Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+149
Ahhotep1
SlothAlmighty
skarekrow13
Shakie666
Phenetylaminos
HereticForLife
Wilkinson3424
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
diddle
Fayt
GravelordZealot
SATLOS
Mireneye
PhlyingDutchman
jaythibodeau
ChizFreak
Emergence
Sentiel
steveswede
Serafiem
SadPanda
Thuggernaut
StiffNipples
FreeSergey
GenericUsername
DxV04
phastings
DyingAce
chaos4ever181
Buttcheekofdeth
Halicarnassis
vixder/pennywise
bloodpixel
Dessembrae
MrDynogames
morte
Dibsville
ser-john
vegan666
User1
xtal84
garrettegge
Jester's Tears
Z3nMast3r
Rayko
ollebsson
jimmyc0341
Ashran
dragonbeast6
RedderAI
The Once-Ler
Gyonimizotetsu
Slarg232
Acarnatia
Oh_the_Humanity
Shkar
Derpwraith
amaro57
ublug
MrMan
Agent Talon
CaptanSpudsy
Forum Pirate
Sargerus
dormancy
reim0027
ExecutionerTri
MasterofShadows
ComaPrison
ak1287
X-government-agent
bosslugger
Strigoi
Mr. Tart
Sloth9230
GkMrBane
Infighter
dancash1808
ViralEnsign_
Yukon
Qawdz
chuck woolery
Soulbreak
MagisterM
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
BartholomewWenceslas
Aevun
>Brave<
Macromute
defacto
Tomhet
Phoenix Rising
Kerberos-013
CaligoIllioneus
sciicers
Back Lot Basher
Seignar
FexDS
carlucio
BIG TIME MASTER
FruitPunchNinja
Zechk
DE5PA1R
callipygias
Forcefed
PlasticandRage
RANT
Rainraey
dianaduh
Frostacar
F3N.R1R
TehInfamousAmos
Onion Knight
Ser Isaac
Major_kenny
Nightmare Moon
Juutas
raecor14
passivefamiliar
Marino.
Ghiblier
bart95
The Letter X
Serious_Much
iGBx
Sal Paradise
Bamjam
new deal
The_Hallion
Dogwelder
Tolvo
Spurgun
hageshisa
mugenis4real
XachAttack
Rarayn
Everynevers
eminusx
LordSolaire
Derpin_Errday
jankenneth_10
Espada Muerta
Argetlam350
Noob-of-Artorias
cloudyeki
Icegodzilla
DoughGuy
Shindori
Anonymous Proxy
153 posters

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 16 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Post by ChizFreak Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:15 am

Acarnatia wrote:I think you mean 'Oh Old One. Skyrim Souls.'

I'm sorry but you're both confused.

What you're trying to say is: "Oh Umbasa, Skyrim Souls..."
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 16 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:40 am

You are all wrong.

Tis "Oh Sloth, F*ck-yeah Dragons!"

Anyway Chiz, I'm pretty sure umbasa was like an alternate version of amen.
    Arcantia would be right... if this was Demon's, but it's not. This is Dark Souls, and I am the Dark Lord!DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 16 Bmlaug13

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:22 am

Sloth9230 wrote:You are all wrong.

Tis "Oh Sloth, F*ck-yeah Dragons!"

Anyway Chiz, I'm pretty sure umbasa was like an alternate version of amen.
    Arcantia would be right... if this was Demon's, but it's not. This is Dark Souls, and I am the Dark Lord!DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 16 Bmlaug13

Edit: Also, this picture nicely sums up how I feel about more dragons in the sequel.

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 16 Kalame10

Seriously, are there not enough Mythical beasts to go around? Why must every RPG use dragons? Some damn unicorns would be nice!

I'm sorry, but you're incorrect. Umbasa is the name of god in Demon's Souls, at least according to the religion of the guys we meet. It's not like "Vereor Nox", that says Reah like a goodbye or "take care".
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:28 am

No, if you got the talisman of beasts then you'd realize that "the old one" is actually their "god".

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/urbain

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/disciple-of-god

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/acolyte-of-god

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/worshipper-of-god

Check their dialogue They all say "Umbasa" but no one refers to it as the name of their god.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:37 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:No, if you got the talisman of beasts then you'd realize that "the old one" is actually their "god".

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/urbain

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/disciple-of-god

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/acolyte-of-god

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/worshipper-of-god

Check their dialogue They all say "Umbasa" but no one refers to it as the name of their god.

Mmm it seems you're right. Strange, so actually the Old One is the god that brings miracles? That doesn't make much sense. Considering the objective of the Old One.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:58 pm

The deal with that was that the church was worshipping a false god-the Old One-believing it to be an equivalent of the Abrahamic God. The church is blatantly worshipping the Old One, believing it to be something else entirely.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:08 pm

Right, the old one was basically playing both sides. Miracles and Sorceries both originate from it.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:08 pm

Oh_the_Humanity wrote:What I'm really curious about is how there going to incorporate "time" into DkSII. I quote,

"Time is one of the central keywords we're keeping in mind as we create this. I can't give concrete details about this yet, so hopefully you'll be able to use your imagination for now."

That sounds interesting. I wonder in there will be time travel throughout the game, kinda like the DLC for DkS. I did like the idea of visiting the forest in the daytime. Great idea to conserve time when making the DLC. I have to admit I was a little disappointed when I saw they just re-did the forest. Didn't even change it up that much, especially in the Royal Forest.

Anyways what are your thoughts on the way "time" can be incorporated into DkSII.

I don't know if you've played it, but I really like the way Onimusha 3 handled time-travel.

Basically, in order to advance through certain levels, you'd have to switch between two characters at certain points. One in the past and one in the present. There would be puzzles/obstacles/items and bosses that would only appear in one time-frame or the other and actions taken in one time-frame could potentially affect the other. For instance, there was this level in a temple that was flooded in the present. In order to get rid of the water you had to repeatedly switch characters and trade items between them so that the other accomplish certain tasks.

How would that work in Dark Souls? Since there's only one character, they could make it so that the player can freely travel trough time whenever they want to. Perhaps you could travel to the past in order to cross a bridge that is broken in the present, and then switch back the present so you can face a boss. Or you might find a key in the present that would allow you open a door in the past, or vice-versa.

I think it would be a cool way to conceal bonus bosses or maybe even weapons.

Edit: So whats the policy on double posts anyway? lol
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:48 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:
    Oh_the_Humanity wrote:What I'm really curious about is how there going to incorporate "time" into DkSII. I quote,

"Time is one of the central keywords we're keeping in mind as we create this. I can't give concrete details about this yet, so hopefully you'll be able to use your imagination for now."

That sounds interesting. I wonder in there will be time travel throughout the game, kinda like the DLC for DkS. I did like the idea of visiting the forest in the daytime. Great idea to conserve time when making the DLC. I have to admit I was a little disappointed when I saw they just re-did the forest. Didn't even change it up that much, especially in the Royal Forest.

Anyways what are your thoughts on the way "time" can be incorporated into DkSII.

I don't know if you've played it, but I really like the way Onimusha 3 handled time-travel.

Basically, in order to advance through certain levels, you'd have to switch between two characters at certain points. One in the past and one in the present. There would be puzzles/obstacles/items and bosses that would only appear in one time-frame or the other and actions taken in one time-frame could potentially affect the other. For instance, there was this level in a temple that was flooded in the present. In order to get rid of the water you had to repeatedly switch characters and trade items between them so that the other accomplish certain tasks.

How would that work in Dark Souls? Since there's only one character, they could make it so that the player can freely travel trough time whenever they want to. Perhaps you could travel to the past in order to cross a bridge that is broken in the present, and then switch back the present so you can face a boss. Or you might find a key in the present that would allow you open a door in the past, or vice-versa.

I think it would be a cool way to conceal bonus bosses or maybe even weapons.

Edit: So whats the policy on double posts anyway? lol

I do like that idea, if it was implemented right it could work for sure. I dont know if being able to travel through time whenever you want might be a little gimmicky, maybe not.

Anyways I was thinking, based on that quote:

it doesn't necessarily mean time travel but maybe there going to incorporate things that have to do with time of day. Day and night cycles like things may be different like enemy difficulty or access to different areas. All they said was "time" so who knows what there gonna do. Cant wait to find out though.

Another thing I would love to see would be weather changes that effect the player and NPC's, and even the surroundings, like when it rains the ground gets slippery and harder to fight on, for example, when you take a big R2 swing it makes you slip a certain percentage of the time. Or in the winter time (if they incorporate seasons along with weather) lakes could freeze over and you can access a part of the game that you can only access during the winter time, which might only be a 2 to 4 hour window every 10 to 20 hours or so of game play, or something along those lines. Weather and the changing of seasons could be a very big aspect of the game if they wanted it to be.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:54 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:Edit: Also, this picture nicely sums up how I feel about more dragons in the sequel.

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 16 Kalame10

Seriously, are there not enough Mythical beasts to go around? Why must every RPG use dragons? Some damn unicorns would be nice!

Yoink.

I honestly have to agree, though; Dragons are kind of played out now a days. I liked Dark Souls so much because Dragons were what they were supposed to be; mythical creatures that totally messed **** up when they were alive. Even the Wyvern requires you to have a party going to kill it, and that's just the Dragons small, special cousin. Killing them like they are going out of style is going to be ludicrous in the next one.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:25 pm

Weather would be cool, as would time and day. Seasons could be implemented too. Pokemon did it, why can't Dark Souls?

Seasons, along with day and night, would allow/encourage the developers to add a far bigger variety of enemies.

I think it would help greatly expand the games lifetime if done right, PVE tends to get kind of stale after a while.

Slarg232: I just don't want to deal with more tails :x

That and I've played "The Legend of Dragoon" too much. Not that that's a bad thing... or that the "dragons" in that game actually looked like dragons silly
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Gyonimizotetsu Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:51 pm

You know, it's possible that in Dark Souls II, you get to be the unfurtive pygmy? Or is that a horrible guess that is impossible to go with the story? I'm bad with the timeline in Dark Souls... It's... Distorted.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:55 pm

If it's a prequel then I don't see why not, I had a similar Idea

Sloth9230 wrote:
    hey its andres wrote:BTW it cannot take place during the dragon wars because you are undead, thus the dragon wars have already taken place the Age of Fire is near its end as the curse has been put into effect.

Everyone was "undead" before the lord souls, they brought "life" and "death". We may very well end up playing as the pygmy.

Only problem I see would be location. Since I'm assuming the the Pygmy came from the place that is now Ash Lake. It's entirely possible that he/she, and the rest of the lords aren't actually from there though.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:10 pm

The more and more I hear about DkS2,
    the more I think its gonna be just as good as DkS, just different in the right ways.
    I think the difference is going to be like DeS is to DkS.
    Different but still Fncking Amazing!

Check out this interview,
    makes me feel much better about souls 2:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/02/dark-souls-ii-to-have-slightly-larger-world-wont-be-open-world/
    ComaPrison
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ComaPrison Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:08 am

We need less dragons and more unicorns. I don't want to play Skyrim Souls.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:30 am

ComaPrison wrote:We need less dragons and more unicorns. I don't want to play Skyrim Souls.

Dragons, if done right, have the potential to be badass, unlike in Skyrim. From is devious enough to make their dragons have at least a sliver of the legendary genius of dragons.

After all, they wouldn't be considered invincible monsters if they were JUST big and fire-breathing...
    ComaPrison
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ComaPrison Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:37 am

Shkar wrote:
    ComaPrison wrote:We need less dragons and more unicorns. I don't want to play Skyrim Souls.

Dragons, if done right, have the potential to be badass, unlike in Skyrim. From is devious enough to make their dragons have at least a sliver of the legendary genius of dragons.

After all, they wouldn't be considered invincible monsters if they were JUST big and fire-breathing...

What I mean is that Dragons are overused in fantasy-based games. I wish there was a greater emphasis on various unfamiliar deep sea giant monstrosities. Creative stuff that people haven't really seen before. The hydras were cool, but we need more variety and unfamiliarity.
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Gyonimizotetsu Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:43 am

There's not enough dragons. They need different types of dragons.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:03 am

Oh great, I can see it now... Elemental Dragons FTW!!!
    Each one exactly like Kalameet.
    ComaPrison
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ComaPrison Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:51 am

Sloth9230 wrote:Oh great, I can see it now... Elemental Dragons FTW!!!
    Each one exactly like Kalameet.

One for every color of the rainbow.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:04 am

If dragon fights are done in the same spirit as in Monster Hunter, I say BRING THEM ON! DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 16 1447589260
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:31 am

Juutas, you got some good taste! : D If Dragon Slaying would be like in Monster Hunter, Souls series would be even more awesome :')
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:12 am

hageshisa wrote:Juutas, you got some good taste! : D If Dragon Slaying would be like in Monster Hunter, Souls series would be even more awesome :')

Thank you sir! DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 16 3149687655
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:40 am

But I must say that I get alot of Monster Hunter feel when I play Souls-games. Sure they are not that much alike, but they have the steep learning curve incomon, aswell as both games force you to play carefully. Study your opponents and then strike, and so on~

Atleast I got that feel when I was totally new to the game, BUT! this is also why I believe in the new director : ) Monster Hunter Freedom 2 was haard
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:47 am

hageshisa wrote:But I must say that I get alot of Monster Hunter feel when I play Souls-games. Sure they are not that much alike, but they have the steep learning curve incomon, aswell as both games force you to play carefully. Study your opponents and then strike, and so on~

Atleast I got that feel when I was totally new to the game, BUT! this is also why I believe in the new director : ) Monster Hunter Freedom 2 was haard

Yeah...the new director didn't work on the MH-games :/ it was some other Shibuya.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 pm