Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Dark Souls world lore conjecture

voidwater

Dark Souls world lore conjecture Empty Dark Souls world lore conjecture

Post by voidwater Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:01 am

A few lore points that I've come to believe, regarding the relationship between the Dark Souls world, the Demon's Souls world, and the real world:

- The world of Dark Souls in the ancient past, a lifeless land of fog, giant trees, etc. (feels like the lore equivalent of "heat death"), is the dead shell of a world that was consumed by the Old One.

- At some point, the dead world is reborn through the First Flame. A force from another plane of existence, From Software, gives new life to the world by creating a spiritual successor, and changes the metaphysics of the world.

- The Darksign is a special power of the Dark Soul (powers related to Humanity) that allows a branded Hollow, which normally loses its mind (when it loses its souls), to be controlled by the players; it's the distinction between NPC and PC. The Hollow channels the human soul from a higher world.
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Dark Souls world lore conjecture Empty Re: Dark Souls world lore conjecture

Post by Deathsitexxi Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:52 pm

voidwater wrote:A few lore points that I've come to believe, regarding the relationship between the Dark Souls world, the Demon's Souls world, and the real world:

- The world of Dark Souls in the ancient past, a lifeless land of fog, giant trees, etc. (feels like the lore equivalent of "heat death"), is the dead shell of a world that was consumed by the Old One.

- At some point, the dead world is reborn through the First Flame. A force from another plane of existence, From Software, gives new life to the world by creating a spiritual successor, and changes the metaphysics of the world.

- The Darksign is a special power of the Dark Soul (powers related to Humanity) that allows a branded Hollow, which normally loses its mind (when it loses its souls), to be controlled by the players; it's the distinction between NPC and PC. The Hollow channels the human soul from a higher world.

I’m not sure if you read my thread here… https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t12710-dark-souls-analysis-with-update-1
    but I have some pretty heavy speculation
    on my ideas of Dark Souls Lore. I’ll be posting a 2nd update here
    soon but let me know what you think!!!!
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:47 pm

Sorry, but its been confirmed that there is absolutely no lore connection between the games.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:15 pm