Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+149
Ahhotep1
SlothAlmighty
skarekrow13
Shakie666
Phenetylaminos
HereticForLife
Wilkinson3424
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
diddle
Fayt
GravelordZealot
SATLOS
Mireneye
PhlyingDutchman
jaythibodeau
ChizFreak
Emergence
Sentiel
steveswede
Serafiem
SadPanda
Thuggernaut
StiffNipples
FreeSergey
GenericUsername
DxV04
phastings
DyingAce
chaos4ever181
Buttcheekofdeth
Halicarnassis
vixder/pennywise
bloodpixel
Dessembrae
MrDynogames
morte
Dibsville
ser-john
vegan666
User1
xtal84
garrettegge
Jester's Tears
Z3nMast3r
Rayko
ollebsson
jimmyc0341
Ashran
dragonbeast6
RedderAI
The Once-Ler
Gyonimizotetsu
Slarg232
Acarnatia
Oh_the_Humanity
Shkar
Derpwraith
amaro57
ublug
MrMan
Agent Talon
CaptanSpudsy
Forum Pirate
Sargerus
dormancy
reim0027
ExecutionerTri
MasterofShadows
ComaPrison
ak1287
X-government-agent
bosslugger
Strigoi
Mr. Tart
Sloth9230
GkMrBane
Infighter
dancash1808
ViralEnsign_
Yukon
Qawdz
chuck woolery
Soulbreak
MagisterM
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
BartholomewWenceslas
Aevun
>Brave<
Macromute
defacto
Tomhet
Phoenix Rising
Kerberos-013
CaligoIllioneus
sciicers
Back Lot Basher
Seignar
FexDS
carlucio
BIG TIME MASTER
FruitPunchNinja
Zechk
DE5PA1R
callipygias
Forcefed
PlasticandRage
RANT
Rainraey
dianaduh
Frostacar
F3N.R1R
TehInfamousAmos
Onion Knight
Ser Isaac
Major_kenny
Nightmare Moon
Juutas
raecor14
passivefamiliar
Marino.
Ghiblier
bart95
The Letter X
Serious_Much
iGBx
Sal Paradise
Bamjam
new deal
The_Hallion
Dogwelder
Tolvo
Spurgun
hageshisa
mugenis4real
XachAttack
Rarayn
Everynevers
eminusx
LordSolaire
Derpin_Errday
jankenneth_10
Espada Muerta
Argetlam350
Noob-of-Artorias
cloudyeki
Icegodzilla
DoughGuy
Shindori
Anonymous Proxy
153 posters

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 9 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Post by ChizFreak Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:03 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Well i assume Fromsoft isn't just letting some guys they have no faith in be in charge of arguably their biggest franchise(armored core is pretty popular). These guys could just be some talented game developers who haven't got their chance to shine.

Before Miyazaki got to be director for Armored Core 4, he wasn't known for anything. Hes only directed 4 games(AC4,AC4:FA,DeS,and DkS), before that his only listed experience is "planning assistant" for one Armored Core game.

This just makes me more excited to see what is said in this upcoming edge interview. Oh, Tanimura is also "directing" not just Shibuya i guess. Although all that has been said is "Shibuya and Yui Tanimura replace former game director Hidetaka Miyazaki."

When will that interview occur? Any date? And you didn't answer silly, who's Yui Tanimura? I didn't read anywhere that name related to Dark Souls 2.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 9 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:13 pm

Yea i did, him along with Shibuya will be involved.

"directors new to the Souls series, Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura, who have taken the reins from Hidetaka Miyazaki."

http://www.edge-online.com/news/introducing-edge-249-dark-souls-ii-unveiled/

I would also like to add, most of the stuff that seems negative so far has been said by Edge. They are the ones that talked about casual players, and TES. They used rather vague quotes, we don't know why the directors said that or what question they were responding to ext. Lets just wait for the interview.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:27 pm

I actually think they are hyping this "Dark Souls turning casual" thing cause they know it will sell the issue, cause it makes fans want to read the interview.

"I personally am the sort of person who likes to be more direct than subtle"

"[Dark Souls II] will be more straightforward and more understandable."

To me those seem to be taken somewhat out of context. We will see though. Read the whole article again, EDGE is the one pushing the idea of a simplified Dark Souls. The actual FromSoft press release is talking about retaining the relentless challenge, and keeping the "core essence" of the series.

Interview will be Dec 20th by the way.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:29 am

DAMMNIT WHEN I THOUGHT I HAD ESCAPED DARK SOULS FROMSOFT GOES AND DOES THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:38 am

FruitPunchNinja wrote:I actually think they are hyping this "Dark Souls turning casual" thing cause they know it will sell the issue, cause it makes fans want to read the interview.

"I personally am the sort of person who likes to be more direct than subtle"

"[Dark Souls II] will be more straightforward and more understandable."

To me those seem to be taken somewhat out of context. We will see though. Read the whole article again, EDGE is the one pushing the idea of a simplified Dark Souls. The actual FromSoft press release is talking about retaining the relentless challenge, and keeping the "core essence" of the series.

Interview will be Dec 20th by the way.

Wait... people are actually trusting Edge?
    I guess they don't live in the UK where they actually publish their terrible magazine, that promotes terrible games.
    Edge have also been demanding easy mode for a long time, makes sense they'd forgo any of the minimal at best journalistic integrity they had.
    BartholomewWenceslas
    BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BartholomewWenceslas Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:04 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:DAMMNIT WHEN I THOUGHT I HAD ESCAPED DARK SOULS FROMSOFT GOES AND DOES THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You should know by now that there is no escape... Prostration
    I, too, am now interested in this interview, though apparently edge is not the best choice for the interviewer. I really wish these new directors would just do an AMA or something where actual fans who enjoy the games as they are could ask questions :|
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:04 am

FruitPunchNinja wrote:I just don't see much of a difference between "Saviour","Chosen Undead", and "Hero". Especially since it is being translated from Japanese. I think they just mean we wont be playing as the same undead as we did in Dark Souls 1.

This ^^^^^^

It also just occurred to me, none of us will ever play DKSII anyways, seeing as how the world is ending December 12th. :affraid:
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:08 am

I thought it was the 21st.... oh well I got two days to live!
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:10 am

Is it the 21st?

Alls I know is that its for real this time! Mayans said so!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:12 am

BIG TIME MASTER wrote:Is it the 21st?

Alls I know is that its for real this time! Mayans said so!

Alls I know is that I there are gonna be some badass parties before the end of the world!
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:14 am

I'm gonna go to sleep early so I'm not hungover my first day in the afterlife.

ON TOPIC, I've never been excited about the release of a video game before, until now.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:23 am

Off Topic, in France there is a mountain they actually have to basically block off because people believe it is a sacred site. That if they are there when the world ends they will escape destruction and enter paradise.

That's the plot of an episode of the Simpsons. Humans eh?

On Topic, those words actually have very different meanings to me.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:16 am

Well yes they do of course, but look at who is using them and the context.
    I think it is pretty standard to refer to whatever character the player controls in any video game as the "hero". Secondly, it is a translation, and how many times has there been issues of translations not being entirely accurate?

I'd bet boss souls to dung pies that DKSII is going to have the exact same type of player character as the previous two. You will be an anonymous undead who may or may not be the big sh1t saviour of whatever.

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:17 am

I hope so.... without that anonymity and sense of self creation dark souls II will not be the same....
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:29 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:I hope so.... without that anonymity and sense of self creation dark souls II will not be the same....

Well look at it this way(it basically confirms it), they already announced online multiplayer. You think we are all just going to be playing the same character?
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:59 pm

DoughGuy wrote:You know what would make the new DkS great?

They go through all this stuff wher the new director is the MH guy, and its marketed as more accessible and stuff

Sp you buy the game, walk through the first area, no real enemies, you're all pissed its too easy.

Walk through the first fog gate and you encounter a troll. Expecting it to be easy you go in swinging

And you hit it for 1 damage, and it has 10k health

And then it one shots you, no matter your armour

And as the you died screen comes up Miyazakai's face pops up laughing at you

And it turns out he was the director all along, and the game is 10x harder than DkS

This. I want this. so so so so so much.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:21 pm

I hope they put somekind of FTH-STR Paladin NPC. Leeroy FTW.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:03 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:I hope so.... without that anonymity and sense of self creation dark souls II will not be the same....

Well look at it this way(it basically confirms it), they already announced online multiplayer. You think we are all just going to be playing the same character?

iterations of the same character from different plains...
    Infighter
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Infighter Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:11 pm

Anyone knows the name of composition played in the trailer? I NEED IT
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:18 pm

I saw the trailer and my heart beat speed up.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:50 pm

After I saw the trailer I came, to the forums... I also orgasmed.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:54 pm

I'm seeing a lot of mention of people saying that there is actually a mix up/confusion about these new directors. Apparently we got them mixed up with other people, and Shibuya did not work on Monster Hunter(which isn't a big deal, cause that person only did some CG work for the game). Apparently the new directors actually do have experience being directors. The apparently both worked on a few games in the A.C.E series(a mecha game, similar to Z.O.E) developed by Fromsoft. Those games were never released outside of Japan, and i have no way of confirming this because the credits are written in kanji. It makes a lot more sense then two guys who have very little experience being in charge of a big game like this. I think Tanimura still worked as planning on Armored Core 2, unless there are two Yui Tanimuras are Fromsoft. Just weird they only had that listed as his experience.

Kind of good news i guess, cause that was my only worry. Two guys with very little experience being in charge of the series. Looks like they both have worked together(Shibuya as Director, and Tanimura as main game designer) on 3-4 games.
    BartholomewWenceslas
    BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BartholomewWenceslas Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:27 pm

I just really hope that Fromsoft lets Miyazaki have a solid role as the supervisor instead of just "promoting" him in order to get him out of the way so they could ruin his child :|
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:44 pm

I can't believe i didn't watch the trailer earlier. Looks awesome for such a short video, and i really hope the game will give me the same feeling that trailer did. F*cking awesome!

Praise the motherf*cking sun! Praise the Sun
    Tomhet
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tomhet Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:59 am

So he is not the Monster Hunter director?! That IS a relief.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 pm