Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

SL99 Heracles Build

Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

SL99 Heracles Build Empty SL99 Heracles Build

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:39 am

So I thought I'd try my hand at a strength build this time around, this one being a cosplay of the legendary Greek demigod Heracles. It's a bit lacking in defense, but its poise, speed, and AR are nothing to sneeze at.

Definitely a build for experienced Str weapon users to roll, but it's got some variety in how you set it up. It can use the Eagle shield (which also matches the cosplay) along with the Dark Hand for parries, and it's also able to wield the Dragon Tooth while still fast rolling, which I will certainly be doing. The best part (Aside from being utterly boss)? SL99 for the Arena!

I already have a SL 70 version of this build, and it is absolutely killer. Granted, it uses the Lightning GC, but I think the low defense justifies it, and I do have 28 Str so it's not exactly min/maxing. So far I'm undefeated with it, not that I've done that many invasions, but most people are powerless against a decent Str wep user.
    http://tinyurl.com/cart9a4
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

SL99 Heracles Build Empty Re: SL99 Heracles Build

Post by ErrJon6661 Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:51 am

Thats a pretty cool build.

I don't know if you thought of this but you can squeeze on the giants helm (which I've always thought looked kinda gladiator ish) for some extra poise and still fast roll with some weight left over. Not sure if it fits what you have though.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:54 am

That might actually fit, cosplay-wise. I'd have to take it off to use the Dragon tooth or Eagle Shield though, it's definitely a situational thing.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:56 am

I don't think you'd need to. My friend just did a playthrough naked with a great club and a plank shield. He's been doing pvp at sl 110 (on xbox) with the same character and he's got a pretty good win/loss streak going.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:02 am

I do need to, I've worked it out on Mugenmonkey. With the Giant Helm I have .04 weight left, without it I have 6.7, which gives me room for either Eagle + Darkhand or Dragon Tooth.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:44 am

How about Sunlight Shield or Iron Round Shield? He used a bow with fire arrows, and a sickle (Shotel) for cutting the Hydra's heads. He also wore the lion's hide as armor. No idea on that but the Eastern Armor and Ornstein's Helm have a lion.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:05 am

In the depictions of Heracles I've seen he usually uses what seems to be a small wooden shield. It's basically just there for looks and parries, I can afford the aesthetic because it's low weight. But he usually appears either in the Lion's pelt or just in a waistcloth, I don't really want any armor on him and there's no wearable animal skin clothes in game, which would have been cool. Good point about the bow and sickle though. I don't really want to invest into Dex for the Shotel though, that kind of defeats some of the strength of the build. It would be better starting as a warrior in that case.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:10 am

Chaos Composite Bow silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:28 am