Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Spurgun
cloudyeki
Taganov
7 posters

Path of the Dragon Covenant: Tips for usage?

Taganov

Path of the Dragon Covenant: Tips for usage? Empty Path of the Dragon Covenant: Tips for usage?

Post by Taganov Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:00 pm

I just joined the Dragon covenant (on PC) and was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to effectively use this covenant. Perhaps there's a resource I've overlooked? I tried placing my scale searching eye/summon sign in the forest--because at the very least there's ganker traffic there--but I just ended up being invaded by a couple spirits of vengeance.

It seems to me since this covenant limits the invasion to a duel, all the folks looking for a non-gank PvP situation should be jumping all over the dragon eye summon signs.

Anyway, suggestions?
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Path of the Dragon Covenant: Tips for usage? Empty Re: Path of the Dragon Covenant: Tips for usage?

Post by cloudyeki Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:04 pm

You wanna find a dueling hub that everyone frequents. Right now it seems to be the entrance of the Oolacile Township for PC, and on consoles it's the burg and Kiln.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Path of the Dragon Covenant: Tips for usage? Empty Re: Path of the Dragon Covenant: Tips for usage?

Post by Spurgun Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:09 pm

If you want to level up in the cov, then you should farm drakes or find a friend who can summon you to duel him.
    I'm in the dragon cov most of the time. And if you want to PvP a lot then you should simply host, it's a lot faster than the eye.
    That's also why not so many people use the eye, it's too slow. So most people take the risk of being ganked to have fast PvP.
    Taganov

Post by Taganov Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:22 pm

Spurgeon, by "host" do you mean wander around in human form? Cuz I do that at all times, in all areas. Invasions add a little spice to the experience, I find. On PC I've noticed an overall reticence about PvP. I've had people quit
    the game, run from me to the boss fog wall and run off cliffs in sheer
    panic when I've invaded. And I'm rubbish!

*sigh* Too bad about the eye not being so effective. I've never used this covenant before and it seems quite interesting.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:25 pm

Yes. Hosting is when you're the one who's invaded, not the ones who invading.
    And most of the players on PC are probably new, so they might not know how to deal with you silly

The covenant is fun, and i use the dragon body all the time. But the eye isn't worth it IMO. By hosting you can still PvP without leaving the cov (and all the bonuses you get from it).
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:39 pm

I would use it to increase dragon roar power and the dragon claws AR.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:13 pm

On the topic of dragon Cov, how on earth do I use Body? It seems similar to WoG or force but It doesn't feel like I'm doing all that much with it.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:18 pm

It blows away all med shields except for the black knight and the silver knight shields. Which allow you to hit them while they're staggered (same as hitting them during an animation) and you get the roar boost on top of that. So you can do some incredible amounts of damage on people who turtle.

You can also roar before attacking. This might make you a bit predictable, but it also gives you a damage boost.
    Taganov

Post by Taganov Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:19 pm

I haven't gotten body myself yet, but I assume it's used just like head (as an item). My experience against a player using body was the roar, which produced a wrath of god effect. It deflects magic and projectiles and completely broke my guard. I understand it boosts the strength of melee, sorcery and pyromancy for a brief period after use.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:30 pm

Does Leo ring kick in when you roar stagger someone?

Cause ohh boy if it does.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:34 pm

It should work. But i haven't used it, because i like my wolf/FaP combo.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:38 pm

DarkW has done the roar/Leo combo. Either with a spear, BSS, or Hal. I can't remeber. He said it's devastating though. Pretty sure he was actually doing it with the RTSR at some point also. Hal+Leo+roar+crit+RTSR does a terrifying amount of damage.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:46 pm

Interesting thing, you don't have to be human to use the Dragon Eye, but they can only summon you if they are alone, and not being invaded. I suggest you place it right before Arotrias's Crest's door for similar effect, but once again, its hard to be summoned that way, don't expect a lot of love.
    Taganov

Post by Taganov Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:39 am

This may be of interest to other Dragonway users, but I pretty much just dragon eyed it in Oolacile township and got 10 scales. Oh I got beat down a hell of a lot more times than that, but it seems you can get a fair amount of action by that first bonfire.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:20 pm

What SL?

Well it matters a lot less, I farmed 80 scales of drakes already haha.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:39 pm

Jesus Christ. Farming the 30 for the torso took FOREVER. Screw farming 80.
    Taganov

Post by Taganov Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:03 pm

Well, I started at SL 120 last night, but I'm 137 now. More blue and red wraith invasions than summons through the eye, but I always stay in human form--makes the game so much more fun now.

I'll probably end up farming drakes, but for right now, I actually want to get better at PvP, especially parrying. I don't have a sparring partner yet, but damned if I don't have lots of reds and blues who punish all my whiffs!
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:20 pm

Are you on PC? If you live near the states we can play, if not, Spurgun can probably play, he's been wanting to play with me, but I and he have greatly different timezones so its hard.
    Taganov

Post by Taganov Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:40 pm

ICEFANG wrote:Are you on PC? If you live near the states we can play, if not, Spurgun can probably play, he's been wanting to play with me, but I and he have greatly different timezones so its hard.

Yup. I'm in Cali and down to play. My GFWL tag is SeaPeaJones.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:12 pm

I'll add you on GFWL, hope we can play big grin
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:13 pm

DamageCK wrote:Jesus Christ. Farming the 30 for the torso took FOREVER. Screw farming 80.

Haha, try fighting for them silly
    Or just suck it up and farm, that's what i did the first time.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:07 pm

I took the two-hour hit and farmed the thirty. Although, like an idiot, I waited till NG++ to do it, so they don't go down quite so easy. That has a lot to do with it.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:10 pm

You got 30 scales in 2 hours? I never get them that fast sad
    But i always make sure to farm them before NG+. The drakes are really nasty at higher NG's silly
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:18 pm

I had my method DOWN. I come down the elevator and trip it before I step out so it's back up top again when I bone out. And I only kill the first two and then bone out so I don't get swarmed by the group after the bridge. Hyper pyro or sorc.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:39 pm

Using a bow to kill 3-4-5 is the best way.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:28 am