Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+149
Ahhotep1
SlothAlmighty
skarekrow13
Shakie666
Phenetylaminos
HereticForLife
Wilkinson3424
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
diddle
Fayt
GravelordZealot
SATLOS
Mireneye
PhlyingDutchman
jaythibodeau
ChizFreak
Emergence
Sentiel
steveswede
Serafiem
SadPanda
Thuggernaut
StiffNipples
FreeSergey
GenericUsername
DxV04
phastings
DyingAce
chaos4ever181
Buttcheekofdeth
Halicarnassis
vixder/pennywise
bloodpixel
Dessembrae
MrDynogames
morte
Dibsville
ser-john
vegan666
User1
xtal84
garrettegge
Jester's Tears
Z3nMast3r
Rayko
ollebsson
jimmyc0341
Ashran
dragonbeast6
RedderAI
The Once-Ler
Gyonimizotetsu
Slarg232
Acarnatia
Oh_the_Humanity
Shkar
Derpwraith
amaro57
ublug
MrMan
Agent Talon
CaptanSpudsy
Forum Pirate
Sargerus
dormancy
reim0027
ExecutionerTri
MasterofShadows
ComaPrison
ak1287
X-government-agent
bosslugger
Strigoi
Mr. Tart
Sloth9230
GkMrBane
Infighter
dancash1808
ViralEnsign_
Yukon
Qawdz
chuck woolery
Soulbreak
MagisterM
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
BartholomewWenceslas
Aevun
>Brave<
Macromute
defacto
Tomhet
Phoenix Rising
Kerberos-013
CaligoIllioneus
sciicers
Back Lot Basher
Seignar
FexDS
carlucio
BIG TIME MASTER
FruitPunchNinja
Zechk
DE5PA1R
callipygias
Forcefed
PlasticandRage
RANT
Rainraey
dianaduh
Frostacar
F3N.R1R
TehInfamousAmos
Onion Knight
Ser Isaac
Major_kenny
Nightmare Moon
Juutas
raecor14
passivefamiliar
Marino.
Ghiblier
bart95
The Letter X
Serious_Much
iGBx
Sal Paradise
Bamjam
new deal
The_Hallion
Dogwelder
Tolvo
Spurgun
hageshisa
mugenis4real
XachAttack
Rarayn
Everynevers
eminusx
LordSolaire
Derpin_Errday
jankenneth_10
Espada Muerta
Argetlam350
Noob-of-Artorias
cloudyeki
Icegodzilla
DoughGuy
Shindori
Anonymous Proxy
153 posters

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 10 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Post by Juutas Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:02 am

Tomhet wrote:So he is not the Monster Hunter director?! That IS a relief.

How so? When I first played Dark Souls I instantly thought "this game reminds me of Monster Hunter" and it is highly likely FROM was influenced by Monster Hunter-series when making souls games.
    I think Souls series could do some boss battles more like Monster Hunter ( no visual health bar, epic almost hour long battles etc.) at least dragon Fights.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 10 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:17 pm

Well i am kind of releived cause who we thought was the new director wasn't the director for Monster Hunter, he was just someone involved with the CG cutscenes.

If he actually was the director of Monster hunter 2 freedom, i would of been happy he was doing Dark Souls 2(why wouldn't you be?). I am happy cause not only have these two co-directors worked together but they DO have experience as directors. They worked on the A.C.E franchise, it is a mecha game developed by Fromsoft that was never released outside of Japan.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:02 pm

Wait if he's not the MH director who is he? Is it someone else with the same name (Shibuya)? I'd appreciate some clarification.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:45 pm

Well it is hard to confirm, but it seems a lot more likely that it is not the Monster Hunter Shibuya(who didn't really do much with monster hunter, he just did some CG work on cut scenes.)

Who i think it is, and someone on NeoGaf pointed out is most likely the one, is the Director of Fromsofts A.C.E games. Which were not released outside of Japan. Here is one of the games they both worked on, and Shibuya Directed. It is good cause that means he has a lot more experience then i had originally thought after looking up the Monster Hunter Shibuya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXrM_ASCfb8
    Tomhet
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tomhet Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:43 pm

Juutas wrote:

How so? When I first played Dark Souls I instantly thought "this game reminds me of Monster Hunter" and it is highly likely FROM was influenced by Monster Hunter-series when making souls games.
    I think Souls series could do some boss battles more like Monster Hunter ( no visual health bar, epic almost hour long battles etc.) at least dragon Fights.

I never said they weren't similar, but Dark Souls is infinitely better if you ask me, so I would hate to see even more MH stuff implemented in the new game.
    Strigoi
    Strigoi

Post by Strigoi Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:50 pm

Somebody should make a petition against easy mode, since the Wii U petition is going so good.
    BartholomewWenceslas
    BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BartholomewWenceslas Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:01 pm

Fromsoft is probably incredibly sick of petitions by now and even if they added an easy mode, it wouldn't mean that you have to play it
    bosslugger
    Casual
    Casual

Post by bosslugger Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:41 pm

Anonymous Proxy wrote:I want the song in this trailer. Now.

Ask, and ye shall receive:

http://mikolaistroinski.com/upload/audio/dark-souls-2-trailer.mp3
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:41 pm

I don't think there will be an easy mode, it would honestly just make balancing the game and figuring out how to implement online play. Plus, they went out of their way to say that whole thing a while ago about there possibly being an easy mode was a translation error.
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:51 pm

BartholomewWenceslas wrote:Fromsoft is probably incredibly sick of petitions by now and even if they added an easy mode, it wouldn't mean that you have to play it

Yeah I'm sure western devs have people scouring the internet for petitions written in Japanese that they can translate and read them.

These devs are Japanese, people. Unless you can speak or write Japanese I don't think they are going to read/care what you say.

Plus I'm guessing the Japanese population has a lot of the same concerns that we do. I've played other games where the devs only listened to the Japanese community (FFXI) and things seemed to get fixed eventually that the English speakers were concerned about.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:10 am

NO MORE PETITIONS. We have absolutely no reason to make a petition about the game that has no info or gamefootage out and with all these petitions FROM probably thinks the whole Souls-community is a bunch of crybabys who are never happy with what they have and stop reacting to fanbase opinions.

No more! enough is enough! I've had it with these motherf*cking petitions on this motherf*cking forum!

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 10 2707236321
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:30 am

Juutas wrote:NO MORE PETITIONS. We have absolutely no reason to make a petition about the game that has no info or gamefootage out and with all these petitions FROM probably thinks the whole Souls-community is a bunch of crybabys who are never happy with what they have and stop reacting to fanbase opinions.

No more! enough is enough! I've had it with these motherf*cking petitions on this motherf*cking forum!

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 10 2707236321

Agreed, we have more threads complaining about possible changes in the sequel than we do confirmed changes.
    Strigoi
    Strigoi

Post by Strigoi Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:36 pm

Calm down guys, I was just kidding about the petition. I was just making fun of all the people who are super freaked out after just an announcement trailer.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:11 am

Freaked out perhaps isnt the word....concerned is...

I cant remember how long a gap there was between demon's and dark...it just seems like this is being kinda rushed to me.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:46 am

Gap between Demon and Dark: 2 years. Dark Souls 1 to 2 gap is currently at: 1 year.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:51 am

Maybe im not so worried. I thought it was longer from DeS to Dks.

Ah well the trailer looks amazing but i still reckon that the DeS trailer was the best of them all. The music was awesome!
    bosslugger
    Casual
    Casual

Post by bosslugger Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:14 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Freaked out perhaps isnt the word....concerned is...

I cant remember how long a gap there was between demon's and dark...it just seems like this is being kinda rushed to me.

I wouldn't worry about this. Demon's Souls was announced in late 2008, released in NA in Oct 2009. Dark Souls was announced in late 2010, released in NA Oct 2011. Dark Souls 2 was just announced, so if the pattern holds, we'll see it around late 2013. Doesn't feel rushed at all.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:36 pm

Maybe this has been mentioned earlier I haven't been keeping up with the posts on this thread much, but I just came across an interesting bit of dialogue from Gwyneverne,

"Indeed, we had felt the warmth of fire, it's radiance, an the life it sustaineth. Without fire, all shall be a frigid and frightful Dark."

Maybe this is pointing us to a sequel rather than a prequel, after having the dark ending, or after exhausting undeads to rekindle the kiln flame maybe the world has finally entered this twilight, and that's why we have snow covered landscapes and our new 'oscar' fellow is shown to have fur topped armour.

Of course, this is just speculation...
    bosslugger
    Casual
    Casual

Post by bosslugger Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:01 pm

Yukon wrote:Maybe this has been mentioned earlier I haven't been keeping up with the posts on this thread much, but I just came across an interesting bit of dialogue from Gwyneverne,

"Indeed, we had felt the warmth of fire, it's radiance, an the life it sustaineth. Without fire, all shall be a frigid and frightful Dark."

Maybe this is pointing us to a sequel rather than a prequel, after having the dark ending, or after exhausting undeads to rekindle the kiln flame maybe the world has finally entered this twilight, and that's why we have snow covered landscapes and our new 'oscar' fellow is shown to have fur topped armour.

Of course, this is just speculation...

Could be. Could also explain the Darkwraiths and New Londo Ruins. It was flooded to keep them from leaving, but there's also no bonfire anywhere in the Ruins.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:41 pm

bosslugger wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:Freaked out perhaps isnt the word....concerned is...

I wouldn't worry about this. Demon's Souls was announced in late 2008, released in NA in Oct 2009. Dark Souls was announced in late 2010, released in NA Oct 2011. Dark Souls 2 was just announced, so if the pattern holds, we'll see it around late 2013. Doesn't feel rushed at all.

Dark Souls was officially announced the 2nd February of 2011. 7 months. DkS II was announced this month so, I would expect it around August 2013.
    Strigoi
    Strigoi

Post by Strigoi Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:55 am

I just watched the trailer for the 20th time or something, at Namco's own youtube channel, but I never read the caption until now: ''FROM SOFTWARE and NAMCO BANDAI Games presents a new DARK SOULS to their passionate fans.''

So hopefully they ''listen'' to us, and kinda know what we want and expect.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:01 pm

Thread updated with the new info from the EDGE magazine/interview. Thanks to the user NDenizen for this.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:11 pm

I think Dark Souls 2 is going to take place in somewhere we know because he refused to spoil the location in the interview or we would instantly know.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:48 pm

Juutas wrote:I think Dark Souls 2 is going to take place in somewhere we know because he refused to spoil the location in the interview or we would instantly know.

I'm not sure why but I feel extremely inclined to say it's Ariamis. Don't ask me why, it's just my gut telling me so.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:40 pm

The Letter X wrote:
    Juutas wrote:I think Dark Souls 2 is going to take place in somewhere we know because he refused to spoil the location in the interview or we would instantly know.

I'm not sure why but I feel extremely inclined to say it's Ariamis. Don't ask me why, it's just my gut telling me so.

I have the feeling it's either Carim or Ariamis...first I though it would be Zena, but I'm not too convinced anymore, I just want it to be all of them though big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:05 am