Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Onion Knight
BIG TIME MASTER
Mr. Tart
Sloth9230
GrinTwist
aceluby
befowler
SlakeMoth
RANT
raecor14
Argetlam350
skarekrow13
Tolvo
steveswede
Alara78
Kuragari
Ashran
Sentiel
Hue
yajnaji
densetsushun
25 posters

Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing - Page 3 Empty Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:09 am

densetsushun wrote:Custom edition is basically Combat Evolved but modded for multiplayer only, it's pretty awesome. Any computer that can handle Halo(read, 10 years old) can handle it.

The only reason PS3 doesn't get games like that is because it's a core brand for Microsoft's Xbox brand. Microsoft owns Halo and makes a :dung: ton of money off it, Xbox is almost synonymous to Halo for those who don't know better. It's just bad marketing to port it to the PS3, even if it means you get a tiny bit more sales of the game.
    Ah yeah I had that. Just thought that CE was Combat Evolved, but I had the Custom Edition as well. It was fun. I even made some skins on my weapons. Nice touch. big grin

Anyway, I still don't have a computer, nor do I want one. If you might be wondering, I'm currently in work and I've also played Halo on PC in work. If I get here from home, it's from PS3. big grin
    I'm not a hipster, I'm just poor. 😢

Anyway, I know Halo history, just like I know that if it wasn't for Halo, chances are, there wouldn't be an Xbox 360 right now, because the first Xbox was on the verge of oblivion, but Halo saved it's butt.

It's just that MGS was a PS trademark game, so when they announced HD remakes for 360, I expected the same from Microsoft. Fail, I know, but wishfull thinking is all I've got left...
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing - Page 3 Empty Re: Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing

Post by raecor14 Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:32 am

Mr. Tart wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:All God of War games
    All post 3 Call of Duty games
    All post 1/CE Halo games
    All post Carbon Need for Speed games
    All post X Final Fantasy games
    And there's MORE!

How can I choose just one game, when the publishers keep throwing Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing - Page 3 2324285107 like this at me?

EDIT:
    I can feel the downvotes coming. :pale:

What's so bad about Halo? :|
    Won't downvote you for stating your opinion though.
    On-topic: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Never have i hated a game so much before. This game... this f*cking game. I can't even talk about it without feeling the frustration and hatred boiling inside of me.
    WAIT DID YOU SAY GOD OF WAR! now the second 2 where **** but the first one was pretty freaking awesome, and the other too where fun but where just lacking in story....lacking.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:42 am

raecor14 wrote:
    WAIT DID YOU SAY GOD OF WAR! now the second 2 where **** but the first one was pretty freaking awesome, and the other too where fun but where just lacking in story....lacking.
    Too much unnecessary violence in the whole series for my likes.
    It's not that I dislike violence in video games in general, but there's mostly no reason for it in GoW.
    I'm the type of player, that never enjoyed doing random massacres in GTA, for example.

First GoW was actually good when it comes to story. Still too violent to get likes from me.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:16 am

Sentiel wrote:
    I'm not a hipster, I'm just poor. 😢
    Worst game you've ever had the displeasure of playing - Page 3 I-know-that-feel-bro
    I'm still using a 5-6 year old laptop because of my lack of funds.
    Sentiel wrote:
    Anyway, I know Halo history, just like I know that if it wasn't for Halo, chances are, there wouldn't be an Xbox 360 right now, because the first Xbox was on the verge of oblivion, but Halo saved it's butt.

It's just that MGS was a PS trademark game, so when they announced HD remakes for 360, I expected the same from Microsoft. Fail, I know, but wishfull thinking is all I've got left...
    Yeah, I get the wishful thinking, but remember that Combat Evolved was supposed to be a Mac exclusive and the game to launch its prominence in gaming as well, until M$ bought Bungie and decided to make it an Xbox/PC exclusive. I'm still rather miffed that they decided to use Halo 3(and subsequent games) to launch the 360 into prominence, they really screwed over PC gamers who wanted to play the games.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:25 am

Yeah I remember Halo 2. Vista only.
    Better buy Xbox then. big grin

densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:27 am

Hah, thankfully XP patches exist silly(though I'm not sure if they're community made or if Microsoft decided they bit themselves in the rear for that decision).
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:29 am

Sentiel wrote:
    raecor14 wrote:
    It's not that I dislike violence in video games in general, but there's mostly no reason for it in GoW.
    I'm the type of player, that never enjoyed doing random massacres in GTA, for example.

First GoW was actually good when it comes to story. Still too violent to get likes from me.
    oh, well i get that, but i think that was the point, he was pissed.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:33 am

raecor14 wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    raecor14 wrote:

Not like he has a reason. He's the source of all the violence and killing in the whole series. Kratos is a glorified madman and cold blooded mass murderer of anything living in his vicinity AND he wears sandals.
    Not my type of hero. I hate open footwear.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:41 am

Sentiel wrote:
    raecor14 wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    raecor14 wrote:

Not like he has a reason. He's the source of all the violence and killing in the whole series. Kratos is a glorified madman and cold blooded mass murderer of anything living in his vicinity AND he wears sandals.
    Not my type of hero. I hate open footwear.
    thats not entirely true, in the first one hes after aries, but hades and other gods send their minions to try and stop him, kratos being the reasonable man he is with no iver reactons kindl thanks them with a sword to the face, chest, hand, testicals.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:48 am

raecor14 wrote:thats not entirely true, in the first one hes after aries, but hades and other gods send their minions to try and stop him, kratos being the reasonable man he is with no iver reactons kindl thanks them with a sword to the face, chest, hand, testicals.
    He wants Ares' nut :mask-sack: only because he blames Ares for killing his family, while it was all Kratos' doing, for forging a pact with a God, infamous for doing this kind of :dung: .
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:16 am

raecor14 wrote:WAIT DID YOU SAY GOD OF WAR! now the second 2 where **** but the first one was pretty freaking awesome, and the other too where fun but where just lacking in story....lacking.

Well each GOW has it's pro's and con's. GOW2 is my personal favorite as it had the best cyclops and minotaur finishers, best magic collection, golden fleece was amazingly effective (in GOW3 it was toned down) and best additional weapons (barbarian hammer is incredibly good and titan mode essential). The time mechanic was a nice addition for puzzles, plenty of varied environments and just the right amount of bosses for it's content. GOW1 has the best puzzles and is the only one that gives a real sense of adventure (Pandora's temple) which I think a lot of people are fond of the most in a GOW game. GOW3 had the best combat system, the moveset of the blades were greatly improved, same with climbing attacks and the way the bow, Helios head and Hermes boots work is fantastic. The QTE in GOW3 while the best with the button icons moving to the side instead of it being in the middle, were fcuked up by slowing down the action. It's one of the few cases where something evolved and devolved at the same time.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:47 am

Assassins Creed III- like watching a painfully cheesy movie that takes itself way to seriously

Ghost Recon Future Soldier- not a Ghost Recon game, embarrassing to the franchise

Halo 4 single player- felt like it was designed for thirteen year boys, story and characters were just embarrassing
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:07 am

BIG TIME MASTER wrote:Assassins Creed III- like watching a painfully cheesy movie that takes itself way to seriously
    WHY IS CONNOR SUCH AN EXTREMELY BORING CHARACTER?
    Spoiler:

:mask-father:
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:10 am

BIG TIME MASTER wrote:Assassins Creed III- like watching a painfully cheesy movie that takes itself way to seriously

Ghost Recon Future Soldier- not a Ghost Recon game, embarrassing to the franchise

Halo 4 single player- felt like it was designed for thirteen year boys, story and characters were just embarrassing
    I think I know what you mean. lol!

Spoiler:
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:21 am

Sentiel wrote:

Spoiler:
    Wait, you mean not everyone wants to do Cortana? Shrug
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:23 am

densetsushun wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:

Spoiler:
    I certainly do, but she has some serious USB slot protection.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:28 am

Sentiel wrote:
    densetsushun wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:

Spoiler:
    Maybe you need to find the right Activation Index Shrug
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:29 am

densetsushun wrote:
    Spoiler:

"Well let's see, so I'm supposed to hate his father as I play since he's a Templar...

Wait a second...When I played as his father I was a really nice guy, and I got penalized for killing civilians. WHO DO YOU WANT ME TO HATE UBISOFT!"
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:32 am

Tolvo wrote:
    densetsushun wrote:
    Spoiler:

"Well let's see, so I'm supposed to hate his father as I play since he's a Templar...

Wait a second...When I played as his father I was a really nice guy, and I got penalized for killing civilians. WHO DO YOU WANT ME TO HATE UBISOFT!"
    I know, and his sharp wit, honor and class makes him the PERFECT protagonist for 3. WELL :dung: UBI, YOU COULD'VE DONE WITH HIM INSTEAD.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:32 am

densetsushun wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    densetsushun wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:

Spoiler:
    Maybe you need to find the right Activation Index Shrug
    I might need something better than that, because I was reffering to this guy.

Spoiler:
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:40 am

Sentiel wrote:
    I might need something better than that, because I was reffering to this guy.

Spoiler:
    Then we're out of luck Prostration
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:28 pm

Tolvo wrote:The Fable series.

I didn't like them either. Hey Tolvo, why are you using my face as an avatar pic?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:32 pm

Because I took a picture that came out fairly decent. Sorry Slake, should have warned you ahead of time I was taking that picture.

Man, now I'm just imagining a situation in which a guy took a picture of his friend, then taped it to his face and has been walking around like that when suddenly they notice.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:01 pm

The worst games I have ever played (due to the crushing disappointment):

White Knight Chronicles.
    Deus EX: Invisible War.
    Red Faction:Armageddon.
    Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly.
    Battlefield 3.
    Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
    Empire Total War.
    Diablo III.
    Dragon Age II.
    Star Wars: The Old Republic.

I have another list for the actual worst games (that would take up several pages) , but these are the ones that hurt the most for me as a gamer and as a fan for these series of games or developers.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:07 pm

Onion Knight wrote:The worst games I have ever played (due to the crushing disappointment):

White Knight Chronicles.
    Ouch, I was thinking of trying it out as I need a good JRPG. Is there any one of them that's worth trying out?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:31 am