Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Maneater_Mildred
Whknight
6 posters

MARTIAL ARTS! Nothing about Target here!

Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

MARTIAL ARTS! Nothing about Target here! Empty MARTIAL ARTS! Nothing about Target here!

Post by Whknight Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:58 am

Ok so I'm highjacking my own thread for something more interesting, Martial Arts! Who wants some!

I have no formal training but I've done my own research and practiced a few basic techniques, not enough to fight off a gang attack or anything but if a single person tried to rob me I could probably knock them out. Oh and having a stupidly fast reaction time when I focus helps too...

Last edited by Whknight on Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

MARTIAL ARTS! Nothing about Target here! Empty Re: MARTIAL ARTS! Nothing about Target here!

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:20 am

Im glad that i only use cash. Dont even own a credit card or atm card.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

MARTIAL ARTS! Nothing about Target here! Empty Re: MARTIAL ARTS! Nothing about Target here!

Post by Serious_Much Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:37 pm

Maneater_Mildred wrote:Im glad that i only use cash. Dont even own a credit card or atm card.

how could you possibly live like that? :shock:

when you do a massive food shop you have to carry round a load of cash or something?

but this is really not that shocking to me, though id say it's pretty obvious that they aint using the information to help people.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:06 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    Maneater_Mildred wrote:Im glad that i only use cash. Dont even own a credit card or atm card.

when you do a massive food shop you have to carry round a load of cash or something?

but this is really not that shocking to me, though id say it's pretty obvious that they aint using the information to help people.

By having a husband who gives me CASH.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:13 pm

LOL^
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:14 pm

Maneater_Mildred wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:

By having a husband who gives me CASH.

not what i meant.. i feel awkward carrying round anything more than like £30-40 just in case i get robbed or something :| (not like i even live in a bad area or a city centre)
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:47 pm

15 years of kick boxing & 20 of kendo = i hope someone tries to rob me.

I would feel very sorry for anyone that tried to break into my house. We both have katanas by our bed, 1 over the fireplace and 2 broadswords on the wall and then theres all the martial arts training we have both done. Me, see above, hubby does akido and has his sas training also.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:59 pm

you are now the most awesome person ever. 13 years of jujitsu here though so i understand the confidence.
    Domhnall
    Domhnall
    Regular
    Regular

Location : Crosslegged in the Sewers, Occasionally Under a Bridge

Post by Domhnall Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:07 pm

Jeez, you guys would come at him like the Ninja Turtles!
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:you are now the most awesome person ever. 13 years of jujitsu here though so i understand the confidence.
    Proper Bow
    Always wanted to try jujitsu, but not enuff hours in the day.

Sorry about the hijack OP, it was all the others fault honest.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:34 pm

Domhnall wrote:Jeez, you guys would come at him like the Ninja Turtles!
    lol.
    Maneater_Mildred wrote:Always wanted to try jujitsu, but not enuff hours in the day.
    i wrestled to so it was a natural fit. back on topic though i try to avoid buying things with cards because its harder for me to keep track of my money. i'll have to try harder to avoid the plastic now, its not suprising they do that but i wont make it easy for them either.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:45 pm

Meh I don't really care, mods may however ._.; Personally I think this is a much more interesting topic... wonder if I can change some things...

Fixed it >.>; now everything should be fine, carry on.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:53 pm

Lmfao Proper Bow
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:03 pm

Whknight wrote:Ok so I'm highjacking my own thread for something more interesting, Martial Arts! Who wants some!

I have no formal training but I've done my own research and practiced a few basic techniques, not enough to fight off a gang attack or anything but if a single person tried to rob me I could probably knock them out. Oh and having a stupidly fast reaction time when I focus helps too...
    formal training is the way to go. self taught is possible for sure but its tough to know wether or not a move works without full-speed practice. also regular sparring with experienced partners is invaluable and formal training provides it

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 am