Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Knight Alundil
carlucio
ChizFreak
H3adShotty
callipygias
ErrJon6661
Techneeq
11 posters

Is PvP In Oolacile Township Beginning To Die?

Techneeq
    Techneeq
    Casual
    Casual

Is PvP In Oolacile Township Beginning To Die? Empty Is PvP In Oolacile Township Beginning To Die?

Post by Techneeq Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:41 pm

I have been trying to invaded and get invaded in Oolacile Township for 30 minutes now on a SL88 and have only gotten one PvP interaction. My NAT and Upnp and all that is available (in use) and open so it should not be a technical problem.

Is PvP here on PC just dying out or has it moved somewhere else? I just really want to fight people.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Is PvP In Oolacile Township Beginning To Die? Empty Re: Is PvP In Oolacile Township Beginning To Die?

Post by ErrJon6661 Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:43 pm

I'm fairly sure most people use the arena for pvp. I don't have it on pc but I've heard that pretty much anywhere that was good for pvp isn't now.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Is PvP In Oolacile Township Beginning To Die? Empty Re: Is PvP In Oolacile Township Beginning To Die?

Post by callipygias Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:48 pm

I'm sure level-invading will remain as popular as ever, and that is a fantastic level for it. Probably just a temporary issue. Happens to me far too often on PC, I'll go hours and hours sometimes without even seeing another player's shadow.
    H3adShotty
    H3adShotty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by H3adShotty Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:07 pm

At SL 81 my Darkwraith has seen much PvP action, managed to climb from 15 humanity to over 50 in under 2 hours, as far as i can tell by experience with my moonbro, i don't think the meta's revolving around SL 99 outside of the arena, then again i only invade players that have been indicted, but i believe allot of players are stopping around SL 80 and within that range for PvP in Oolacile.

The arena's great and all, but it just doesn't have that feel to it that we all know and love that is true PvP in Dark Souls!
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:11 pm

Well, I noticed this too. A week ago and before, that place was perfect
    for PvP, people to invade everywhere and being invaded too. But now it
    seems it has downed a bit. With my SL62 toon I've been having troubles
    too.

I think that the community realized the level cap (100) and
    started to make new characters for the arena. So the community moved
    there maybe?

Also it seems that gankers have chose their weapons: TCC + Pursuers + Spam Dark Bead + Summon Phantoms for Help = Ultra Ganking.

See this to know what I'm talking about, the horror is unbearable:

H3adShotty
    H3adShotty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by H3adShotty Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:19 pm

ChizFreak wrote:Well, I noticed this too. A week ago and before, that place was perfect
    for PvP, people to invade everywhere and being invaded too. But now it
    seems it has downed a bit. With my SL62 toon I've been having troubles
    too.

I think that the community realized the level cap (100) and
    started to make new characters for the arena. So the community moved
    there maybe?

Also it seems that gankers have chose their weapons: TCC + Pursuers + Spam Dark Bead + Summon Phantoms for Help = Ultra Ganking.

See this to know what I'm talking about, the horror is unbearable:

I've ran into a few dark sorcery gankers in the forest, and luckily the times i ran into them, they were pretty much fragile save for the host, it takes a whole lot of luck they they don't go at you in unison with the dark magic, if there's a will there's always a way, show the buggers how things really go in this game. happy

But i agree... invading a world with 2 dark sorcerers and a host in havels... Horrific. sad
    carlucio
    carlucio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:54 pm

No, there is a lot of people trying to figt there, those crappy servers that doesn't allow us to do that.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:42 am

carlucio wrote:No, there is a lot of people trying to figt there, those crappy servers that doesn't allow us to do that.

The game is p2p; There are no servers.
    e82
    Casual
    Casual

Post by e82 Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:33 am

ErrJon6661 wrote:I'm fairly sure most people use the arena for pvp. I don't have it on pc but I've heard that pretty much anywhere that was good for pvp isn't now.

I haven't done much invading in the last few days, but there was a few days where I could invade nonstop in Oolacile Township and get matched up pretty much non-stop, with most players standing near the spawn point looking for a fair fight.

The arena match-making seems to be a bit flakey at best -- I could stand there for 30 minutes and not have any actions, but in the township be able to invade consistently.
    MrGrimmmz
    MrGrimmmz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by MrGrimmmz Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:42 pm

It has been quite active for the past week and i haven't seen it died down since. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v--7QO1_BOw&feature=plcp
    (VOLUME MAY BE LOUD SO CAUTION)

That's the only video i forgot to lower my voice, all other ones are just fine though. I'm actually uploading another video with more invasions in the township so if your interested you should check it out. Surprisingly enough just putting down a red soapstone i managed to get into a lot of matches.
    RCPD_STARS
    RCPD_STARS
    Regular
    Regular

Post by RCPD_STARS Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:47 pm

It has absolutely died down! With toons at sl 67, 77, and 99, I am getting a fight every 15 min to half hour. I was at it for 5 hours today, and I am very, very frustrated.

I have all of the correct ports open, and I am getting a HUGE dropoff in action compared to last week and earlier. Every freaking time I use the red eye orb, the fog gate goes up and then I wait and never get invaded. Use it again, fog gate goes up with no invader.

Ironically, when I use the dried finger, the fog gate does not go up...

It feels terribly broken. When I actually do get action, I fight the same d-bag 3-5 times in a row too.
    MrGrimmmz
    MrGrimmmz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by MrGrimmmz Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:21 pm

RCPD_STARS wrote:It has absolutely died down! With toons at sl 67, 77, and 99, I am getting a fight every 15 min to half hour. I was at it for 5 hours today, and I am very, very frustrated.

I have all of the correct ports open, and I am getting a HUGE dropoff in action compared to last week and earlier. Every freaking time I use the red eye orb, the fog gate goes up and then I wait and never get invaded. Use it again, fog gate goes up with no invader.

Ironically, when I use the dried finger, the fog gate does not go up...

It feels terribly broken. When I actually do get action, I fight the same d-bag 3-5 times in a row too.

ah that reminds me, im actually SL 121, im surprised it died down at your level because i would imagine even more active invasions by that level, weird :/
    RCPD_STARS
    RCPD_STARS
    Regular
    Regular

Post by RCPD_STARS Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:06 pm

I should add that yesterday it worked really well for parts of the day. Just so inconsistent!
    Taganov

Post by Taganov Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:13 pm

RCPD_STARS wrote:I should add that yesterday it worked really well for parts of the day. Just so inconsistent!

I was there last night and there was a pretty good invasion rate. I'm in the Dragon covenant and people weren't shy about summoning me either--I think other obscure covenants like Gravelords might want to try this spot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:45 am