Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+33
XachAttack
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
fearandwhiskey
ChizFreak
Automancer
Emergence
cloudyeki
Soris Ice Goldwing
T-King-667
WyrmHero
BLA1NE
DoughGuy
skarekrow13
Carphil
steveswede
Seignar
Baal-Avatar
BackwardsBaboon
RANT
Phoenix Rising
reim0027
StarScarJenova
CaligoIllioneus
Noob-of-Artorias
Jester's Tears
User
FruitPunchNinja
dianaduh
Darksomething56
The Letter X
russiannightmare
Krasouski
AquaZeroX26
37 posters

DARK SOULS 2 - Announced! Complete info, first trailer, custom wallpaper

dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

DARK SOULS 2 - Announced! Complete info, first trailer, custom wallpaper - Page 2 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - Announced! Complete info, first trailer, custom wallpaper

Post by dianaduh Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:14 am

this can't be next gen
    i don't want any ps4 and i usually buy new consoles 3 years after the release :c
    BackwardsBaboon
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

DARK SOULS 2 - Announced! Complete info, first trailer, custom wallpaper - Page 2 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - Announced! Complete info, first trailer, custom wallpaper

Post by BackwardsBaboon Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:15 am

dianaduh wrote:I just came back to the forums to say that these guys are killing me
    I can't believe it's another Dark Souls
    I didn't even have the chance to play the dlc omg I'm so gonna die ;_;

I've also recently returned to DkS, and am barely into the DLC (beat Sanctuary Guardian, got summoned to fight artorias once & was vanquished) & now I'm seeing this **** about DARK SOULS 2 OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Really excited now!
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:18 am

http://kotaku.com/5966786/here-is-dark-souls-iis-debut-trailer
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:20 am

With excitement, I feel a sense of fear that the game may be rushed. I wish to see gameplay first.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:21 am

While this news has been the best early Christmas present ever, I'm a bit pissed it's a sequel. I personally want a new story with each installment. Not only that the game mechanics can get reviewed and tweaked that would otherwise be impossible with an established combat system. Well who knows this could be a whole rewrite of the combat system but even so there will be things that will have to stay the same for the sake of cannon.

I bet the woman in the trailer is Velka. The crow is the symbol of Velka and with her giving a feather to the knight, I bet she has a whole list of gods to hunt down. I can see this being a prequel with the hunting down of Gwynevere and Flame god Flann.

Last edited by steveswede on Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:26 am

BaalDS wrote:http://kotaku.com/5966786/here-is-dark-souls-iis-debut-trailer

Thanks!

hmmm, wish they waited more time to release this trailer...

and the woman looks like Anastacia
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:27 am

Looks like my timetable on finishing Skyrim and my ps+ catalog just got shorter
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:28 am

That's good to hear, Skare.

Mind if you have a Coop partner at the start, instead of solo?
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:28 am

DARK SOULS 2 - Announced! Complete info, first trailer, custom wallpaper - Page 2 1330857165Please FROM...don't mess this up...DARK SOULS 2 - Announced! Complete info, first trailer, custom wallpaper - Page 2 1330857165
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:29 am

I'm guessing end of Nov/Dec 2013, earliest. We got a while to wait.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:29 am

The trailer had no mention of FROM, didn't match their artstyle nor the first DkS trailer and was taken off youtube. Colour me skeptical.
    EDIT: We've been discussing this in skype. Get down here Eki!
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:31 am

OMFG I AM SO EXCITED!!

(I just hope there won't be any form of easy mode to taint my excitement after all... Something about it just looked more mainstream, so it made me think easy. But still... DARK SOULS II cheers )

Last edited by BLA1NE on Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:32 am

It is odd there is no mention of FromSoft at the end. The next few weeks is going to drive me crazy....
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:33 am

steveswede wrote:While this news has been the best early Christmas present ever, I'm a bit pissed it's a sequel. I personally want a new story with each installment. Not only that the game mechanics can get reviewed and tweaked that would otherwise be impossible with an established combat system. Well who knows this could be a whole rewrite of the combat system but even so there will be things that will have to stay the same for the sake of cannon.

I bet the woman in the trailer is Velka. The crow is the symbol of Velka and with her giving a feather to the knight, I bet she has a whole list of gods to hunt down. I can see this being a prequel with the hunting down of Gwynevere and Flame god Flann.

Yesssss that's motherf*cking Velka!!!!! On my god I'm gonna cry!!!!! The Painted World and the porcelain masks!!!!! Ciarans' babys!!!!! And the dragon has one eye in its forehead! Kalameet!!!!!
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:33 am

It seemed more dramatic idk
    It's not as adventurous as dark souls trailer
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:34 am

Don't ask me what anyone would gain by faking this (probably just generating views) but it looks a lot more fake than real to me atm. FROM's website is also impossible to navigate so I havent found anything on there. Ifind that even more sus.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:34 am

You feel it too, Duh?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:35 am

If my internet was anywhere near reliable I'd co-op the hell out of the Souls games. And actually my timetable has to open up for the new grand theft auto too actually
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:35 am

Okay, Skare.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:36 am

DoughGuy wrote:The trailer had no mention of FROM, didn't match their artstyle nor the first DkS trailer and was taken off youtube. Colour me skeptical.
    EDIT: We've been discussing this in skype. Get down here Eki!
    Dark souls is Froms greatest success, dont count on them selling off their franchise. I just found it odd that they talked alot more in this trailer than what they useually do in trailers for the first dark souls. I hope this game wont be the traditional rpg where they spoonfeed you the story. Like others have said, i hope they take their time and dont rush it hopefully they will return to dedicated servers aswell? Id like to be summoned by friends again in the matter of seconds not 20-30 mins. That may not be the case now but when dks first came out and the servers were packed it took a long time before your signs would be visable to one another.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:37 am

Where did I talk about selling off the franchise?
    Also nothing on NAMCOs fb page about this. Hell they mentioned OTHER games being released during the same show, nothing about DkS II.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:38 am

well hopefully atlus is publishing this one.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:38 am

DoughGuy wrote:The trailer had no mention of FROM, didn't match their artstyle nor the first DkS trailer and was taken off youtube. Colour me skeptical.

Hmm...Good point, now that I think about it Dark Souls has been out a year with one DLC expansion and not much else whereas other series (Elder Scolls) had their games years apart with a lot of development time. I really don't think FROM would release a trailer that fast, unless they have two divisions: one for Dark Souls, and one for the second. I'll do some research.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:38 am

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t15379p15-dark-souls-ii-video-trailer#302075

I don't feel like repeating myself, but let's back off and look at this objectively before piss ourselves in excitement.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:41 am

I think that's why this is the debut/reveal trailer. They're not showing off anything besides the fact there is a second Dark Souls in development. That's more than enough for me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:27 am