Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
passivefamiliar
Odinbear
6 posters

Recommended soul levels for areas?

Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Recommended soul levels for areas? Empty Recommended soul levels for areas?

Post by Odinbear Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:41 am

Dark Souls players have put together a guide to suggested soul level for each area ( definitely a help when you want to co-op). I'm still at sl14. And wondering if there is such a guide for Demon's Souls.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Recommended soul levels for areas? Empty Re: Recommended soul levels for areas?

Post by Odinbear Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:17 pm

No such guide, eh.. Ok, how do those who play and have played level up? Do you keep your sl low or do you get right up to 30, 60, 120?

At 57 had lots of trouble finding summon signs, ( not that I needed them as 57-64 allowed me to get to endgame, alone ( except flame lurker). At 64 got soul sucked 1-4 a couple times as a phantom co-oper and lost a level on an invasion.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:22 pm

Not sure a guide exists. I have yet to search. IF i find the diligence i'll make one. The simplest way is to play through, pure. Lvl up as you gain souls WITHOUT farming. If you die thats not farming to get your stain back. But i'd bet a basic playthrough would get you a general lvl range to work with. Playing, 1-1. Then, 2-1. Then 3-1 etc etc. There isn't a good concept of which way to play is the issue. Some people, go 1-1 as far as they can then do the next stone.

So a REAL problem, is which order to play in, then we could figure out what lvls would be. I'm sure most new people will play randomly though, avoiding the last couple stones for as long as possible.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:35 pm

My first run, I did 1-1, then sampled each of the stones, came back did 1-2 then shrine f storms till I got to it's second level ( had trouble gettin by those wraiths). So then worked through first couple of 2 & 3, then latria , somewhere in there I did the first boss in defilement. Saved all the rest of that one for last. Was sl64 when last level defeated .
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:26 pm

Since the game is not as linear as Dark is, leveling changes per area depending on your needs. As a general rule of thumb Boletaria and Stonefang are more starter areas, but I've run through each of the 5 worlds at different levels depending on my build goals and the stones I needed to farm.
    ExecutionerTri
    ExecutionerTri
    Regular
    Regular

Post by ExecutionerTri Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:06 pm

This is all from personal expereince over 3+ years of playing so please do not take this as a guarantee. Each level varies but if you use the calculator* you can get a good idea of what youll beable to play with at what level.

1-2 Soul Level 9-18
    2-1 Soul Level 9-25
    2-2 Soul Level 12-28
    2-3 Soul Level (All over the place)

now for world 3, 4 and 5 Try to hit the 45 range which will allow you to play with people from soul level 31 up to 59 and if the activity isnt there then go up a little more. some people, well most people will usually be somewhere between a 55 - 80 when ending the first run so go up to a 55 from a 45 and this will allow you to play with anyone from soul level 40 to 70

*Calculator
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:12 am

ExecutionerTri wrote:This is all from personal expereince over 3+ years of playing so please do not take this as a guarantee. Each level varies but if you use the calculator* you can get a good idea of what youll beable to play with at what level.

1-2 Soul Level 9-18
    2-1 Soul Level 9-25
    2-2 Soul Level 12-28

now for world 3, 4 and 5 Try to hit the 45 range which will allow you to play with people from soul level 31 up to 59 and if the activity isnt there then go up a little more. some people, well most people will usually be somewhere between a 55 - 80 when ending the first run so go up to a 55 from a 45 and this will allow you to play with anyone from soul level 40 to 70

*Calculator

Nice. Thanks. Still at sl14 With my 2nd char and 3-1 can be a challenge if careless. Co-op a few times. Summoned my own phantom for the run to but he died within seconds at the boss fight and I died very soon after. Just helped some1 defeat the boss b4 I quit last night, so today will attempt to summon again for another go.

My char that is at endgame was 57-64 for last couple archdemon boss fights and summoning was sparse, but at that level the fight were easily winnable alone.
    Thanks agin for your input.
    ExecutionerTri
    ExecutionerTri
    Regular
    Regular

Post by ExecutionerTri Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:29 pm

Odinbear wrote:
    ExecutionerTri wrote:This is all from personal expereince over 3+ years of playing so please do not take this as a guarantee. Each level varies but if you use the calculator* you can get a good idea of what youll beable to play with at what level.

1-2 Soul Level 9-18
    2-1 Soul Level 9-25
    2-2 Soul Level 12-28

*Calculator

Nice. Thanks. Still at sl14 With my 2nd char and 3-1 can be a challenge if careless. Co-op a few times. Summoned my own phantom for the run to but he died within seconds at the boss fight and I died very soon after. Just helped some1 defeat the boss b4 I quit last night, so today will attempt to summon again for another go.

My char that is at endgame was 57-64 for last couple archdemon boss fights and summoning was sparse, but at that level the fight were easily winnable alone.

no problem, if you want help at a low level just message me on psn - TriangleOffense
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:19 pm

ExecutionerTri wrote:
    Odinbear wrote:

1-2 Soul Level 9-18
    2-1 Soul Level 9-25
    2-2 Soul Level 12-28

*Calculator

no problem, if you want help at a low level just message me on psn - TriangleOffense

K will do. Hard to not level up but I'm gonna keep this one as low as possible.
    ExecutionerTri
    ExecutionerTri
    Regular
    Regular

Post by ExecutionerTri Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:45 pm

Odinbear wrote:
    ExecutionerTri wrote:
    Odinbear wrote:

1-2 Soul Level 9-18
    2-1 Soul Level 9-25
    2-2 Soul Level 12-28

*Calculator

my guy is on the cloud so I can be any level at anytime
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:33 am

SL recommendations don't seem very useful, but here's a good order to do things in. Levels on the same line as each other can be done in any order.

1-1
    2-1, 1-2
    3-1, 5-1
    2-2 + 2-3, 4-1, 5-2
    1-3, 4-2 + 4-3, 3-2 + 3-3, 5-3
    1-4
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:39 pm

ExecutionerTri wrote:
    Odinbear wrote:
    ExecutionerTri wrote:
    Odinbear wrote:

1-2 Soul Level 9-18
    2-1 Soul Level 9-25
    2-2 Soul Level 12-28

*Calculator

On the cloud? What is this mean?
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:26 pm

I've wondered this myself. I'm on my first playthrough of the game and I'm pretty sure I've been going through areas out of my soul level.

First boss was of course Phalanx, tower knight at lvl20, armor spider around 25, adjudicator at 30, flamelurker at 35, dragon god right after, penetrator around 40, fool's idol, maneater, and old monk all around 50, and most recently the leechmonger still around 50.

I really don't know where I'm going at this point, just killing whatever I can.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:11 pm

Just another note on soul level and I'm sure this is likely to the new players playing the digi DL. Last night took my sl60 to latria (3-1), laid a blue eye stone, didn't really expect a summon but within 30 secs, invaded as the Monk boss. ( fun fight ). So I suicide in nexus and go to 3-2, lay down sign, about same time frame summoned as a Blue Phantom to help ( really did not expect that). ... Little while later, I'm back in 3-1, BE stone down and I get summoned as a blue again. Guy had no idea where he was going on the level. (sl60ish and never been in first level of latria?). Anyways I went through all these areas about a week before the digi release and it was dead for summons.
    ExecutionerTri
    ExecutionerTri
    Regular
    Regular

Post by ExecutionerTri Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:56 pm

Odinbear wrote:
    ExecutionerTri wrote:
    Odinbear wrote:
    ExecutionerTri wrote:
    Odinbear wrote:

1-2 Soul Level 9-18
    2-1 Soul Level 9-25
    2-2 Soul Level 12-28

*Calculator

On the cloud? What is this mean?

i have ps+ so my save is uploaded to the cloud which lets me rebuild whenever I want to any soul level. Makes it much easier to redo PvP specific builds

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 pm