Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Argetlam350
vatar5
WyrmHero
GrinTwist
ViralEnsign_
9 posters

Full Mass Effect Trillogy Play Through

Poll

ME Trillogy Romance

[ 5 ]
    Full Mass Effect Trillogy Play Through I_vote_lcap56%Full Mass Effect Trillogy Play Through I_vote_rcap [56%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Full Mass Effect Trillogy Play Through I_vote_lcap33%Full Mass Effect Trillogy Play Through I_vote_rcap [33%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Full Mass Effect Trillogy Play Through I_vote_lcap0%Full Mass Effect Trillogy Play Through I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Full Mass Effect Trillogy Play Through I_vote_lcap0%Full Mass Effect Trillogy Play Through I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    Full Mass Effect Trillogy Play Through I_vote_lcap11%Full Mass Effect Trillogy Play Through I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 9
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Full Mass Effect Trillogy Play Through Empty Full Mass Effect Trillogy Play Through

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:25 am

Yup so Im starting my long road to ending the Reapers starting from the Origins of Shepard in Mass Effect all the way up to taking back Earth in Mass Effect 3.

Since I love the Sentinel class in ME2 and 3 I will roll one in ME as well.

If anyone has any advice on playing the Sentinel in ME (or tips on the various skills like Encryption, Electrics (or whatever) and Hacking) as well as tips about Armour and Bio Amp selection.

Also from the poll I'm leaving the Selection of my Romance option to you guys, note I'll be playing a Male Shepard who is straight, simply out of preference for Liara and Tali over other characters.

Mostly I run Paragon Playthroughs since I like to think I can save everyone but occasionally play the hardass to save the universe.

Man I love this series.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Full Mass Effect Trillogy Play Through Empty Re: Full Mass Effect Trillogy Play Through

Post by GrinTwist Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:23 am

Good luck with the run.

I haven't played through the whole series but I'd say my favorite romantic option has been Liara, I've just never cared for Tali or anyone else.
    Shrug
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Full Mass Effect Trillogy Play Through Empty Re: Full Mass Effect Trillogy Play Through

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:28 am

I would say Liara, she was my first girlfriend and by ME3 we were best friends (since I was with Tali). I like how in the end she share her memories with me, like a true friend.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:45 am

Maybe I'll play whole series again just to be with her till the end. The perfect class should be soldier or engineer/infliltrator to complement her biotics but I fell in love with the adept class in ME3 and I already played as engineer.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:46 am

Yeah Wyrm its going to be epic.

I like the Sentinel because I think its the best leader class and the kind of support class I like to play. Also the name is really epic.

I mean I essentially created my X-com squad leader to fulfill the role of a sentinel. Psionics and Tech skills are super bad ***!

I always figured that Shepard would have to have a little bit of everything to do the **** he does. Mad Tech and Hacking skills, a few Biotic Implants, and some bad *** combat skills, not to mention the capacity to be the last one standing in the field when everyone else is down.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:16 am

I was thinking about being an Vanguard since it would complement Liara's biotics for combo detonations while focusing on shooting (which I really like). However not being able to use Throw as a Vanguard in the sequels is a disappoinment, I really love hitting enemies off ledges or to the sky, looks awesome. I also like using rifles and not being able to till ME3 is disappointing as well, I really never liked shotguns. I could try and see if I like them though. Samara is the perfect adept, she really complemented me in ME2 while I was Engineer. I found out late that Garrus is f*cking awesome, he literally one shot guys if his sniper is strong enough, and has Overload for getting rid of shields quickly.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:26 am

Shotguns are incredible if you use a Vanguard, but for some reason they dont feel like the guns of heroes which is why I dont use them even though they make more sense on sentinels in ME2 and 3.

I tend to run a Power Armoured Character for my Shep and focus on massive power Damage Boosts from my Tech Armour so that Warp and Overload do incredible damage to Armour and Barriers (Tech and Biotic) respectively. Other than that I like using Heavy Pistols like the Carnifex and the Phalanx to quickly drop basic and armoured enemies while switching out to the Tempest or basic Assault Rifle when targeting shielded enemies.

As for a team I normally run Garrus and Tali and focus on Tech heavy control. Wasting Barriers is my job (what with Warp detonating Biotic Shields, and Overload working on normal Shields) while Garrus works as a secondary Overload and fulfills the role of soldier/sniper well enough, using Concussive Shot to take down my enemies, and normally either run Tali, another Overload, and use he Drone to smoke out enemies, or sometimes run a Biotic or Soldier as simple support, though I tend to stick to my normal Original ME Teams.\

In all honesty I love the Sentinel Class simply because I can make use of a variety of skills and can set myself up with Tali and Garrus for tech detonations.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:30 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Shotguns are incredible if you use a Vanguard, but for some reason they dont feel like the guns of heroes which is why I dont use them even though they make more sense on sentinels in ME2 and 3.

I tend to run a Power Armoured Character for my Shep and focus on massive power Damage Boosts from my Tech Armour so that Warp and Overload do incredible damage to Armour and Barriers (Tech and Biotic) respectively. Other than that I like using Heavy Pistols like the Carnifex and the Phalanx to quickly drop basic and armoured enemies while switching out to the Tempest or basic Assault Rifle when targeting shielded enemies.

As for a team I normally run Garrus and Tali and focus on Tech heavy control. Wasting Barriers is my job (what with Warp detonating Biotic Shields, and Overload working on normal Shields) while Garrus works as a secondary Overload and fulfills the role of soldier/sniper well enough, using Concussive Shot to take down my enemies, and normally either run Tali, another Overload, and use he Drone to smoke out enemies, or sometimes run a Biotic or Soldier as simple support, though I tend to stick to my normal Original ME Teams.\

In all honesty I love the Sentinel Class simply because I can make use of a variety of skills and can set myself up with Tali and Garrus for tech detonations.

I played whole ME3 with Garrus and Tali as well lol, very effective team.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:09 am

Pfft Vanguard > all

Nothing surpass the feeling when you run into a pack of ennemis and knock'em down like a baws 8)

Anyway,I would recommend Tali. :p
    When she suicided because I wanted(I don't know in which tense to put "want" >_< ) the geth to remain... sad

Good luck soldier!

PS:Just thought about it,anyone interested in ME3 coop?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:19 am

Damn you Viral I just started whole trilogy playthrough as a Vanguard. :x

And I thought I wouldn't play this again.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:39 am

I still think Vanguard it too flimsy for my tastes.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:45 pm

Tali all the way. XD

I've tried to go into other romances but I always whind up back on Tali. They just don't seem as appealing for some odd reason to me.

As for class, I don't know, I was always a soldier class.
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:06 pm

Liara all the way. And I mean ALL the way. ;D
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:43 am

Hmmm well these are the scenarios

1. Romance Liara throughout the three games.

2.) Romance Ash throughout the first but have her die at Virmire then take on Tali as the primary romance as Liara is the Shadow Broker in ME2 and mourned Shepards loss.

3.) Romance Liara in ME then in ME 2 romance Tali as she an Shepard had a falling out due to her mourning his death.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:51 am

Romancing Kelly is the most difficult one since Bioware pretty much wants her dead lol. How about romance Liara, break in ME2, go with Miranda or Jack then go with Liara again in ME3.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:54 am

MIRANDA!?! NEVER MENTION THAT WHORES NAME IN THIS THREAD!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 am

You have her on the poll + she's hot. ME2 romance would be like crazy Shepard in despair of his 2 years death, he goes with whichever **** he wants.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:32 am

Hmmm well I put everyone on the poll.....

To me Miranda feels like a weak add on character rather than a mainstay.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:42 am

Rex, Rex needs to be on that poll right now.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:05 am

NO KROGAN BALLS!
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:09 am

F*cking Aslan. That is who you want to seduce, I can feel the sexual tension between you two.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:23 am

I've played first ME on Xbox and the other two on PS3. I was thinking of getting the Trilogy, but I remember the games quite well, so maybe when my memory will decide to delete them. :|

I guess I am a boring ME player. Default face and name, Male, Earthborn, War Hero, Soldier class, romanced Liara.

I picked the Soldier to use as many weapons as possible and I was VERY glad I did this when I played on the hardest difficulty. I was dissatisfied with the powers. The stunts that the characters pull out in cutscenes is cool, but what they do in actual combat is worthless to me, especially Biotics. So I went with weapons all the way and Rambo the whole Galaxy. Since AI can't aim, it went suprisingly well.

I romanced Liara simply because I didn't like Ashley, she's too macho for my likes and there was no other option in first ME. I saw no reason to bother romancing someone else and I was kinda afraid that Liara will use her Biotics to crush my jewelry if I did.

Second ME brought Jack, Tali and Miranda. Jack is a nutcase who just wants to f*ck my brains out (wait...perfect woman?!), Miranda cares about Shepard's pedigree more than his massive interstellar di...plomacy and Tali is like a kid. When I tried romancing her, I felt like a Pedobear, or something. Also, with the spare time I got after completing the game, the poor girl would die being outside her suit all that time. Oh, I forgot Samara...well I couldn't persuade her to undress no matter what, so I don't count her as a romancing option.
    Morinth was much better. She was like Jack, she also wanted to f*ck my brains out. Literally.
    Kelly was fine, but I talked to her only to make her feed my fishes.
    Sex was a fine bonus to the room services. cheers

Third ME got Diana and Samantha. I was dissapoint. Moar aliens!
    I was polishing my M-6 Carnifex Hand Cannon for Aria, but nothing. sad
    I really wanted to romance EDI (I even bought a pack of vaseline and a drill). You don't get a chance to f*ck your own starship everyday.
    But noooooooo, she likes Joker. Goddamnit, why does the guy named Joker always gets the girl I have hots for?! Just you wait you smileyfaced freak, Quinn will be mine! twisted
    Ehm!
    That's all I think...

Tolvo wrote:Wrex and Grunt needs to be on that poll right now.
    Here, I fixed it for you. lol!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:33 am

No, "Grunt with Wrex" needs to be on that poll.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:27 pm

LMAOOOOO EDI!!!!!!!
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:52 pm

Pfft.
    We all know you want Siri.

Aigis is also a romance option in Persona 3:FES even if she's an android.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:07 pm