Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
FinPeku
XachAttack
Mr_Bungle50221
Mr. Tart
ViralEnsign_
WyrmHero
Rynn
ChaosMoogle
13 posters

The "Alternative Weapon" Covenant - Proposals

ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

The "Alternative Weapon" Covenant - Proposals - Page 3 Empty Re: The "Alternative Weapon" Covenant - Proposals

Post by ChaosMoogle Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:15 pm

Sparkly - Noted! As for the new Greatswords, I did actually toy with the idea of including the new ones but ultimately decided against it. Once the DLC is out, and we see how the use of Greatswords goes, we could perhaps add some of them back in again though. The moveset of the Abyss Sword certainly is awesome (if not impractical) so it's not without remorse that I omitted it sad
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

The "Alternative Weapon" Covenant - Proposals - Page 3 Empty Re: The "Alternative Weapon" Covenant - Proposals

Post by XachAttack Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:34 pm

Dark Bead and Persuers are definent additions to the ban list, everyone and their dog's grandma uses them. Black Flame I'm not sure about, it's just like Great Combustion, so I'll leave that one to you.

Hard to get hit with sorcery you say? I rolled into White Dragon Breath >_>;;. I've never seen anything do that much damage to me..

Personally, I think greatswords should be allowed once the DLC hits, what with the nerf and all. They're unable to stunlock with their 2h r1's. Hallelujah!

P.S: My comment about the Dragon breath was just a funny story, not a "BAN THIS!" statement lol.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:32 am

ChaosMoogle wrote:Yeah....temporary covenant title silly I'm going to think of something that fits in with the lore I'm working on (which isn't just limited to the unorthodox idea).
    Ah-hah! I am interested in what kind of lore you have in mind for this covenant. I look forward to seeing the products of your speculations.

As for Rapiers, without the use of the Leo Ring I find them to be
    generally quite underwhelming in terms of diversity / the damage you can
    inflict without critical's. It almost always inevitably comes down to
    looking for criticals as your health dwindles and your frustration at
    how little damage your are doing rises. Velka's and Ricard's are quite
    fun though; the R2's can do monstrous damage when used right.
    Rapiers can actually be pretty great in the right hands, even without relying on critical damage or even the R2's you mentioned. Here's a video of someone primarily using speed and precision to put their Velka's Rapier to good use, for instance. [Link]

Anyway, not debating your reasoning for not including them. Just saying that even if it might be tempting to fall back on backstabbing or turtling, that's not all thrusting swords are about. happy

The spell selection (hopefully) is diverse, but not necessarily
    hindering for when it comes to invasions. It just requires a bit more
    creativity than WoG spamming, which hopefully is also more fun The "Alternative Weapon" Covenant - Proposals - Page 3 Icon_smile
    It will be interesting to come up with a spellbook based on the restrictions, in any case. In PVE it's always so easy to fall back on the ludicrously overpowered (against the AI) sorcery spells,and in PVP it seems Fireball and Combustion dominate when WoG isn't just constantly spammed.

XachAttack wrote:Dark Bead and Persuers are definent additions to the
    ban list, everyone and their dog's grandma uses them. Black Flame I'm
    not sure about, it's just like Great Combustion, so I'll leave that one
    to you.

Hard to get hit with sorcery you say? I rolled into White
    Dragon Breath >_>;;. I've never seen anything do that much damage
    to me..

Personally, I think greatswords should be allowed once
    the DLC hits, what with the nerf and all. They're unable to stunlock
    with their 2h r1's. Hallelujah!

P.S: My comment about the Dragon breath was just a funny story, not a "BAN THIS!" statement lol.

Dragon Breath deals ridiculously high amounts of damage, but man is it hard to aim properly sometimes. I tried using it against the Taurus Demons in the Demon Ruins, and it just went between heir legs without harming them most of the time. silly
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:59 pm

I apologize for double posting, but I have another question: why is Great Soul Arrow on the list but not regular Soul Arrow? Sure, it's useful in early PVE, but it's pretty much just a slow magical Throwing Knife in PVP. silly
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:23 pm

Hi Rarayn - I chose Great Soul Arrow because the covenant is PvP focused and out of all the basic Soul Arrow spells, Great Soul Arrow is the most useful; Heavy and Great Heavy Soul arrow are too slow and the regular Soul Arrow obviously does less damage, so Great Soul Arrow seemed like the obvious choice happy
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:37 pm

Ah, I see. That makes sense!

How's the lore you mentioned earlier coming along, by the way? Still interested in hearing what you have in mind with this covenant.
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:42 pm

I've been working on the Covenant stuff today actually. The initial lore is written (to start off the covenant), but it contains DLC spoilers. I've also never done anything like this before, so I'm not sure if it's good silly I've also finished the rankings and the ranking up procedures/invasion mechanics today as well happy

Oh, and I've chosen a name happy
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:57 pm

I'm assuming you'll be posting it when it's all done then? I haven't managed to get through the Artorias of the Abyss stuff yet*, but I don't particularly mind spoilers. Does your recent avatar change to Black Dragon Kalameet have anything to do with your plans for the covenant by any chance?

*The Sanctuary Guardian made me sad. silly
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:50 am

ChaosMoogle wrote:I've been working on the Covenant stuff today actually. The initial lore is written (to start off the covenant), but it contains DLC spoilers. I've also never done anything like this before, so I'm not sure if it's good silly I've also finished the rankings and the ranking up procedures/invasion mechanics today as well happy

:shock:
    You must share! twisted
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:33 am

i might be late to the party but i think the GC and LC should definately be banned, everyone that uses them(and theres a lot of them)just fishes for bs also, mail breaker and velkas should be allowed too since theyre so rare. and no greataxe? poo, lately i have been seeign more dga's than ga's.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:35 am

Mr. Tart wrote:
    ChaosMoogle wrote:I've been working on the Covenant stuff today actually. The initial lore is written (to start off the covenant), but it contains DLC spoilers. I've also never done anything like this before, so I'm not sure if it's good silly I've also finished the rankings and the ranking up procedures/invasion mechanics today as well happy

:shock:
    You must share! twisted

Yeah, I'm pretty curious too, tell us o_o. Teeeelllll usssssss!
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:49 am

Yeah I can give you the title happy If you guys really don't like it NOW IS THE TIME TO SAY! Seriously. Before I get my photoshop on silly

Spoiler:

Rant - not sure what you mean by GC/LC. I thought Great Combustion, but you can;t backstab with that silly Did you mean Great Scythe/Lifehunter Scythe?
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:56 am

Smexy stoff! silly
    Hah, seriously though, i like it. big grin
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:57 am

Great Club for GC I think
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:58 am

Yes, I like it too. Looking forward to hearing the reasoning behind it, especially since it seems to involve Black Dragon Kalameet in some way.

It's a bit funny that a covenant called the Obsidian Knights uses an image with an obsidian-coloured dragon holding a knight though. silly
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:59 am

Ahh, Gotcha. Great Club/Large Club!
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:01 am

Cool! Thanks guys happy All shall be revealed! And yes Rarayn, it does involve Kalameet silly I'm posting a final poll to clear up the contested weapons. If you want a weapon included, please vote happy
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:55 pm

Explains the reason behind your changing of image. silly
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:30 pm

I've been fooling around with Pyromancy, and I've come to realize that having Firewhip as the only available offensive spell is sort of boring. Combustion, Fireball and Firestorm spells are obviously out of the question, but what about Fire Surge? Seems like a fun spell to play around with, anyway.
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:40 pm

Howdy all. Apologies for the Radio Silence, but teh DLC cometh silly

Update: After having played the DLC now, I'm reworking the lore a little bit to fit in with some new ideas/interpretations that it introduced. I don't suppose it's completely necessary, but it would be nice to have some good lore/back story. Expect the covenant to be starting soon happy
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:02 pm

ChaosMoogle wrote:Howdy all. Apologies for the Radio Silence, but teh DLC cometh silly

Update: After having played the DLC now, I'm reworking the lore a little bit to fit in with some new ideas/interpretations that it introduced. I don't suppose it's completely necessary, but it would be nice to have some good lore/back story. Expect the covenant to be starting soon happy

It better be...

Or else... Point Forward
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:35 pm

First thread is up happy
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:52 pm

and the G. Halberd you don't see it often and it really is an awesome weapon
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:07 pm

gargoyle hal IS amazing, that thing hits just as hard has the reg hal on a quality build.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:08 pm

ChaosMoogle wrote:Yeah I can give you the title happy If you guys really don't like it NOW IS THE TIME TO SAY! Seriously. Before I get my photoshop on silly

Spoiler:

Rant - not sure what you mean by GC/LC. I thought Great Combustion, but you can;t backstab with that silly Did you mean Great Scythe/Lifehunter Scythe?

great club/large club.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:08 am