Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
sure-magicians
Seth Winternight
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
inchymo188
AshLumi
shadowzninjaz
LordRevan
ViralEnsign_
Taueth
RePaused
GrizzlyJunkz
dantheman123
ThatPerson
Murkulanvippi
raecor14
FattyOfDoom
Ghadis_God
NinjaVanish
BeeSeaEss
billy_bayonet
Hydreigon11
KusaiCharlz
Hisoka
The Letter X
Jansports
Hokucho
Artorias The Abyss Walker
WaLKA
bunnywink
hageshisa
Demon Slayer
FinPeku
slowturtles
ChaosMoogle
Forum Pirate
robsthedon
DoughGuy
twilightwarwolf
Spurgun
Ahhotep1
44 posters

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Two: The Rising!

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Two: The Rising! - Page 37 Empty Re: THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Two: The Rising!

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:06 pm

You say unfair untill you see how incredibly difficult it is to hit any decent player with. Not even good, as long as they don't suck they don't even need to dodge, they can just circle.

http://mmdks.com/1hjf Higher damage (with buff), no self bleed, gmb to shut down mages, wog/emit force are less powerful than pursers/hcsm but much more likely to hit (making them more useful) aoe and deflect sorcery, glgsd is more powerful faith scaled.

If you stay int simply switching to the hand the catalyst is in will allow more versatility while using the scythe in one hand. The greatscythe will allow you to buff it, boosting your melee damage high enough to justify the low hp.

If you won't give up the hornet ring the CoD alone won't help you're really low powered sorcery, and fast rolling with any decent amount of poise is off the table without wolfs. I can't do much for the int version without that ringslot. The magic (considering its low accuracy) isn't strong enough without both to justify having 32 int, imo.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Two: The Rising! - Page 37 Empty Re: THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Two: The Rising!

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:08 pm

Not spread to thin over all, just spread to thin considering the relatively low damage that build (the original version) has.

The issue is mainly in spell/gear selection. The stat spread is fine, if its taken advantage of.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:10 pm

Thanks for the promotion happy Hopefully, i can be there for more than two fights in the next event.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:22 pm

this is a decent build and i thank you for making it but this just isnt a build for me. i dont use cod and i wont it would make my miricles to op and i dont want that especially with wog it is already op in its range and power. i dont see bows as useful either so i wouldnt use that especially the comp bow its not good for range so id use pharis if i were to use one.those are my primary concerns but i have a few others that arent really important so ill look over my build but i can't use the one you made. thanks again for taking the time to make it though i appreciate your effort to help.
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:59 pm

Congratulations on the promotions! cheers
    AshLumi
    AshLumi
    Casual
    Casual

Post by AshLumi Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:01 pm

Congratulations to all who were promoted.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:24 pm

so how about this instead? http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=353077522323167454
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:39 pm

Can I stay DISCIPLE i wanna be the best Disciple NA XD
    I could help train newbies in this cov they could learn alot from me
    I also could help people with builds!

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:00 pm

Better. Still a lot of faith for no weapon buff, but I suppose replenish will fill that gap. http://mmdks.com/1hp2 is the same thing, but with way more room for spare gear because of the lighter weapon.

The composite bow was my choice because its fast, and it lets you keep the pressure on casters or turtles trying to create space. An offhand crossbow would work just as well.

Nothing is OP atm. OP things win battles just by being there. If your opponent sucks, magic might seem OP, but its not winning the battle on its own, the opponent just doesn't know how to handle it.

Have you played a pure caster, of any type, in DKS? Try one. Go all out and try to kill everyone in 1 or 2 hits. See how well it works. How absolutely flawless you have to be against anyone worth a damn to win. Its really freaking hard. Such difficulty justifies such power. It would be much easier to pick up a random spear and roll-poke ftw, and it would work more often. Lots more often.
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:38 pm

Well done all promoted
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:02 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Better. Still a lot of faith for no weapon buff, but I suppose replenish will fill that gap. http://mmdks.com/1hp2 is the same thing, but with way more room for spare gear because of the lighter weapon.

The composite bow was my choice because its fast, and it lets you keep the pressure on casters or turtles trying to create space. An offhand crossbow would work just as well.

Nothing is OP atm. OP things win battles just by being there. If your opponent sucks, magic might seem OP, but its not winning the battle on its own, the opponent just doesn't know how to handle it.

Have you played a pure caster, of any type, in DKS? Try one. Go all out and try to kill everyone in 1 or 2 hits. See how well it works. How absolutely flawless you have to be against anyone worth a damn to win. Its really freaking hard. Such difficulty justifies such power. It would be much easier to pick up a random spear and roll-poke ftw, and it would work more often. Lots more often.
    a pure caster? no i thought it be to easy to beat people but i guess i can devote a char to be a pure. omg though i hate spears and they are a bit op in range especially since you can't parry a spear farther away its really freakin annoying.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:26 pm

Why choose between pure caster a Spear poke rollers?

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=479118322673571036

This is like my furvuret bild poke roll poke roll WoG poke poke roll WoG HCSM CSS CSS BEAD poke roll BEAD
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:47 pm

You don't have to do it right now. In the mean time, I'll see if I can find a decent video that shows how hard it is. Just remember while watching that the caster has to consider all of the same things melee builds do, but they also have to fight mostly unlocked, remember the spell order, remember where they are in the spell order and keep track of how many of each spell they have left.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:51 pm

Now this guy is pretty good, but notice that he cant wear good armor. How often he has to create space to cast, how much room he needs to cast, how often he has to swap spells, how one gold tracer hit went through 20% of his hp.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:40 am

Alright my Brothers and Sisters. Tomorrow I go in for an operation, nothing serious to me I'll be fine. But I'll be gone til I've recovered I look forward to returning to the new (improved!) skill of our new recruits in training.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:11 am

Good luck.

Anybody else think the hitstun to bs is a little ridiculous?

1 hit with a large club? normally you'd take 4-600 but I'm a prick so I'ma bs you while your stunned so you eat another 1100 and die.

Not that it stops me, but it does mean if I land 1 hit there's a good chance its all over.
    Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Murkulanvippi Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:17 am

Jansports wrote:Alright my Brothers and Sisters. Tomorrow I go in for an operation, nothing serious to me I'll be fine. But I'll be gone til I've recovered I look forward to returning to the new (improved!) skill of our new recruits in training.

Oh?! Hope everything goes well! Hopefully u recover fast and be back with us in no time. happy
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:18 am

Forum Pirate wrote:
    1 hit with a large club? normally you'd take 4-600 but I'm a prick so I'ma bs you while your stunned so you eat another 1100 and die.

Not that it stops me, but it does mean if I land 1 hit there's a good chance its all over.

Welcome 2 Dark souls!

Same thing goes with the dragon roar into bs
    but u never see this happen in duels its very rare even invasions its rare 2 see stunlock into bs
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:56 am

shadowzninjaz wrote:
    Same thing goes with the dragon roar into bs

Dragon Roar BSing is BS. Most dragons I run into usually slap hornets ring + str weapon, then roars and BS me. It's a disgrace to the dragonoids. :evil:
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:07 am

I leave for the hospital in like 10 minutes. still have time to point out without stunBS faiths damage would be grossly below ints
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:59 am

Hey remmeber its okay to do this against gankers like force bs or dragon.

U also would expect this stuff 2 happen when facing the gank

I only do this kinda of stuff in duels if im pissing around but all the time 2 gankers they gotta die somehow
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:30 pm

I don't descriminate. If I hit once with a heavy weapon, its ends the fight a good deal of the time.

Don't get hit by the roar. They can only roar at full dragon yeah? They max at 40 poise and like 200 defense. Stunlock them, or bleed them out in 4 swings. They don't even have to deal damage to build the bleed (ie through shields and I frames.
    Vechy

Post by Vechy Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:45 pm

Hello, I'm the new Xbl leader Vechy. I'd like to say that I want to start the xbl group up and running so we have some humanity and arent hollow anymore (haha very funny), but seriously we need to all get together and start helping each other and just have fun. I will start to post things more often hopefully and also add everyone on xbl so we can communicate.
    tata for now!
    love,
    Vechy
    gt - Veech Dawg
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:42 pm

Hospitals are the stupidest, who cancels a surgery and doesn't tell the patient?
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:18 pm

wow you've got to be kidding me did they seriously do that?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:06 pm