Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+98
PyroElleh
Lich180
Forum Pirate
BloodMoon96
elfmirfkin
sure-magicians
culpahble
Khashir
Lanaya
Bugsby Bearkeley
Bassman Bob
CrimeSlunkScene
Xanthous_King
Lutallo
SageOfToads123
HREParabola
xenon_nobelium
SebaSturm
magyaronny
correojon
Animastryfe
Knarf23
MegaBoosher
Djem
HereticForLife
MultiracialLion
tofucactaur
bluemangnum
Lucien Lachance
Strogg
evandmcgrath95
The_Red_Drifter
vexthorne
DaFarmerProject
DigitaLinsanitY
janslag
Tyjaka925
Waterfine
Mohrpheus
MeChaNiZ3D
O1va_
Skeith.The.Conquerer
Solaire_of_Astora
CrackSouls
Acarnatia
GrinTwist
swordiris
Sasaki
Tarkkus
Demon Slayer
Spearmarshal
Tanklord
Hugh_G_Johnson
Robbi96
Naxek
Emergence
cyberoptics
jaywhy07
Clonedpickle
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
pax123
SpecialNewb
Lordvega
VMatrixX
User1
notfalstaff
misterbmx
BagerX2
Sentiel
befowler
Jansports
Hydreigon11
Rifter7
Reaperfan
Thundergrip
nhbdy
Sir-flicker
omegaweapon
LionheartRichard
Fotitudo
Remembrance
Steel Dragon74
WandererReece
BigTuktuk
felclef
Eisen
reim0027
Kuskah
Nybbles
RANT
vatar5
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
zivbu9
BindMind
Lord of Ash
TehInfamousAmos
Knight Alundil
tinypantha
102 posters

The Build Doctor

Lutallo
    Lutallo

The Build Doctor - Page 11 Empty Re: The Build Doctor

Post by Lutallo Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:35 am

Hey guys, i've made this build for a bit of PvP. I've been trying to get the absolute maximum poise/weight that I can. Can anyone come up with any more combos that would make this build have more poise/defence and still light roll?
    btw, I joined less than a week ago so apparently I can't send links. It's on mugenmonkey and the end of the link is: /darksouls/?c=308549164183461819. So shove that after the dot com and it should be sweet.
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:41 am

http://mmdks.com/3lf5 here's my 76poise loadout for 16str/40dex/40end builds
    Lutallo
    Lutallo

Post by Lutallo Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:50 am

Thanks!! Bang on 25.00% and even more poise. I'll sub in DWGR for Wolf's though.
    Xanthous_King
    Xanthous_King

Post by Xanthous_King Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:27 pm

Been thinking of trying a melee cleric build for Darkmoon Covenant. Any help is much obliged.

SL: 75 (is this an ok lvl?)

Any other aspects are negotiable. I chose Uchigatana just because I like katanas.

Link: mmdks.com/3ljc
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:44 pm

http://mmdks.com/3lkg 'ere's me dex/fth: i suggest lvl100, there is no established lvl75 scene...also as a darkmoon you invade down, no reason not to level higher...but i also suggest becoming a darkwraith, with my build you have the firepower(dps while buffed) to kill any opponent (btw, you can't buff a elementary weapon so your build is kinda nonsensical to begin with). also forget the hornet ring... you'll get countered for fishing by seasoned players and instagibbing noobs is (at that state of the game unlikely and also) no fun. wolf and fap is the B&B if you want more dmg boost run with red tearstone or leo ring (with a corresponding weapon (partizan f.e.))
    Xanthous_King
    Xanthous_King

Post by Xanthous_King Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:15 pm

xenon_nobelium wrote:mmdks.com/3lkg 'ere's me dex/fth: i suggest lvl100, there is no established lvl75 scene...also as a darkmoon you invade down, no reason not to level higher...but i also suggest becoming a darkwraith, with my build you have the firepower(dps while buffed) to kill any opponent (btw, you can't buff a elementary weapon so your build is kinda nonsensical to begin with). also forget the hornet ring... you'll get countered for fishing by seasoned players and instagibbing noobs is (at that state of the game unlikely and also) no fun. wolf and fap is the B&B if you want more dmg boost run with red tearstone or leo ring (with a corresponding weapon (partizan f.e.))
     Thanks! I'm new. Started playing like 2 weeks ago so I have no idea what I'm doing laughing
    CrimeSlunkScene

Post by CrimeSlunkScene Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:48 am

Desired Soul Level: between 75 and 95 (in order to maximize the Gravelord Covenant efficiency)

Str or Dex: Dex

Favor Dmg, Vit, or End: Main issue : upgrading Dex for DMG or use elemental weapons to be able to max. VIT

How you will use the build: To play the perfect sneaky host

Other info you find useful: fast roll needed, of course. No Havel ring, just F.a.V. The other slot can be used for many things (Leo, Hornet, Dark Wood, ...)

Faith/Int? Just 15 INT to get all the "gadget" spells (like chameleon)

Hello there ! I want to give a second chance to the gravelord covenant (which were unplayable at SL120 on Xbox), and I want to use stealth and odd tactics to trap the invaders.

I think that the choice I will have to make is between this :
    - /// Well I planned to post a mugen monkey link, but I am new in this forum so I don't get this right \\\ I had a rapier and a barbed sword in the right hand, and a target shield and the oolacile ivory catalyst in the off-hand (as an example)

- and something without Dexterity upgrading, those points going in Vitality instead.

What do you think about these things ? happy
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:50 am

i think you have 3 weapon choices:
    queelags sword: hits absurdly hard for its low stat req. would let you execute your concept @ really low lvls (30-40) http://mmdks.com/3qx8
    gravelord sword: also good dmg for the low stat investment, fits the gravelord theme obviously http://mmdks.com/3qx9
    obsidian sword: since you want to have 15int you might as well get yourself a buffable weapon; again, awesome dmg for really low stat req. http://mmdks.com/3qxc
    theese are the weapons that would really let you optimize your dmg output at low levels.

http://mmdks.com/3qxd this would come closest to your described loadout and would also be really good, would let you have wide variety of weapons, all buffable...maybe the most desireable build
    CrimeSlunkScene

Post by CrimeSlunkScene Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:21 am

Hello xenon. Thank you for your explanation about those 3 weapons, but if I understand correctly the system of the Gravelord, only NG+ players can be cursed "entirely" (only them can see the dark sign on the ground to invade the gravelord servant), so a SL 35-45 would be a bad choice for me I think. Or I may be wrong about this Gravelord covenant rule ?

For your mugen build link, I think that's a great build, but I have worries about the Wolf RIng : the aura it creates when wore (worn ? English is not my native language, sorry :s ) could be an issue if I will try to sneak. In addition to that, the purpose of this build was to be dependant of one ring, the FAV ring, but I don't know if being dependant of two rings sounds great.
    For instance, what do you think about this one (remove the space) ? SL 90.
    http ://mmdks.com/3qyc

And whatever it be (not sure of this sentence lol, my apologies), Thank you for this long and -more important- well established answer from you.
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:12 am

Just how viable is this?
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:20 pm

@crimeslunkscene: if you are good at toggle escaping you can make such a low poise char work, especially with your fast weapon selection. also you're entirely right about only being able to curse ng+ players, something i didn't have in mind. also the problem with a sneaky gravelord is that the invasion sign will be where you are standing, so even if you have found a hinding spot and are cloaked with chamelion f.e. the invading player will know your location.

maybe re-evaluate the concept then, a lvl100 standard int splash dex char variant cound be exactly what you're looking for, f.e.:
    http://mmdks.com/3r06 buff/poise focus
    http://mmdks.com/3r05 leo ring abuse

with 45dex and 16int you can even build a powerful mini-mage: http://mmdks.com/3r0c

@bassman bob 225/225 dmg split on that uchi is really bad and results in 200dmg MAX per hit...with split dmg weapons you'll want one category to be at least as high as 300 or really close.
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:02 pm

How's this? 285/285 + leo ring boost for physical, I'm pretty adaptable in terms of movesets. And poise is parctically just a safety net for me.
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:46 am

ok..
    1.even if you're really good at toggle escaping you'll want at least some poise. i know of no (good) player that goes out pvping with 0 poise. the magic number seems to be 36poise, everything below that is impractical to toggle, everything above is slow enough to toggle->parry/backstab.
    2.to get the leo counterhits reliably you either need a quick (thrusting) weapon and/or high poise. the whole concept is to trade hits with heavy weapons and outdmg them or turtle behind your shield/outside their range and get counterhits this way. also it only works on the phys. dmg so it will wield really unimpressive results with those elemental weapons, havels or wolf ring would be the better choices here.

sorry to shoot down your ideas so harshly, i want to save you the trouble of grinding up the char only to find out your concept was flawed and doesn't really work...trust me i know that feel =(
    CrimeSlunkScene

Post by CrimeSlunkScene Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:46 pm

Damn me, I did not even thought about the sign on the ground, or even the dark aura on my character -_-" Thank you for your advices Xenon.

Also, I tried all the day the gravelord covenant of my 125 Dex character, and guess what. Not a single invasion from a spirit of vengeance, in every single place I tried :/
    Do you think that the result would be better at sl 70 ~ 100 ? I think that cursed players ignore the sign, or even reload their game (if they're not using a save editor to avoid all the PvE content though...).

But on a positive side, the three builds you posted are just great. I'm a bit sad about the "impossible wedding" between stealth and the gravelord covenant, but those mugen links are cheering me up :)Thank you !
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:19 am

gravelording only really works as another means to get pvp matches in from my experience. already crowded areas, burg and moonlight bonfire come in mind. thx for your kind words regarding my builds^^
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:46 am

Better?
    Has 36 poise. 299 phys. gmw buff. Dark bead to take out gankers.
    Bugsby Bearkeley

Post by Bugsby Bearkeley Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:43 pm

I've been fooling around with Indiana Jones builds. Can't change the clothes or the weapons, but I'm wondering whether going up to 40 dex is the best idea, as opposed to putting, say, 10 of that in vit or end.

This is for invading in Sen's, so I'm guessing sl 40 is pretty much as high as I should go.

mmdks.com/3sqt

With 30 dex and 21 end, I can use the fap ring instead of Havel's. Is that worth it?
    Lanaya

Post by Lanaya Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:46 am

Hello new player here,

i'm playing a cleric with a heavy focus on faith. At the beginning i just played the game blind but when i had to fight the bosses of Anor Londo i looked up tips and discovered this wiki/community. 

I read a lot recently so i have a few general questions and questions regarding my build. First my intentions with this character is to ofc beat the game and also start a NG+ playthrough and be able to beat it at some point. After reading a lot in the wiki and the forums i think i also want to be able to participate in PvP a little without being cannon fodder. The convenants i want to try at some point are Way of White (check), princess guard (check), Darkmoon (in NG+), Warrior of Sunlight. Weapons i use or planning to are Balder Side Sword, Heavy Crossbow, Composite Bow and Claymore.

My Current Build at lvl 64 is:

Vit: 22
    Att: 16
    End: 30
    Str: 14
    Dex: 14
    Res: 12 (yeah i punt one point in it at the beginning before reading in the wiki :/
    Int: 8
    Fai: 30

Im wondering what my final build should look like and what level it should be to find a good amount of players to coop/pvp with. I guess it should be 100 or 120? 
    - Are there other cool weapons who are fun in PvE/PvP and don't require to much stat investment?
    - Is it required to optimize your armor for PvP or can u just go with cool looking stuff upgrade it and still have a chance?
    - I also read that you should go for at least 40 vitality because after that you get diminishing returns. But when trying out the character builder i see a smaller increase till 20 or so than a really big increase till 30 and smaller increase again till 40 and even after fourty it stays roughly the same. I guess the intention for your health pool is to withstand OHKOs, so do you really need 40 or are 30 sufficient?
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:48 am

@lanaya:
    30vit with ring of favor and protection gives you 1300+hp, so does 40vit without any hp booster. this hp value lets you survive almost any backstab; i aim at 1500hp when making builds but am not sad when i am 100hp short in the end. as for armor choices, the restricting factor is the poise breakpoints. you'll want to have at least 36, better yet 56 or 61, best 76. all while maintaining fast rolling, this is considered a must by almost all PvPers.
    now to your build: really good fundament layed; no matter what STOP leveling att and fth right now! end also should be sufficient for now. imo you have 2 choices (lvl100):
    -specialized obsidian buff build: http://mmdks.com/3tit
    -dex/fth: http://mmdks.com/3tir
    obsidian sword build is just supersolid, high stamina and hp, good-high dmg (with buff active). i'd recommend this one. the downside is that if you want weapon variety they'll have to be elemental. dex/fth as the alternative, the only downside is the low hp, great weapon variety the upside...
    i equipped them both with greatsword style weapons since you mentioned the claymore. a buffed claymore build is lvl120 material you want 27str/40dex for that -> http://mmdks.com/3tiu

p.s.: on a general note, stay away from the darkmoons, they're jerks! ^^ seriously, darkmoon blade is too powerful and invading down on lower lvl'd sinners is plain unfair.
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:22 am

Pyrokumo.
    91 poise because i can.
    552 physical + whatever i can get from the gold pine resin.
    Greatshield for general pvp.
    Dark hand for parrying.
    Pyromancies because i can.
    Midrolls are not a problem for me, 60% of my pvp kills have been on a midroll build.

Viable enough for ya? big grin
    Lanaya

Post by Lanaya Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:11 pm

@xenon_nobelium thank you for your tips. I didnt even know a thing as poise exist until now ^^. Sounds very useful.
    Khashir

The Build Doctor - Page 11 Empty PvP Sorc Help?

Post by Khashir Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:42 am

Desired Soul Level: 125
    Favor Dmg, Vit, or End: All three? (See link below)
    How you will use the build: PvP (spells + roll & poke)
    Other info you find useful: I know spells are considered crappy in PvP, but I'm willing to put in the effort (and endure the losses) of playing with a catalyst in one hand and weapon in the other. As long as I stand a (reasonable) non-zero chance of winning (as I saw a few vids, including battle of stoicism), I'll enjoy this more than min-maxing some cookie-cutter build. I'm giving up Moonlight GS for more defense/poise (i.e., by wielding lighter weapons), and have Lightning Shotel vs. turtling Great Magic Barriers and such (but main weapon is meant to be CMW Ricard +15).
    Faith/Int? Int

Link: mmdks.com/3v7x (apologies for breaking up the link, but apparently have to wait 7 days to post a link... *sigh*).

Two questions: is it worth trading out the Hollow Soldier Waistcloth for the Black Sorcerer Boots (as I do above), giving up 7 poise and some phys defense for elemental def (plus better looks 8))?

Second, would a 31 Vit SL125 build be viable? I was looking at 45 Dex spellcasting and the speed gain looks very interesting; but I don't know what to give up for a 45 Dex, 44 Int build (if it's even viable).

Bonus: Are Dark Orb and Black Flame considered bad/cheap? (I know Beads and Pursuers are)

Thanks in advance for any help, as I've been knocking my head against the wall (agonizing whether I'm working towards an unplayable build, etc.)
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:11 am

http://mmdks.com/3v90 here you go. something you cound think about is a 40int velkas rapier build. too lazy to write much atm sry.
    culpahble
    culpahble

Post by culpahble Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:52 pm

Desired Soul Level: 120
    Favor Dmg, Vit, or End: Damage 
    How you will use the build: I want a fast roll CMW dex build with some damage spells (No dark magic please)
    Other info you find useful: At least 47 poise, and if it's possible nice looking armor silly I want velka's rapier off weapong for when not buffed and a good weapon to buff
    Faith/Int? Int
    Khashir

Post by Khashir Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:33 am

@Xe_No: Much appreciated, no worries =) (it's out of the goodness of your heart, after all)

Should you have any other ideas, do share!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:00 am