Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+110
lextune
User1
excessivegamer
Orango19
NPCWhiteMage
Hugh_G_Johnson
SpecialNewb
Bloodpact91
Hatsune Miku
scalpfarmer
FullSpe3D
Lancelot
WaLKA
Hyena
IIdoneus
Animaaal
Mr. Tart
Kyuseishu
Acarnatia
morte
Hallsey
Rynn
Casdman
JoeBroski09
Dr_Disco
Kyōkai
X-government-agent
Longshot
Soris Ice Goldwing
DMC
Saturday-Saint
Emergence
BeeSeaEss
JumpsU3vs1
Fry1156
jankenneth_10
Automancer
dsg78gaming
Mike5005005
TheAshenPhantom
BLA1NE
Demon Slayer
BagerX2
jaythibodeau
deadagain
VaDoom
Gazman0169
KingSeekerCow
Odinbear
SenseOfSecurity
Myztyrio
RePaused
argetlam213
Relbaic
FlorisFreakshow
WandererReece
LK-8912
psychichobo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Marionx
Alex_Fairhurst
Gambs_the_Grey
kaa0skrisse
Kerberos-013
Everynevers
Flankydizzle
Zephryl
Uparkaam
ublug
Murkulanvippi
Green__Eagle
Jester's Tears
largestember
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Reaperfan
bla
Bioraptor
Djem
steveswede
Hue
Sloth9230
firefighter_raven
CappuccinoJak
RedderAI
defacto
ryan0wens
Nybbles
SlakeMoth
densetsushun
Oh_the_Humanity
GkMrBane
EeAyEss
befowler
ChizFreak
lonewolf
Dante_000
lalliman
raecor14
Sentiel
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
Aznul
Ashran
The Letter X
fujiphoenix
Serious_Much
Marino.
Hydreigon11
GenericUsername
114 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

ryan0wens
    ryan0wens
    Casual
    Casual

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 3 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by ryan0wens Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:01 pm

The only reason I knew about dark souls was from playing demons souls for so long big grin I never knew how/bothered zooming there either haha. sticky composite bow <3
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 3 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by EeAyEss Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:41 pm

The lava bow... <3.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:46 pm

I definitely am a bigger fan of the Lava Bow than the DM Bow.

Ah, I'm so excited to see the new equipment in DkS2. Equipment and build making are definitely my favorite parts of these games.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:27 pm

I thought the Bed of chaos was fairly similar to the king allant/ Old One " fight ". Long passage filled with branches and a weird deformed creature thing to kill.

Also, armored spider-queelag

tower knight-iron golem

I also thought the adjudicator was similar to tower knight in the sense that you hack away at a certain body part and then attack the head. Meh.

And Flamelurker- ceaseless discharge.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:36 pm

I'm kinda talking about fighting tactics/types.

Iron Golem=Tower Knight (thanks for remending me)

and when the lesser chaos demons take you to anor londo=gargoyle demons taking you to 3-2.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:38 pm

defacto wrote: I personally hate the Dragon God fight just like the Bed of Chaos fight but the Dragon God is 100x easier once you know about the flinching mechanic.

I'm the same way, but Dragon God is better for two main reasons: 1) far less random death once you know what you are supposed to be doing and 2) a close respawn point. Having to remember to put the lava ring back on and then run through all the mobs and then spend what feels like 2 minutes sliding all the way back down to BoC is a big reason I hate that thing with a passion. Such a waste of time.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:06 pm

I'm feeling so much love for the Bed of Chaos.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:09 pm

Personally I never liked the bed of chaos, but I never truly resented it until I tried fighting it with my glass cannon melee/caster. It could one shot me with almost any of its attacks, and I was trying to help someone else with the fight. Eventually he beat it, and I did on my own later that night, but it was still extremely frustrating, especially since it was the host's first time in lost izalith.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:11 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:I'm feeling so much love for the Bed of Chaos.

I always liked her. The Izalith family is my favorite lore topic. I thought she was an alright boss. ._.
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:14 pm

ryan0wens wrote:The only reason I knew about dark souls was from playing demons souls for so long big grin I never knew how/bothered zooming there either haha. sticky composite bow <3

doesn't it tell you how to zoom in the description of the basic bows at least. i know it's on the short/longbows at least.....however i just found out that you can zoom with the bow when you left-hand it lol
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:17 pm

Dying to BoC about 100 times my first playthrough left an impression, with my favorite the time it killed me with its fireblast before I even was out of the drop down chute. Seemed legit.

I do like Lost Izalith as an area though. Another fun thing about BoC is you can go through the fog gate w/o sending invaders home -- that only happens when you actually slide down. So if you really want to spread some misery, just stand around behind the fog gate and watch the lava damage numbers as invaders scour the area in vain for you.
    firefighter_raven
    firefighter_raven

Post by firefighter_raven Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:21 pm

That if you quit the game immediately after talking to the giant blacksmith without moving, when you come back in game, the camera angle could place you with a closeup of his junk. Logged back in and was thinking wtf is wrong with my screen until I panned the camera abit.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:21 pm

That the Bed of Chaos has an attack where it rains down fireballs on you, I usually just die to it's arms and dodge the fire storm so I never had a chance to see it until the other day.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:23 pm

that invader thing's pretty sweet lol
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:42 pm

befowler wrote:Dying to BoC about 100 times my first playthrough left an impression, with my favorite the time it killed me with its fireblast before I even was out of the drop down chute. Seemed legit.

I do like Lost Izalith as an area though. Another fun thing about BoC is you can go through the fog gate w/o sending invaders home -- that only happens when you actually slide down. So if you really want to spread some misery, just stand around behind the fog gate and watch the lava damage numbers as invaders scour the area in vain for you.

You can do that as a Gravelord? I think you wouldn't be able to cross the fog.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:24 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    befowler wrote:Dying to BoC about 100 times my first playthrough left an impression, with my favorite the time it killed me with its fireblast before I even was out of the drop down chute. Seemed legit.

You can do that as a Gravelord? I think you wouldn't be able to cross the fog.
    he meant when you are normally invaded. Like just wandering-through-Lost-Izalith-minding-your-own-business kind of invade.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:10 pm

I just realized that they imprisoned Priscilla as a child. They somehow made her doll the key to get "drawn" in to the world.

I REALLY hope Vaati makes a Prepare To Cry video for her. It's just so sad. ;_;
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:20 pm

If you have a phantom kill the Bed of Chaos while you are standing outside she does a really cool fall/"deflate" (as my friend said) animation.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:40 am

defacto wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    ryan0wens wrote:After hundreds of hours of gameplay and even more spent scouring every page of the wiki, I have just discovered that you could zoom in with a bow :|
    I've seriously been sniping at insane distances without zooming
    It works with Binoculars as well and Hawk Ring enchances the zoom.

Didn't know this either. Mind blown.

What? oh ****, i can't believe i missed that
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:39 am

Karmic Justice does very little damage to you when using the great magic barrier spell. I suppose this is expected but I was under the assumption that Karmic Justice bypasses resistances.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:38 pm

You can access darkroot basin from the ganker forest by just jumping off a ledge. Kinda cool shortcut.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:03 pm

Ashran wrote:You can access darkroot basin from the ganker forest by just jumping off a ledge. Kinda cool shortcut.

You can also access the part of the basin where the first Frog-Ray is where you go to get the wolf ring.
    Just jump off the ledge on the right, right before you turn the last corner before seeing the bonfire/Crest door area.
    Just to be clear, its the last turn, there's a biggish rock sitting right on the corner, stand next to that rock and look down. If you don't see the Frog-Ray right away, just wait a sec and he will finish his rounds and walk into plunging attack view. twisted
    Nothing to special, but I didn't know until just the other day when I put the controller down to take a wiz, and the camera moved, which put that Frog-Ray i view. He was just begging to be stabbed in the back of the neck. He never saw it coming. Coffee!
    Dont know if most people will notice but, Im using the smiley faces above to demonstrate how it went down.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:19 pm

Just saw my bloodstain in the garden from all the way in the burg. From's attention to detail is awesome.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:30 pm

Oh_the_Humanity wrote:
    Ashran wrote:You can access darkroot basin from the ganker forest by just jumping off a ledge. Kinda cool shortcut.

You can also access the part of the basin where the first Frog-Ray is where you go to get the wolf ring.
    Just jump off the ledge on the right, right before you turn the last corner before seeing the bonfire/Crest door area.
    Just to be clear, its the last turn, there's a biggish rock sitting right on the corner, stand next to that rock and look down. If you don't see the Frog-Ray right away, just wait a sec and he will finish his rounds and walk into plunging attack view. twisted
    Nothing to special, but I didn't know until just the other day when I put the controller down to take a wiz, and the camera moved, which put that Frog-Ray i view. He was just begging to be stabbed in the back of the neck. He never saw it coming. Coffee!
    Dont know if most people will notice but, Im using the smiley faces above to demonstrate how it went down.

That's actually how I first found that area. I saw the frog-ray thing and I dropped a prism stone and then I plunged attack his unsuspecting ***.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:12 pm

densetsushun wrote:Just saw my bloodstain in the garden from all the way in the burg. From's attention to detail is awesome.

Yes. I mean Demon's Souls was a good game but how everything just fits perfectly together in Dark Souls is what made me LOVE the freaking game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:18 am