Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
TehInfamousAmos
BackstabFisherman
OrnsteinBro
callipygias
GlenJonson
9 posters

BKGA on PC

GlenJonson

BKGA on PC Empty BKGA on PC

Post by GlenJonson Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:58 am

I play PC the version, Black knight greataxe +5 damage put by one hand less than Black Knight Halberd + 5 though on the screen of the character damage in the right hand is displayed more at greataxe-618 and at helberd-511. Str- 50 dext -18. tried on various enemies. in what there can be a reason? both weapon one handed. tried almost on all enemies. Sorry for bad English
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

BKGA on PC Empty Re: BKGA on PC

Post by callipygias Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:34 pm

I was gonna start a thread on this too. It seem slike the BKGA has been nerfed somehow. I was using it to kill the Bridge Wyvern last night on PC, when I realized how long it was taking I saw I was only doing 399 damage per 2-hand R1 to its face. I'm 40 str and 40 dex. Same stats on XBL do over 600, I thought. I changed to my +15 Great Scythe and it did 400 damage. That's waaaaay wrong.

Its stats still say 618 damage, with B in str and E in dex, same as it has always been, yet the damage isn't the same. I have a 40/40 on XBL too, so I'll test it more tonight, as I don't see how it's possible it was nerfed if the numbers are all the same.
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:40 pm

It's possible from nerfed it, considering its speed and damage for a heavy weapon. I don't use it anyway but it'll be good since fewer ganks will carry it.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:56 pm

I don't care whether anyone thinks it's good or bad, but if anybody can check it out and confirm or deny would be very cool.
    GlenJonson

Post by GlenJonson Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:50 pm

oh thank god I'm not the only one who noticed this. I started to think that only my BKGA works less)
    BackstabFisherman
    BackstabFisherman
    Regular
    Regular

Post by BackstabFisherman Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:40 pm

Did they really nerf the BKGA? It never was a good enough weapon to justify a nerf. I used to fight BKGA users all the time in the kiln on PS3. It has a decent move set for a heavier weapon, which is about all it had going for it, but it couldn't be buffed.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:45 pm

I don't believe it is a nerf. It is most likely that the resistances have been corrected. Perhaps the Hellkite Drake is more susceptible to slash damage from the halberd?
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:19 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:I don't believe it is a nerf. It is most likely that the resistances have been corrected.
    Seems like this has to be the case. I'll test it tonight against mobs on Xbox/PC.
    SnailsAndSlugs
    SnailsAndSlugs
    Casual
    Casual

Post by SnailsAndSlugs Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:45 pm

Now that you mention it, I did notice taking less damage than I expected when hit with the BKGA in PvP.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:17 pm

I went up the stairs and killed each hollow soldier twice on each system, the numbers were the same each time. This is the damage the 1-handed R1 attack of the BKGA did:

On Xbox, 40 st, 40 dex = 485

PC, 40 str, 40 dex = 366

The difference on the Hellkite was even more dramatic, but I'll have to get those numbers next time through. By the way, the attack on the PC version is actually higher; it says 617, vs. the Xbox which says 611.
    SnailsAndSlugs
    SnailsAndSlugs
    Casual
    Casual

Post by SnailsAndSlugs Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:19 pm

frickin' weird! Thanks for looking into this! I wonder how many other "hidden" nerfs there are weapon-wise.

I also posit that two-handed rapier attacks do more poise damage then they used to. I get stunned in two hits from a 2H estoc when I'm wearing 76 poise!
    Veradox
    Veradox
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Veradox Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:05 am

I'm more or less thinking the case is in resistances. +1 to TehInfamousAmos.
    I noticed a dramatic difference when using axes/maces against skeletons compared to slashing/thrusting weps.
    Just give a try upgrading Battle Axe and Halberd (easily obtainable and cheap to upgrade) to the closest AR and check out the actual damage output.
    TonyDamajer
    TonyDamajer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TonyDamajer Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:37 am

callipygias wrote:I went up the stairs and killed each hollow soldier twice on each system, the numbers were the same each time. This is the damage the 1-handed R1 attack of the BKGA did:

On Xbox, 40 st, 40 dex = 485

PC, 40 str, 40 dex = 366

The difference on the Hellkite was even more dramatic, but I'll have to get those numbers next time through. By the way, the attack on the PC version is actually higher; it says 617, vs. the Xbox which says 611.
    maybe you should compare the other attacks aswell - if R2, running R1, rolling R1 and jump attack still deal the same dmg, then they just nerfed the R1s attack rating coefficient

That would be my guess. Maybe From felt like the R1 was too strong for a fast attack with fast followups on a big weapon.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:56 pm

It was the same with R2's. Besides, the difference was huge vs. the Hellkite, like I said before, and I'd never swing anything at him with only one hand.

Veradox wrote:I'm more or less thinking the case is in resistances. +1 to TehInfamousAmos.
    Yet the other weapons I've checked do the same damage on those hollows, so unless they somehow specifically raised enemies' resistance to the BKGA then that doesn't quite fly. Plus, if what snails noticed in pvp was accurate that also points to a hidden nerf.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:06 pm

Good, I'm glad they nerfed BKGAXE. It's a horrible looking weapon anyway. BKHAL deserves so much more play.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:13 am