Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Casdman
ViralEnsign_
ErrJon6661
Razielthemanslayer
8 posters

A Question for Tracer Dual Wielders

Razielthemanslayer
    Addicted
    Addicted

A Question for Tracer Dual Wielders Empty A Question for Tracer Dual Wielders

Post by Razielthemanslayer Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:42 am

Is it viable to dual wield them outside of pvp? say like fighting in a narrow spot, like anor londo archers?.

is it viable to try and battle foes like o & s, or gwyn with them and no shield?
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

A Question for Tracer Dual Wielders Empty Re: A Question for Tracer Dual Wielders

Post by ErrJon6661 Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:12 am

Anything is possible if you believe.
    Razielthemanslayer
    Addicted
    Addicted

A Question for Tracer Dual Wielders Empty Re: A Question for Tracer Dual Wielders

Post by Razielthemanslayer Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:29 am

ErrJon6661 wrote:Anything is possible if you believe.

LOL AMEN. XD

But seriusly XD, I wanna listen to some advice D:.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:37 am

I play through most of the game without a shield. I'm on ps3 so obviously I don't have the new content or the tracer weapons yet..

BUT

I have played the majority of a playthrough with a duel bandits knife combo (lightning and chaos w/vitality build) and its doable. One of the biggest challenges was the four kings, as if you can't get enough damage out you will get surrounded by them.

As I said I rarely use shields, some of my most used weapons are rapiers and curved swords. Both if backed by the right stats/upgrades as well as some skillful playing make beating the game very possibly. The best advice I can give you is learn to roll and parry if you plan on doing it.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:04 am

Going a full pla through of Dark SOuls without the shield is entirely possible.

Dodging and stamina management becomes reall important though.

I havent used the DLC Tracer weapons because I am on PS3 but I can tell you from using the Painted Guardian Sword and Shotel as weapons.... that the are entirely viable in both PvE and PvP.

Two handing weapons are key to making curved sword builds work.
    Razielthemanslayer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Razielthemanslayer Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:23 am

ErrJon6661 wrote:I play through most of the game without a shield. I'm on ps3 so obviously I don't have the new content or the tracer weapons yet..

BUT

I have played the majority of a playthrough with a duel bandits knife combo (lightning and chaos w/vitality build) and its doable. One of the biggest challenges was the four kings, as if you can't get enough damage out you will get surrounded by them.

As I said I rarely use shields, some of my most used weapons are rapiers and curved swords. Both if backed by the right stats/upgrades as well as some skillful playing make beating the game very possibly. The best advice I can give you is learn to roll and parry if you plan on doing it.

That's amazing! XD. so I need to get better at parrying :S. lol. I shall try.

What about the anor londo archers or skeleton dogs? those are my biggest worries.
    Casdman
    Casdman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Casdman Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:43 am

Razielthemanslayer wrote:
    ErrJon6661 wrote:I play through most of the game without a shield. I'm on ps3 so obviously I don't have the new content or the tracer weapons yet..

BUT

What about the anor londo archers or skeleton dogs? those are my biggest worries.

For the archers, roll over arrows till they pull out their swords. As for the dogs? run like hell
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:01 pm

If you can play without a shield you can do it ok. You'll want the Gold in your left hand because of its awesome left hand move set, and since it doesn't parry just make sure the other left hand slot does (especially for those damn archers).

As cool as the Gold Tracers strong attacks are, they're such long combos that if you're up against something you can't stun you can easily get into trouble. I tried a Capra Demon with Dual +5 Gold Tracers, and I took a lot of damage trying to fit in those awesome 3-move combos on him.
    Hamare
    Hamare

Post by Hamare Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:38 pm

Razielthemanslayer wrote:

BUT

I've been practicing Anor Londo without a shield.

For the archers, simply jog up the walkway (so push the stick all the way forward, but no need to use sprint) Once you get to the top, jog to the right archer. Whenever you hear a bow shot, roll at a diagonal towards the wall, so you don't roll off. Once you get to the archer, you have a few options. If you practiced the timing earlier, parry him (this is a skill everyone should master.) You can also walk up to him, get him to commit to a swing, and roll back. He will sometimes fall off the edge. You could also try poking him to death, as the left archer usually stops shooting at that point, but this can be risky and time consuming. Best to just parry and get it over with.

For the skeletal beasts in the Tomb of Giants, learn to roll. I highly recommend staying under 25% equipment load for you entire playthrough, and learn to dodge attacks. The skeletons are a pain even with a long weapon, but strafing to their backs works, like any other enemy. Their attacks come quickly and with little warning, but they usually take a while to recover, which is the time to attack.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:00 pm

My advice to you would be to learn how to play without a shield before attempting to run through the game with both tracer weapons. A dagger as a main weapon is ridiculously hard at times, so perhaps try using two curved swords or a weapon you're familiar with and a dagger in the offhand.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:14 pm

Why not just use the Tracers?
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:51 pm

The silver tracer (the main handed weapon as I assume he's role playing as the lords blade) does less base damage than the bandits knife. Playing with a weapon like that in the mainhand would be rather difficult, especially if its you're first time without a shield.
    Krasouski
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Krasouski Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:21 pm

Totally possible,i've already done no shields run.

The whip with spikes( dont remember the name) is a nice left-hand weapon if you want to try
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:47 pm

^Whip is a great idea for a secondary left hand weapon. Kind of fits with the build and you can parry with it (looks cool as hell parrying with a whip too).
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:16 pm

I've done a no shield run as a katana wielding ninja and it's not impossible. Beating O&S wasn't too bad, Sif was annoying but I got him in the end, some of the earlier bosses were a pain, having weaker weapons and less options, but overall it wasn't too bad. I like to PvE without a shield, it makes it more interesting

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:06 pm