Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

King Allant Soul Level 1. Advice please

Mr.Faith

King Allant Soul Level 1. Advice please Empty King Allant Soul Level 1. Advice please

Post by Mr.Faith Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:11 pm

So i did the sl.1 challenge and i made it to Allant but omg he is just impossible.
    I got warding by using ring of magical nature and a +10 scmitar, +4 moon winged spear, a +3 dark buckler and light armor. But i cant get some good hits on him, i can only do 3 hit combo before i run out of stamina and then he hits me.
    Does anyone have a good tactic on beating him? Anything will be helpfull. Im down to my last 10 emphemrial eyes...
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

King Allant Soul Level 1. Advice please Empty Re: King Allant Soul Level 1. Advice please

Post by ublug Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:19 pm

Dodge him, no use trying to block his attacks at level 1. You could also try two-handing your scimitar and apply turpentine, or make a long sword or battle axe (+10 or dragon). If you need more ephemereal eye stones you can kill saint urbain and farm the respawning black phantom in the pit urbain was originally trapped in.

Keep allant at a medium distance. Dodge his ranged wind attacks by running or rolling to either side. When he charges up his aoe attack, run in for a heavy hit, then quickly retreat out of range. Roll through his long range rush attack. Dodge or avoid his combos. Deal chip damage after he's done attacking. He only has one surprise attack that should catch you off guard, a fast medium range rush without any telltale wind-up.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

King Allant Soul Level 1. Advice please Empty Re: King Allant Soul Level 1. Advice please

Post by callipygias Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:39 pm

I Gwyn'd him. All Ripostes. But on the other hand I had huge vitality so I could (and DID) take the occasional hit.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:29 pm

callipygias wrote:I Gwyn'd him. All Ripostes. But on the other hand I had huge vitality so I could (and DID) take the occasional hit.

Allant can be Parried ?!
    Mr.Faith

Post by Mr.Faith Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:17 pm

ublug wrote:Dodge him, no use trying to block his attacks at level 1. You could also try two-handing your scimitar and apply turpentine, or make a long sword or battle axe (+10 or dragon). If you need more ephemereal eye stones you can kill saint urbain and farm the respawning black phantom in the pit urbain was originally trapped in.

Keep allant at a medium distance. Dodge his ranged wind attacks by running or rolling to either side. When he charges up his aoe attack, run in for a heavy hit, then quickly retreat out of range. Roll through his long range rush attack. Dodge or avoid his combos. Deal chip damage after he's done attacking. He only has one surprise attack that should catch you off guard, a fast medium range rush without any telltale wind-up.

Very helpfull advice, thank you very much...

Problem is i only got 12 dex 9 str so if i use a wep with stats above this i need to go dragon or magic or the wep wont do any damage, but i figure with a spear i could still maintain a medium distance to him but it seemes using carefull tactics as you describe is the only way to go on sl1...

Thanks again, i will try it out:)
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:00 pm

Mr.Faith wrote:Problem is i only got 12 dex 9 str so if i use a wep with stats above this i need to go dragon or magic or the wep wont do any damage
    Two hand the weapon for a 50% str bonus, and you can wield weapons with a str requirement of 13. A longsword, for example, is fast, deals good damage (dragon), and won't consume too much of your stamina when attacking. But a +10 scimitar should be more than enough to kill him with, apply black turpentine when he's doing the aoe charge up for a bit more ar.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:17 am