pronged plow.

Okay the four pronged plow was just a huge dissapointment to me but wait! Stone axe!? What is this!?!?!?! :O
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:51 pm

It drops from the forest guardians. The R2 (I think) lets you do that massive pull-out explosion of dirt move that they always use when you're down.

Kalameet was a fun fight but his drops were just one big disappointment for me.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:51 pm

I thought the Stone Axe upgrades with twinkling titanite.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:52 pm

I'm 99% sure about it. I might be wrong though.
    It can at least be buffed without a glitch.
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:01 pm

I don't have the stone axe so I don't know how it upgrades, but I've seen it being used videos and it's pretty beast. Also yeah it can be buffed.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:04 pm

Twinkling titanite is used to upgrade the Stone Ax.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:12 pm

Still, that sounds awesome. The fact that it's buffable saves it. THYME TO MAYKE A STOAN GUARDYUN BWILD!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:13 pm

Obsidian Greatsword can be buffed as well, and I'm pretty sure being buffed increases the damage of its R2 Explosion.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:14 pm

Tolvo wrote:Obsidian Greatsword can be buffed as well, and I'm pretty sure being buffed increases the damage of its R2 Explosion.

Oh dear god.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:15 pm

It's R2 can exceed somewhere around 2k pure physical damage.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:18 pm

It depends on how close to it you are though, so you'll be mostly safe if you keep your distance. And they can't spam the attack. And the GSs are slower. So it wont be that much of a problem IMO.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:22 pm

Rotten pine resin plus 2hand R2 = ?
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:24 pm

I have yet to try that. Thanks for telling me though, the next person who invades me is eating a poison-enchanted field of black flames.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:28 pm

If it has any poison effect, please let us know. Even message the guy to find out big grin
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:47 pm

First invader was a guy who ran away, cast pursuers and chameleon and came back. ): I didn't want to risk getting oneshotted so I cast pursuers and rolled around, it oneshot him instead. Next guy stunlocked and killed me before I could pull it off (I have 0 poise, forgot how crappy it is trying to use a GS with no poise rofl).

Anyway I finally pulled it off on the third guy, and yes, it poisons.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:05 pm

Oh dear god yes.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:09 pm

Tolvo wrote:It's R2 can exceed somewhere around 2k pure physical damage.
    How the hell did you accomplish this? It's R2 is nowhere near that powerful in my experience.
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:09 pm

The start up is slow as hell though, they can easily roll out if you distance yourself and if you're too close they'll just stunlock.

Personally, I'd only ever use it for oki after a backstab/riposte.
    e82
    Casual
    Casual

Post by e82 Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:24 pm

All around I'm happy with the expansion, I had pretty much kept myself on a media-blackout about it outside of knowing it was being released, so I was going in with very little expectations.

The quality of all of the boss fights are top-notch, although I did find that Oolacile Township felt a little easy after I finally beat Atorias. While I do wish there was a bit more meat to it - flesh out the Oolacile Dungeons or something, I have a feeling that no matter what - I'd always want more of this game.

Considering the time it took for them to do the DLC, ontop of doing the PC port - it's a reasonable amount of content.

I know I can always do NG+ and beyond, but I always find myself putting off finishing off the last boss in the game as I don't want it to end yet, and wish that there was more to do.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:14 pm

Uparkaam wrote:The Abyss guards are just the regular enemies with the weird head in the Oolacile Township area.

No, those guys are actually the Oolacile people transformed because their humanity went wild. And they are nowhere something called Abyss Guards.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 pm