Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Onion Knight
BIG TIME MASTER
Mr. Tart
Sloth9230
GrinTwist
aceluby
befowler
SlakeMoth
RANT
raecor14
Argetlam350
skarekrow13
Tolvo
steveswede
Alara78
Kuragari
Ashran
Sentiel
Hue
yajnaji
densetsushun
25 posters

Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing Empty Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

Post by densetsushun Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:37 am

As the title states, which is the worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing?

I can't remember any bad games past this gen, so I'd have to go with Virtua Fighter 5. I have no idea why people like this gem, it's so bad it should be declared legally stupid.

After finally finishing the game, Assassin's Creed 3 comes in at a close second.
    yajnaji
    yajnaji

Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing Empty Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

Post by yajnaji Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:41 am

D3, not much for being (that) bad per se, but for being biggest disappointment... ever.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing Empty Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

Post by densetsushun Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:43 am

Whoops, I could've sworn I posted this to off-topic :x

Can a mod or admin move this thread?
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:43 am

yajnaji wrote:D3, not much for being (that) bad per se, but for being biggest disappointment... ever.
    I've heard the same tale from a lot of people, luckily I don't have a computer powerful enough to put myself through that.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:44 am

Assassin's Creed 3
    Call of Duty Black Ops
    All post-Carbon Need for Speed games
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:48 am

Hachouma wrote:Assassin's Creed 3
    Call of Duty Black Ops
    All post-Carbon Need for Speed games
    I've stayed far away from all the CoD's and the BF, they're all generic cookie cutter shooters to me anyway. I have tons of friends with them and seen them play them, haven't been proven wrong yet.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:49 am

All God of War games
    All post 3 Call of Duty games
    All post 1/CE Halo games
    All post Carbon Need for Speed games
    All post X Final Fantasy games
    And there's MORE!

How can I choose just one game, when the publishers keep throwing :dung: like this at me?

EDIT:
    I can feel the downvotes coming. :pale:
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:54 am

Sentiel wrote:All God of War games
    All post 1/CE Halo games
    And there's MORE!

How can I choose just one game, when the publishers keep throwing :dung: like this at me?

EDIT:
    Huh, hadn't expected GoW in that list. I disagree with the Halo part, but then again I've only played the story till 2 and multiplayer in 3. My girlfriend seems to agree with you on FF, save for Dissidia and Crisis Core.

Last edited by densetsushun on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:58 am

Crysis 2. What a :dung:
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:16 am

densetsushun wrote:
    All post 1/CE Halo games
    And there's MORE!

EDIT:
    Huh, hadn't expected GoW in that list. I disagree with the Halo part, but then again I've only played the story till 2 and multiplayer in 3. My girlfriend seems to agree with you on FF, save for Dissidia and Crisis Core.
    GoWs are too violent for me. Nothing against violence (I even liked Manhunt), but it's over the top there, pointless and unnescesary.
    If I remember correctly, I saved some girl in GoW III, protected her against harm and guided her to a destination, where Kratos just threw her into some cogs, to make them stop so he could proceed. There were dozens of enemies he could use instead, but he slaughters the girl instead. Turned it off.

I've played Halo for years. I was very good at it too. I loved the great story and simplicity of the first Halo (I only needed Pistol and Sniper Rifle). The multiplayer was a LOT more about skill than anything else and I loved it VERY much. Ever since they nerfed the Pistol it went under. Halo 2 had a terrible story and weapons, although I liked the Sword. With Halo 3 there was just too much stuff and weapons to care, although the story was better and Halo 4 just made it a CoD in the future.

Dissidia is good, so is Crisis Core, but I was refering to the canon ones, with numbers, like XII and XIII (not even counting XIII-2 and online ones). I thought X-2 sucked, but it's a jewel when compared against those. Also, I would actually like Dissidia and CC more if they were on PS3. I've bought PSP only to play a few great games, with CC in the lead and sold it afterwards. I don't like playing long, story based and emotive games on a handheld anymore.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:21 am

Sentiel wrote:
    Dissidia is good, so is Crisis Core, but I was refering to the canon ones, with numbers, like XII and XIII (not even counting XIII-2). I thought X-2 sucked, but it's a jewel when compared to those. Also, would actually like Dissidia more if it was on PS3. I've bought PSP only to play a few great games, with CC in the lead and sold it afterwards.
    Yeah, I played Dissidia and Crisis Core back when it came out on a friend's PSP and loved those two games, recently got a PSP for those two, IV Complete Collection and Tactics.

Definitely agree with Dissidia needing to be on the PS3, imagine how much they could revamp the engine and make it look like AC(Advent Children, not Assassin's Creed silly). The multiplayer would be a lot more viable as well with a proper matchmaking system.

I'm not even gonna bother with XIII and XIII-2, watched my girlfriend play them and they seem so bad I don't even. The other numbered entries are all MMO's if I'm not mistaken, right? I don't need a FF themed MMO, and I don't need to subscribe to play for a game I paid for.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:50 am

densetsushun wrote:Yeah, I played Dissidia and Crisis Core back when it came out on a friend's PSP and loved those two games, recently got a PSP for those two, IV Complete Collection and Tactics.

Definitely agree with Dissidia needing to be on the PS3, imagine how much they could revamp the engine and make it look like AC(Advent Children, not Assassin's Creed silly). The multiplayer would be a lot more viable as well with a proper matchmaking system.

I'm not even gonna bother with XIII and XIII-2, watched my girlfriend play them and they seem so bad I don't even. The other numbered entries are all MMO's if I'm not mistaken, right? I don't need a FF themed MMO, and I don't need to subscribe to play for a game I paid for.
    I've played the trailers for XIII-2 and XIII-3 to my lady. She watched it and commented that it has pretty :dung: graphics. Then the FF sign appeared and I quote:
    "Is this a joke?! THIS **** IS WHAT THEY MADE FF INTO?!"
    I'm like, calm down girl, you're raging harder than me. lol

She isn't much of a gamer. She finished FF VII-X, some Breath of Fire and Suikoden games, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Okami, and some funky games like Loco Roco, Katamari etc.
    (Basically all of my games that I kept for their epicness)
    She's currently playing Heavy Rain. However she finished Dark Souls three times and started learning PvP and is in the middle of Demon's Souls, but dropped it for Heavy Rain. So as you can see, she's not a hardcore gamer, or anything, and still, she can see the :dung: in most of today's games.

I hope Ni no Kuni will save me from all of this...
    Kuragari
    Kuragari
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kuragari Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:29 am

are you on crack?

i've never played the cod games, there's plenty of shooters out there and i'm not sure why everyone loves them so much, there's more cod games then halo games...there's probley more cod games then the final fantasy games...

EDIT: god of war is one of the best greek mytholigy games i've seen, excellent game. it should be dark and gritty.

Last edited by Kuragari on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    Alara78
    Alara78
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Alara78 Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:30 am

E.T. on the Atari 2600

Back in those days you had no idea how good or bad a game was untill you played it.
    I can still remember getting this piece of sh*t for my 9th birthday.
    Stopped playing after about 20 minutes because it didn't make any sense.

Decades later it's considered one, if not THE worst videogame in history happy

Thanks mom and dad for getting me this game!
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:38 am

Kuragari wrote:

are you on crack?
    Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing 3ojjlr

Kuragari wrote:
    there's probley more cod games then the final fantasy games...
    Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing Tumblr_m3qi05XNdY1ruoy68o1_500
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:40 am

If people think these games listed here are the worst they have ever played then they really should check out this piece of sh!t I had the privilege of playing.

I have absolutely no idea what persisted me to keep playing it, I guess I wanted to get the most out of it. My scars run deep with this one, there was a lot of rage from me playing this and I had every right to, the controls are just bullsh!t.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:16 am

Well the first Bubsy Game comes to mind, as well I've beaten Super-Man 64. There is also Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, and Assassin's Creed 2. Pretty much every Final Fantasy game I've played(Crystal Chronicles I actually enjoyed), Mass Effect 1-3. Any Racing Game that wasn't Cruisin' in the USA, Rush, or Mario Kart. Then again, I just don't like Racing Games. Metroid Other: M, and Marvel Versus Capcom 3. But I think that's more so that I just don't like the controls for the last one.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:21 am

Hmmmm......

The Death and Return of Superman for Super Nintendo. A friend and I rented this back when renting games was a thing. The place we got it from did a week at a time so you'd have a decent shot at beating the rented game. Anyway, I think we had just finished the Lord of the Rings on Super Nintendo (which took a few rentals) and were pretty psyched to be playing a new game. Roughly 30 minutes later and we wondered why we'd need a week for this POS.

Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:50 am

Skyrim

Dragon Age 2

Playstation Allstars

Every Halo game after Halo 3

Okay before the downvotes come let me explain. There's no denying Skyrim has an awesome open world but to me, it was way to repetitive. The thought of fighting dragons sounds awesome at first but in this game it seems so repetitive and so bland. Hated the story, and just could never get into this game and I bought the game just because everyone was saying how awesome it was. I just can't see what makes the game awesome besides the mods I see for the game on PC.

As for Dragon Age 2, well if you've played it you know why. It was such a major step backwards for the series.

Playstation Allstars has by far the worst balancing issues in a game for the online. You usually only run into five characters on the online portion of the game and the online community is full of pricks. I would even go as far to say that the online community is worst then that of CoD.

Halo ODST, Halo Reach, and Halo 4. I hated everything with Halo ODST. Halo Reach had a good story but the multiplayer I had no care for and Halo 4, to much copying of CoD in some areas, plus I feel they are only continuing the series for money. I didn't mind Halo 4's story but I had not as much interest as the first three games. It just isn't appealing anymore to me.

Yeah I can see downreps imminate at least I hope not but when you put some of the big names up you worry about it. sad
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:51 am

Hey, this is a thread for the people to complain about games they don't like. Plus it's off topic, downvotes don't matter.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:54 am

What Tolvo said. Plus, I haven't played Dragon Age 2 but if it's a backstep for the series....WOW! I hated the first one.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:54 am

Argetlam350 wrote:Playstation Allstars has by far the worst balancing issues in a game for the online. You usually only run into five characters on the online portion of the game and the online community is full of pricks. I would even go as far to say that the online community is worst then that of CoD.
    Holy fundle!

I loved SSBB for Wii and anticipated AllStars to be epic game. I got a bit dissapointed when I saw the character list, but I always thought that you can't ruin a game like this, especially since it's copying another game.

Sony fail again.

I can't imagine a community worse than the CoD one.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:06 pm

...i i loved DA:2 and for me it is.............. ANY GAME CALLED FINAL FANTICY
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:09 pm

And of Course, every Kingdom Hearts.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:09 pm

raecor14 wrote:...i i loved DA:2 and for me it is.............. ANY GAME CALLED FINAL FANTICY
    I loved Merrill.
    Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing 300_2270082

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:51 pm