Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
HarlotsLoki
Glutebrah
ICEFANG
Wrenchfarm
fujiphoenix
excaliburhc
10 posters

sunlight maggot helm and oocalie - strange pulsing

excaliburhc

sunlight maggot helm and oocalie - strange pulsing Empty sunlight maggot helm and oocalie - strange pulsing

Post by excaliburhc Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:42 am

afternoon all - long time lurker here since demon souls day happy
    first off i would like to thank ye all for the guides and info i have gleaned from this site over the years big grin
    just a quick question - was in oocalie last night at part just before bridge with 3 sorcer's and the creature wearing a straitjacket / pole on his back ,
    was wearing sunlight maggot helm - looking for secrets happy when i came to the part left of the shortcut down and between the two buildings - my helm started pulsing - i.e 3 pulses 10 seconds apart . each pulse had a soul being sucked noise and tail pointing towards the stairs you originally come down.
    my soul count did not rise , according to homeward bones i hadnt been invaded and nothing happened that i could see.

anyone any ideas ? not sure if the pulsing was common but i dont remember it happening in tombs and it didnt happen afterwards in the chasm.
    thanks all big grin keep up the good work!!
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

sunlight maggot helm and oocalie - strange pulsing Empty Re: sunlight maggot helm and oocalie - strange pulsing

Post by fujiphoenix Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:18 am

O_o
    Wrenchfarm
    Wrenchfarm

sunlight maggot helm and oocalie - strange pulsing Empty Re: sunlight maggot helm and oocalie - strange pulsing

Post by Wrenchfarm Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:05 am

I am intrigued! I haven't bothered collecting the Maggot on any of my Ool builds (Cast Light FTW!) so I can't test this. Can anyone with a bug-head give this a try?
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:17 am

There are 2 hidden doors that require a light source to open, you rumble when you get close. Its not that is it?
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:20 am

ICEFANG wrote:There are 2 hidden doors that require a light source to open, you rumble when you get close. Its not that is it?

i never knew about these hidden doors.. where are they
    HarlotsLoki
    HarlotsLoki

Post by HarlotsLoki Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:26 am

The sound and soul display you are talking about is when a player from another world kindles their bonfire, that sound is you getting a free +1 estus flask.

The reason there was 3 pulses 10 seconds apart is because of the time it takes to kindle a bonfire 3 times to get +20 estus flasks.
    excaliburhc

Post by excaliburhc Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:33 am

ahhh thank you , when it pulsed and with the tail pointing off to one side on the soul trail made me think i might have missed something .
    never checked my estus level- think i may have been full 20ish (just came from lord vessel)
    loving the lore in this game and how much is still unknown happy spent 30 minutes trying to track down a strange chiming i could here loudest close to the shortcut down to the town.turned out i might have been going mad happy

thanks for the clarification
    Purity
    Purity
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Purity Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:09 am

Haha aww.. Was hoping you were onto something new!
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:27 am

Glutebrah wrote:
    ICEFANG wrote:There are 2 hidden doors that require a light source to open, you rumble when you get close. Its not that is it?

This is me opening the doors, if you want to see how to get to them, you can watch earlier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDjAZKYcePU&feature=player_detailpage#t=3501s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E33p4JlD7Zc&feature=player_detailpage#t=966s

Sorry it took a while to find them.
    Casdman
    Casdman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Casdman Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:37 am

ICEFANG wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:

This is me opening the doors, if you want to see how to get to them, you can watch earlier

holy crap, i didnt know that second one was accessible with light,i thought you had to jump to that one obscure plank and walk across, which is what i did......

well that was a waste of like 15 minutes
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:20 pm

That sound like someone kindling their bonfire, so you receive a estus buff in yours. Look it up man big grin
    SnailsAndSlugs
    SnailsAndSlugs
    Casual
    Casual

Post by SnailsAndSlugs Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:49 pm

Casdman wrote:
    ICEFANG wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:

holy crap, i didnt know that second one was accessible with light,i thought you had to jump to that one obscure plank and walk across, which is what i did......

well that was a waste of like 15 minutes

Yeah, it took me like 15-20 attempts to jump across that broken floor the first time. My question is why the *** would they make this really inaccessible room (by using light or by jumping) that only leads to a red titanite chunk. At first I thought it was a double secret, much like the entrance to the Great Hollow. The chunk throws you off when it actually leads to something more. Unfortunately this isn't the case.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:33 am