Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
T-King-667
Tolvo
densetsushun
Onion Knight
DemonOfFate
Strafe
BIG TIME MASTER
11 posters

Bought a PS3 for this game, Blind play through in progress

Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Bought a PS3 for this game, Blind play through in progress - Page 3 Empty Re: Bought a PS3 for this game, Blind play through in progress

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:13 pm

A'hh yes Garl Vinland, making Leeroy look like a joke since 09.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Bought a PS3 for this game, Blind play through in progress - Page 3 Empty Re: Bought a PS3 for this game, Blind play through in progress

Post by densetsushun Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:44 pm

Garl Vinland is so bamf.

Spoiler:

Patches is the dude that kicked you down the hole where Saint Urbain(priest guy) was, afterwards he moves to the Nexus in the middle of the first set of stairs. The lady that tells you to kill NPC's only tells you to do so for the ones who are alive, so Patches should be somewhere. Maybe you need to go back to 2-2 Shrine of Storms and talk to him.

Last edited by densetsushun on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:06 pm

Don't spoil things for him Den!
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:02 pm

Tolvo wrote:Don't spoil things for him Den!
    But he already missed that part sad Put spoiler tags around it anyway.
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:05 am

This has been a great read. It takes my back to my first play through. I wish I could do it again...
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:52 am

I'm glad!

Unfortunately I have 24 hours of work coming up, so I will be anxiously awaiting the big finale on Thursday after I sleep.

About Patches, I must have did things out of context, because I never got kicked into that hole. I don't remember now, but I must have jumped down there early. I have combed the Nexus periodically after each major demon slaying but I never saw him.

I am going to keep my second playthrough blind (no online help at least), though I have looked up how the upgrades work. It certainly is more intensive, but I'm not complaining about DKS streamlined system. It seems that your weapon in DS will kind of lock you into a character build, especially since getting the shards takes so much grinding. For instance, if I am grinding forever to take my falchion on a dex path (bladestone I think?) I am pretty much locked into dex after that. Am I right?

DS weapon upgrade system seems to take more forethought.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:28 am

I suppose you can say it locks you in yeah, at least, you need to really consider what path you want it to be on.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:41 pm

I just started NG+.

Am I understanding this correctly? After I unlock the five archstones after killing the phalanx, if I just slay one archedemon I can then go to face the final boss, and basically advance to the next NG?
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:50 pm

BIG TIME MASTER wrote:I just started NG+.

Am I understanding this correctly? After I unlock the five archstones after killing the phalanx, if I just slay one archedemon I can then go to face the final boss, and basically advance to the next NG?
    I'm not sure you can get the maiden to lull the Old One to sleep and thus enter NG+. I'm not sure though, I could be wrong.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:52 pm

No, but you can access 1-3. Still need to kill all arc-demons for final boss.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:09 pm

I see. I didn't think so.

The Dull Gold Armor for females is awesome, as well as the armor you get from killing that Bior fellow. Demons Souls has some great armors.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:14 pm

BIG TIME MASTER wrote:I see. I didn't think so.

The Dull Gold Armor for females is awesome, as well as the armor you get from killing that Bior fellow. Demons Souls has some great armors.
    I love the DeS armor, but I'm so glad From got rid of gender based armor for DkS, I hated not being able to just pick up and wear awesome female armor(or male for female characters).

They need to bring out something like Yurt's armor for DkS2.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:20 pm

Yeah, it is annoying when I find a cool looking armor but I can't wear it, so then when I load my other character I can't remember where it was. I died in that festering swamp several times trying to find that slug that gave me the dull gold armor. It was so tiresome trudging through there over and over.

Yurts armor is awesome too. In fact, I think I really like all of the metal armors in DES. The saints armors are good too.

Overall, I am much more pleased with the look and feel of DES compared to DKS. DES has a deep character, and a very medieval feel to it. Not that I didn't like DKS, but it doesn't seem as focused by comparison. Maybe just me. I ain't smart enough to describe exactly what I mean here, but I just like DES look more.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:25 pm

I think DeS has a more Gothic feel to it, you see it represented in both the dark tones of the game and the architecture, yet DeS characters aren't quick to have a dark story, they seem to have no character growth. DkS seems to be a lot less diverse in level building but I think that has to do with the limitations of making an open world. You notice this with the huge contrast between Anor Londo and the rest of Lordran. The characters also all have some form of character growth/development, whether the character "changes" in personality, hollow, or turn on you(Thanks for cutting out Shiva's storyline From sad).
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:37 pm

Yeah, DKS characters are way more interesting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:11 pm