Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Ashran
Hue
Oh_the_Humanity
7 posters

Best Controller for PC, Better than the One I posted about earlier.

Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Best Controller for PC, Better than the One I posted about earlier. Empty Best Controller for PC, Better than the One I posted about earlier.

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:16 pm

I already posted this a few weeks ago, but due to the recent upgrade in the product I was talking about I have to re write it and give you guys the up to date info. The Onza controller by razer is no longer the "best" controller IMO. The Sabertooth by Razer that was just released takes the cake on this one. Not only is it an upgrade from the Onza it will totally change the way people think about using a controller while gaming. By letting you keep your thumbs on the thumb stick literally the whole time you game (except for start, select and the guide buttons)

Anyways I've had really good experience with this controller and thought I would pass it along to anyone who might be thinking of purchasing a new controller for Dark Souls.
    Dont get me wrong, I absolutely love the xbox controller and have since it came out. There is nothing wrong with using the xbox controller but theres a feature on the Razer Sabertooth that just came out, that will let you run while keeping your thumbs on the thumb sticks, which helps prevent alot of camera related deaths. Not only can you run while keeping your thumbs on the sticks you'll never have to take them off!
    It has 6 mappable buttons (Iwill explain how they work further down) 2 on the top located between the bumper and the trigger set back so its not in the way but easily accessible, and 4 located on the back in the form of 2 rocker, or double triggers. Heres a link to it so you can see what Im talking about:

http://assets.razerzone.com/eeimages/products/6000/razer-sabertooth-gallery-1.png

Now not only does this controller feel like a "real" controller, meaning it feels well made and with quality snap action switches for all the buttons except the back, start, and guide buttons. The A,B,X,Y buttons are fully led backlit, Now for the mappable buttons. All they do is replace any button that you assign to it via the handy oled screen.
    It isnt this amazing thing that will let you destroy players in PVP or anything, it definitely isnt cheating or cheap. It just is a nice feature that alot of people would probably like to have as an option. So if your planning on buying a controller for your PC version of Dark Souls, or for any game that is better with a controller, then consider the Sabertooth from Razer, it is well made and functions better than any other 3rd party controller that I've ever used and just as good if not better than the offical 360 version (my opinion, dont get upset) and it looks frikkin cool as well. It also has adjustable sensitivity for the thumb sticks via the oled screen. You get from -10 to +10 which I found to be kinda nice.

Okay so thats my 2 cents on what controller is best for Dark Souls.
    Heres a link to its website.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-controllers/razer-sabertooth

I think it is hands down the best controller on the market right now. Being able to keep my thumbs on the thumbs stick ALL THE TIME! is amazing! IMO. Seriously, once you get used to it, which doesnt take long, youll never look back!
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Best Controller for PC, Better than the One I posted about earlier. Empty Re: Best Controller for PC, Better than the One I posted about earlier.

Post by Hue Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:26 am

tl;dr
    But let me guess, another Razer?
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Best Controller for PC, Better than the One I posted about earlier. Empty Re: Best Controller for PC, Better than the One I posted about earlier.

Post by Ashran Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:10 pm

Yup, another fancy razer.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:43 pm

Ashran wrote:Yup, another fancy razer.

It is another fancy Razor, but this one actually works the way they say it does. Ive been using it for DkS and its so awesome!
    I can run, dodge, switch weapons, two hand, all from the back of the controller while my thumbs stay on the sticks. Once you get used to the feel, which doesnt take long, it it like a breath of fresh air because your free to customize it in any way you want.
    This is all my opinion of course, but Im not crazy and Ive been gaming for years. Plus this thing isnt ridiculously expensive, its 69.99, which isnt cheap but its only 10 buck more than a new 360 controller.
    Not trying to force this on people I just wanted to share my good experience with it.
    Flankydizzle
    Flankydizzle
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Flankydizzle Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:57 am

tl;dr

Logitech F310 works great and is well-priced.
    zelda75
    zelda75

Post by zelda75 Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:19 am

I broke two Onzas already, without doinf anyhting special, and i remember those hurting edges they got on the sides. Hopethey fixed this in the Sabertooth...

The best controller on earth imho is the Major League Of Gaming Pro Circuit : http://www.madcatz.com/products/mlg/http://www.madcatz.com/products/mlg/
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:02 am

zelda75 wrote:I broke two Onzas already, without doinf anyhting special, and i remember those hurting edges they got on the sides. Hopethey fixed this in the Sabertooth...

The best controller on earth imho is the Major League Of Gaming Pro Circuit : http://www.madcatz.com/products/mlg/http://www.madcatz.com/products/mlg/

Well, you'd expect that from people who make a living by playing games
    JaffaCakes
    JaffaCakes

Post by JaffaCakes Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:24 am

I'll stick with the PS3 controllers thank you very much! tongue
    Those are a bit too flashy and expensive for me! hehe
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:42 pm

zelda75 wrote:I broke two Onzas already, without doinf anyhting special, and i remember those hurting edges they got on the sides. Hopethey fixed this in the Sabertooth...

I've never seen that controller before. I looks awesome!
    I really like the modular parts. Might have to check that one out.
    But the thing about the Sabertooth is that it has done something no other controller has before. Letting you map any button even the d-pad to the six very well placed buttons that allow you tokeep your thumbs on the analog sticks at all times is an amazing step forward in game controllers in general. Its made playing Dark Souls so fncking amazing. I think I'm gonna have to make a video showing off the controls and how I have them mapped to make playing Dark Souls so much smoother and more fluent, is probably the best way to put it.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:18 pm

I hope you're not indirectly advertising for Razer...
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:15 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:I hope you're not indirectly advertising for Razer...

Am I working for them? No, not at all.
    Do I like some of there products and want to share my experience? Yes.
    Why would you even ask such a question?
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:35 pm

First, it was'nt a question. Second, I'm just joking. Just thought you were going over the top a bit?.....
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:04 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:First, it was'nt a question. Second, I'm just joking. Just thought you were going over the top a bit?.....

The question was rhetorical.
    I didn't know you were joking because it's extremely difficult to read sarcasm tongue
    Im just blown away at how much better my pvp has gotten since I can change the camera, switch items or weapons, and roll all while my thumbs stay on the analog sticks. It's a huge improvement.
    I'm sorry if you think I'm over doing it. :Baal02:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:18 am