Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Saxonberserker
Wintercatalyst
DoughGuy
CaligoIllioneus
Naxek
Mr. Tart
Marino.
Mr_Bungle50221
Rudmed
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
billy_bayonet
15 posters

solaire and chaos

Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

solaire and chaos  - Page 2 Empty Re: solaire and chaos

Post by Marino. Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:46 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Are we debating why the maggot affects Solaire or why he was even there in the first place?

Well i was wondering why he didnt turn Hollow when he failed to find his Sun . But it turns out he was just reeeally close to give up so that got cleaned up for me .

Mr. Tart wrote:I was referring to that monk headwrap taking control of you. Seeing as i haven't played DS i don't know whether it's considered a curse or something else, so i referred to it as a curse.

I think the Black Phantom was just out for the Old Monks Power and just Invaded him and stole his Power .
    You need the Archdemon's Soul which is the Old Monk's soul and thus have to kill him/her
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:47 pm

That makes no sense to me, but OKAY! big grin
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:50 pm

You need the Souls of the Archdemons to break the Seal in the Middle of the Nexus to get to the Old One to fight King Allant (the real one) and then either become a Archdemon yourself or a Monumental .

Hope that cleared things up twisted
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:51 pm

Right. Look Skyward
    Naxek
    Naxek
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Naxek Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:05 pm

It's a little hard to explain one plot point without explaining all. lol

As to why he's there, in my opinion it was just another place for him to try and he just happened to have an unfortunate run in with the Maggot. silly
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:08 pm

Naxek wrote:It's a little hard to explain one plot point without explaining all. lol

This .

I dare you : Try to answer a friend of yours this question
    "Whats Dark Souls about?"
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:13 pm

I'd probably answer such an question with ''Imagination''. :|
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:01 pm

I did once think abut this https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t2302-solaire-and-the-chaos-covenant
    I think we did some good theorising.
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mr_Bungle50221 Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:46 pm

I think him finding "My own personal sun" could be a metaphor for him finding Gwyn, since we believe Solaire to be the fallen God of War, his adventure in Lordran could simply be him finding Gwyn to commit deicide.
    Finding the Sunlight Maggot just seems to drive him mad when he puts it on, I'm pretty sure it says somewhere that the maggot causes insanity when you wear it, the player is just obviously immune to it like they are immune to going crazy everytime they die (which is ALOT).

As for why he was in Izalith, he needs all the Lord Souls to get to Gwyn.
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:01 am

I doubt "his Sun" is Gwyn.... check that dialogue bit I posted earlier, why would he think Gwyn is in the Tomb of the Gravelord/Lost Izalith?
    Naxek
    Naxek
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Naxek Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:23 am

Perhaps because he doesn't know where Gwyn is. If he is the fallen God of War it can be assumed he lost his memory of deific status along with his powers, if he's just a regular guy, then we know he's from Astora and not Lordran, so wouldn't know where things are meant to be.

Note: I'm not saying he's looking for Gwyn. Just that I think him being in Lost Izalith is just a matter of him searching everywhere, not some conspiracy.
    Wintercatalyst
    Wintercatalyst

Post by Wintercatalyst Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:51 am

He could've had a revelation. After helping you with Smough and Ornstein, he could've said to himself "why don't I follow in the footsteps of gwyn?" so, he went to Lost Izalith as gwyn did, but it is up to you if he survives, then his final search is Kiln of the first flame, but with no luck. As for sunlight maggots causing insanity, you'll notice a red-eyed one, as the rest are not, maybe that one has some higher abundance of chaos
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:04 am

My reasoning for this is, He helps you kill the centipede demon then he eitha sits at the bonfire and goes hollow, or he heads to izalith through the chaos shortcut.......Also he wears the orange charred ring check the discription.......could that be him?
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mr_Bungle50221 Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:01 pm

CaligoIllioneus wrote:I doubt "his Sun" is Gwyn.... check that dialogue bit I posted earlier, why would he think Gwyn is in the Tomb of the Gravelord/Lost Izalith?

Because he needs the Lord Souls for the Lordvessel..... him being summonable in Gwyns fight shows that in his world, he is the chosen undead. He cant put his summonstone down in the Kiln without satiating the Lordvessel.

Gwyn=Lord of Sulight.

"I have come to find my very own sun"
    "the sun is a wondrous body, like a magnificent father!"
    "If only I could be so grossly incandescent"
    Incandescent means to emit light as a result of being heated.
    Solaire links the fire in his world, setting yourself on fire with the first flame seems pretty incandescent to me.
    Saxonberserker
    Saxonberserker
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Saxonberserker Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:23 am

Bungle pretty much sums up what I've always thought. His name is Solaire is made up of Sol the Spanish for sun and I think it's very like the word for sunlight and aire part of his name I think denotes follower or member. He's also from the past buy his 12th century armour and arms. The starting knight gear and elite knight are much later styled 15th century. This would explain him being one step ahead all the time, like having killed the centipede demon and taken the OC ring so he can help in the fight. There is also the way the game gives up multiple realities like with luatric as when you invade his world it is dark so he would have to of killed SandO but you find his armour after defeating them your self so in another reality he failed. I never thought that he was The fallen god of war as its as easy to put a case that he is some manifestation of Gwyn. Searching for Sun/Son and wants to be the sun/lord of sunlight. I think he is collecting The Lord souls like the player is and does go to dukes and tomb you just don't meet him. But if your reality does not intersect his in izerith he fails in getting to Gwyn and completing his quest.
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mr_Bungle50221 Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:38 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:My reasoning for this is, He helps you kill the centipede demon then he eitha sits at the bonfire and goes hollow, or he heads to izalith through the chaos shortcut.......Also he wears the orange charred ring check the discription.......could that be him?

Maybe in some weird time loop way it could be, Solaire drops the ring after he helps you fight the centipede demon so you can get through the lava, thus spawning the centipede demon in the first place (time is messd up in Lordran) jolly co operation at its finest.
    He then is stuck at the Izalith bonfire unable to go through the lava and goes Hollow, except if you open the shortcut he can get through fine (no lava) and continues his adventure.

This game really likes to play on Einstein's theory that everything that has happened and will happen has already happened. The past has already happened and so has the future, its all just a manner of perspective.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:46 pm

Mr_Bungle50221 wrote:
    billy_bayonet wrote:My reasoning for this is, He helps you kill the centipede demon then he eitha sits at the bonfire and goes hollow, or he heads to izalith through the chaos shortcut.......Also he wears the orange charred ring check the discription.......could that be him?

Maybe in some weird time loop way it could be, Solaire drops the ring after he helps you fight the centipede demon so you can get through the lava, thus spawning the centipede demon in the first place (time is messd up in Lordran) jolly co operation at its finest.
    He then is stuck at the Izalith bonfire unable to go through the lava and goes Hollow, except if you open the shortcut he can get through fine (no lava) and continues his adventure.

This game really likes to play on Einstein's theory that everything that has happened and will happen has already happened. The past has already happened and so has the future, its all just a manner of perspective.

The ring was dropped by Ceaseless, I'm pretty sure that was confirmed by From. I also think that looking at the time periods of armor and weapons is too radical to use as evidence.
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Mr_Bungle50221
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mr_Bungle50221 Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:22 pm

Shkar wrote:
    Mr_Bungle50221 wrote:

The ring was dropped by Ceaseless, I'm pretty sure that was confirmed by From. I also think that looking at the time periods of armor and weapons is too radical to use as evidence.

All from confirmed is that Ceaseless is the brother, this coming from the company who had a lot more plans and things going on in the game before it was released, I think alot of From confirming/commenting on lore specifics is them covering their arses from all the huge plot holes in this game. For instance Andre was meant to be the fallen God of War, but now he is just a blacksmith. Ceaseless was probobly meant to be the Brother of Chaos, but now he is a just a random boss. We are debating about the actual game we can play, not whatever ideas From had in production. Seriously go on youtube and look up the missing dialogue from all the characters, From cut like half the game.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:28 pm

FROM confirmed that ceaseless is the brother. That makes it fact now, no matter what was cut from the game. SO ceaseless did drop the ring. Whether or not FROM confirmed it or not however, it makes sense.
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:02 am

im more just amused that Soilare killed O&S and received the lord vessel lol then (if u saved him) preceded to off Seath, the 4 kings, Nito, AND the bed of chaos; since his summon sign is in the kiln lol, yet we know YOU are the one who kills Gwyn so Solaire doesnt.......just always amused me
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:50 pm

I get the feeling that, lorewise, the summoning signs aren't one way.They appear in your world as a phantom and you appear in theirs. It seems to fill in the blanks.
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:13 pm

If soilare didn't put it there then how'd it get there?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:22 pm

XuitusTheGreat wrote:im more just amused that Soilare killed O&S and received the lord vessel lol then (if u saved him) preceded to off Seath, the 4 kings, Nito, AND the bed of chaos; since his summon sign is in the kiln lol, yet we know YOU are the one who kills Gwyn so Solaire doesnt.......just always amused me
    Except he links with the fire in his world once Gwyn is killed (confirmed by director)
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:46 pm

DoughGuy wrote:
    XuitusTheGreat wrote:im more just amused that Soilare killed O&S and received the lord vessel lol then (if u saved him) preceded to off Seath, the 4 kings, Nito, AND the bed of chaos; since his summon sign is in the kiln lol, yet we know YOU are the one who kills Gwyn so Solaire doesnt.......just always amused me
    Except he links with the fire in his world once Gwyn is killed (confirmed by director)

Precisely my point. We know that you killing a boss in your world allows an NPC to progress, but we also don't know what motivates an NPC to help you for free. If Solaire was one fight away from his lifelong dream, do you really think he would stop and help someone, when he has no way to know that there are others there to kill Gwyn? But, it all makes sense when you consider that you might appear in THEIR world to help THEM kill the boss. As in, summoning someone doesn't yank them from their world so much as it "merges" the two worlds for a short while.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:08 am

Thats what I've always assumed happened with NPCs. How it works with players is odd though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:17 pm