Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Krasouski
Uparkaam
TehInfamousAmos
Rynn
CaligoIllioneus
Knight Alundil
Spurgun
Tolvo
Rudmed
RANT
Siegfried.
ChizFreak
16 posters

Most chosen starting class? (just most used, not the first you chose when first-time playing)

Poll

Most used class?

[ 5 ]
    Most chosen starting class? (just most used, not the first you chose when first-time playing) I_vote_lcap7%Most chosen starting class? (just most used, not the first you chose when first-time playing) I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 12 ]
    Most chosen starting class? (just most used, not the first you chose when first-time playing) I_vote_lcap17%Most chosen starting class? (just most used, not the first you chose when first-time playing) I_vote_rcap [17%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Most chosen starting class? (just most used, not the first you chose when first-time playing) I_vote_lcap4%Most chosen starting class? (just most used, not the first you chose when first-time playing) I_vote_rcap [4%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Most chosen starting class? (just most used, not the first you chose when first-time playing) I_vote_lcap8%Most chosen starting class? (just most used, not the first you chose when first-time playing) I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Most chosen starting class? (just most used, not the first you chose when first-time playing) I_vote_lcap4%Most chosen starting class? (just most used, not the first you chose when first-time playing) I_vote_rcap [4%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Most chosen starting class? (just most used, not the first you chose when first-time playing) I_vote_lcap11%Most chosen starting class? (just most used, not the first you chose when first-time playing) I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 19 ]
    Most chosen starting class? (just most used, not the first you chose when first-time playing) I_vote_lcap26%Most chosen starting class? (just most used, not the first you chose when first-time playing) I_vote_rcap [26%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Most chosen starting class? (just most used, not the first you chose when first-time playing) I_vote_lcap6%Most chosen starting class? (just most used, not the first you chose when first-time playing) I_vote_rcap [6%] 
    [ 10 ]
    Most chosen starting class? (just most used, not the first you chose when first-time playing) I_vote_lcap14%Most chosen starting class? (just most used, not the first you chose when first-time playing) I_vote_rcap [14%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Most chosen starting class? (just most used, not the first you chose when first-time playing) I_vote_lcap3%Most chosen starting class? (just most used, not the first you chose when first-time playing) I_vote_rcap [3%] 

Total Votes: 72
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Most chosen starting class? (just most used, not the first you chose when first-time playing) Empty Most chosen starting class? (just most used, not the first you chose when first-time playing)

Post by ChizFreak Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:33 pm

Just that. I have to say, that it's not needed to choose the first class you chose when you played the game for the first time. Just select the class you chose most of the times you create a new character.

The poll it's multiple choice, but please just select 2 options maximum.

Last edited by ChizFreak on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Siegfried.
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Most chosen starting class? (just most used, not the first you chose when first-time playing) Empty Re: Most chosen starting class? (just most used, not the first you chose when first-time playing)

Post by Siegfried. Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:35 pm

I chose Knight and Warrior. If my character's a caster, they tend to go with Miracles and some decent close combat ability, so Knight is a brilliant choice for that. Otherwise, I really like quality builds -- a build too dedicated to either strength or dexterity, without balance, just doesn't click for me as well. So I use the Warrior class for maximum efficiency when it comes to building a versatile fighter.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Most chosen starting class? (just most used, not the first you chose when first-time playing) Empty Re: Most chosen starting class? (just most used, not the first you chose when first-time playing)

Post by RANT Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:47 pm

If I want magic I go cleric, my first and most used starting class is the bandit, I love me some str builds.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:54 pm

RantFromRant wrote:If I want magic I go cleric, my first and most used starting class is the bandit, I love me some str builds.

Yep, see that's the info I'm trying to get with this poll. At end of it, we should be able to estimate how much builds of X type are. Like if you chose Bandit, it's very probable that you make STR builds. Or at least a hybrid of STR and another.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:58 pm

I wnet Knight and Pyro for my 1st two classes. Those were my choices. I went for a str faith for my knight (though that was my first time and I had no clue what I was doing).

Pyro is for a character that I may restart. Though if I want somewhat/flexiable stats I would suggest pyromancer.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:59 pm

Thief, what can I say I'm addicted to parrying.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:59 pm

It's probably the bandit or the warrior for me. Since i mostly do str and quality builds.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:04 pm

I'm quite surprised the Knight is the most common so far. I would have thought it would be the sorcerer or something :O
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:05 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:I'm quite surprised the Knight is the most common so far. I would have thought it would be the sorcerer or something :O

Who needs magic when you can throw lighting bolts, use a hammer, and have the wrath of a god?

.......Thor cosplay....someone do it!
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:06 pm

Damn. Thats not a bad idea. Royal helm... giant hammer... i'm doing this now big grin
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:07 pm

Warrior in my case, I like melee builds and I like how the early levels play...mid roll, good end dex and str...
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:07 pm

Thor cosplays have been done A LOT already.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:08 pm

Awww... *sadface*
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:10 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:Awww... *sadface*

You'll find an orignal one eventually....or you might be forever sentenced to the abyss with no escape.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:11 pm

SAM FISHER COSPLAY! OR RANDY MARSH!
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:01 pm

Warrior is my most -picked- class, but my most efficient builds tend to be sorcerers.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:27 pm

I either choose Hunter, Bandit, Wanderer or Warrior.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:18 pm

So far, the most chosen class is Pyromancer, I believe it's because of it's flexibility.
    Siegfried.
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Siegfried. Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:43 pm

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the Pyromancer. I honestly find it a bit of a chore to start a Dark Souls run with one, for some reason. Perhaps it's the flexibility that gets me -- there's just a lack of commitment that makes the class a jack of no trades. If I wanted versatility, I'd choose Knight, Wanderer or Warrior every time, depending on my plans. But the Pyromancer, to me, just has this kind of boring allocation of stats.

Mind you, it's clear that many people feel differently about the Pyromancer. I guess I have a bone to pick with the damned thing; I did a SL1 run a little while back and had to deal with those starting stats from the Asylum to Gwyn, and a lot of people suggest the Pyromancer for beginners rather than the superior answer -- that being, "whichever you like the idea of".
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:56 am

Warrior for me. I'm mostly a pure melee player.
    Krasouski
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Krasouski Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:51 pm

i mostly use warrior,sorcerer and cleric
    VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VinheimProfessor Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:02 am

Sorceror. The Attunement and soul arrow are just too useful.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:49 pm

I used to always start as a Pyromancer because it starts at level 1 with 2 spell slots already. But since I usually hang out around sl60 the rest of his starting stats are very poorly distributed for most of my builds. These days I use sorceror for pure mage builds, and either wanderer or hunter for magic/faith backed melee fighters respectively, since both start at 14 dex for my beloved BSS. The wanderer actually makes a pretty nice spellsword build even at very low levels due to above average starting attunement/int.
    Siegfried.
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Siegfried. Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:00 pm

Personally, I've always found the Wanderer to be the most efficient class for making spellswords.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:22 am

Dude this has already been done

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:54 pm