Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Ghadis_God
WyrmHero
DamageCK
DarkW17
The Letter X
Forum Pirate
RedderAI
Rifter7
DoughGuy
Kiva the wanderer
14 posters

dealing with rapier turtles

Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

dealing with rapier turtles - Page 2 Empty Re: dealing with rapier turtles

Post by Ghadis_God Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:04 am

Wait... you mean oxycontin? I've fought that guy in the burg on multiple occasions, we're probably nearly tied in win/loss but he's a good player, great aim with that pyro. He spams DB's though if things don't go his way; I once had a fairly long fight with him in which he must have used 4 or 5 DB's. A good parrier too.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:13 am

Lol ya that hellbird is his claim to fame and ya it pwns guys he's a pretty crazy pyro guy....and fun as hell to fight

Reaver will be a good one as well as the chameleon trick its the only real casting trick I know....besides that practice with manual aiming...or waiting till they are right in your face and slam them with a CSS!
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:34 am

Ghadis_God wrote:Wait... you mean oxycontin? I've fought that guy in the burg on multiple occasions, we're probably nearly tied in win/loss but he's a good player, great aim with that pyro. He spams DB's though if things don't go his way; I once had a fairly long fight with him in which he must have used 4 or 5 DB's. A good parrier too.

Yeah, that's him. He found a build that suits his style pretty much perfectly, and he's basically just been running amok with it. Back when I was still PvPing everyday we'd just spar each other all the time, trying new/weird ****, exchanching ideas and methods. Helped improve our game a lot. But even beyond that, he's just a cool *ss dude. Half the time we'll summon each other to fight and end up shooting the sh*t in a chat for like two hours instead. Drop him a line if you're looking for a good player to duel with regularly.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:42 am

DarkW17 wrote:Lol ya that hellbird is his claim to fame and ya it pwns guys he's a pretty crazy pyro guy....and fun as hell to fight

Reaver will be a good one as well as the chameleon trick its the only real casting trick I know....besides that practice with manual aiming...or waiting till they are right in your face and slam them with a CSS!

I'm pretty beast with manual souls spears, mostly because I was on a pyro kick for the longest time, and the same methods apply. Plus I play locked off all the time anyway, so it just feels natural to do it that way. I'm going to take my 500 to the Forest and spend some time swapping out gear/poise totals/att slot numbers/get my cast lineup locked down/expand on the method. Once I know how I want everything set up, I'll make a buck-twenty for reg PvP and a 100 for the arena. The Dark magics are going to throw everything off though. Gotta go through and see what casts I like and how many of each I'll need again.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:51 am

Ya unlocking/locking steady is the only way to fight for any play style!

Lol I know what you mean about the chats we've had some pretty funny azz talks and fighting with him has improved my game...I toss him the odd trick also lol we have fought so much we pretty have each other figured out tho...its just a race to see who dies 1st lol!

I am super interested with the new dark magic...I am going to make a new psn...don't worry it will be Glatts_17 lol with 10 toons ready to build!
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:53 am

I'm actually going to do the same thing. I haven't settled on a PSN yet though. I had a couple in mind, but they both went over the char limit of 16. Back to the drawing board.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:22 am

Come on bro you know its going to be Damage_CK lol!
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:26 am

DamageCK wrote:
    Ghadis_God wrote:Wait... you mean oxycontin? I've fought that guy in the burg on multiple occasions, we're probably nearly tied in win/loss but he's a good player, great aim with that pyro. He spams DB's though if things don't go his way; I once had a fairly long fight with him in which he must have used 4 or 5 DB's. A good parrier too.

Yeah, that's him. He found a build that suits his style pretty much perfectly, and he's basically just been running amok with it. Back when I was still PvPing everyday we'd just spar each other all the time, trying new/weird ****, exchanching ideas and methods. Helped improve our game a lot. But even beyond that, he's just a cool *ss dude. Half the time we'll summon each other to fight and end up shooting the sh*t in a chat for like two hours instead. Drop him a line if you're looking for a good player to duel with regularly.
    I still bow to him but his DB use rubbed me the wrong way the first time we fought, I'm still at a loss to explain why he does it. Some duels he will heal with them and some he will fight with total honor without me doing anything different.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:27 am

DarkW17 wrote: Come on bro you know its going to be Damage_CK lol!
    Can't you make a new user on your PS3 and get new save files without changing your PSN?
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:38 am

I know he's inclined to heal if he gets attacked while bowing, which doesn't sound like your style. Or if the other player spammed Hornet roll BSes, which I don't agree with, even as annoying as it is. Not sure what the deal is though.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:43 am

DarkW17 wrote: Come on bro you know its going to be Damage_CK lol!

I'm thinking more along the lines of variations on DamageCK using different words with similar meanings, like DemolitionCK. Or any line from Metallica's "Battery'. LunacyHasFoundMe, for example. The whole damn song is about kicking *ss, and that's right up my alley. Haha.

But Oxy and I were talking about have our main PSN's and two alternates. One for the 1-50 arena bracket and the other for 51-100. That way we wont have to overwrite any files and we can have plenty of builds to work with.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:45 am

Ya not sure either before we starting dueling each other a lot we fought lots randomly in the burg and he never used a DB but I dunno Shrug

Damn I'm not sure Ghadis ill have to look into that...I assumed I would have to create a new one?
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:05 am

POA_CK (Pounding Out Aggression)

Also I still see a good number of eagle shields, but it's still overwhelmingly medium shields as the most common.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:14 am

Dung pies work well for "rookies" These are the people who think the shield will protect them against everything. If they're hosting, dung pies + Lloyd's. THen bide your time, keep pelting Lloyd's and BS them when they foolishly try to heal. That animation is hilarious.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:35 am

Jansports wrote:POA_CK (Pounding Out Aggression)

Also I still see a good number of eagle shields, but it's still overwhelmingly medium shields as the most common.

I considered a variation on that line as well. AggressionObsession, or something to that effect. God damn character limit. Give me like 20, PSN.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:38 am

i actually have a second PSN, Glutebrah, but don't don't feel like starting all over with dark souls.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:26 pm

DamageCK wrote:I know he's inclined to heal if he gets attacked while bowing, which doesn't sound like your style. Or if the other player spammed Hornet roll BSes, which I don't agree with, even as annoying as it is. Not sure what the deal is though.
    I attacked him while he was putting Charcoal resin on his Halberd once, and when he tried to eat grass halfway through a fight. He bowed before he buffed though, so I consider it fair game for attacks, and I won't let anyone munch grass after their first runs out. You could be Damage_Jackal from Damage Inc. or something similar if you want a Metallica themed PSN twisted
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:36 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:
    DamageCK wrote:I know he's inclined to heal if he gets attacked while bowing, which doesn't sound like your style. Or if the other player spammed Hornet roll BSes, which I don't agree with, even as annoying as it is. Not sure what the deal is though.
    I attacked him while he was putting Charcoal resin on his Halberd once, and when he tried to eat grass halfway through a fight. He bowed before he buffed though, so I consider it fair game for attacks, and I won't let anyone munch grass after their first runs out. You could be Damage_Jackal from Damage Inc. or something similar if you want a Metallica themed PSN twisted

I agree with the green blossoms and re-buffing the disadvantage to these things is that they have to be applied its nnot like you equip them and have a blast they take time and have to be applied for balancing reasons and allowing re-buffs isn't what the designers intended.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:42 pm

I asked him what his problem was last night and he said he was sending someone a PSN message the first time you invaded, and you allegedly ran up and started attacking while he was doing that, so he kind of took it as "this isn't a duel, it's an invasion". No rules apply type scenario. He said that was the only time anything like that ever happened and that you're an all-around good player.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:49 pm

And people keep using the phrase "not what the designers/devs/people who made the game intended" as if there were some list of things developers are quoted as having intended/not intended to have in the game. It's not a big deal, I guess, it's just a presumptuous argument, and I don't really grant it any merit for that reason.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:51 pm

In that case, you can tell him I'm sorry, I'm looking for nothing but good duels in the burg. I do think I remember invading him while he was AFK once and I bowed, since he didn't do anything I assumed he didn't want a duel and I attacked him. Funny how these misunderstanding work sometimes lol.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:53 pm

That's what I told him, basically that you didn't strike me as that kind of player. He's fine with it though. Sh*t happens. Think some people are getting together this weekend for duels if you want to drop one of us a line and get in on it.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:05 pm

DamageCK wrote:And people keep using the phrase "not what the designers/devs/people who made the game intended" as if there were some list of things developers are quoted as having intended/not intended to have in the game. It's not a big deal, I guess, it's just a presumptuous argument, and I don't really grant it any merit for that reason.

Let me rephrase if I see you try a rebuff I'm going to shower you with arrows and sword swings not stand idely as happy as a bee.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:16 pm

I'm cool with you doing that, because YOU decided to. Fire away, my man.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:35 pm

I know it started out as praise, but let's not discuss real or perceived problems with specific players, per forum rule #6. Please feel free to take that to PMs or elsewhere off site. Thanks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:36 am