Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+107
nativefist420
billy_bayonet
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Cronotis
sicktwist
grossemesser
zen_master6
WaLKA
iiSnipe
TheVagabond
Madrave
Jiub of Carim
testspecimen85
Cabjoy
Killamari
Xhepher
crbngville2
KusaiCharlz
kalsyum
topsen
Dessembrae
GrEeNgObLiN
JustcallmeSoul
ChillerHR
Bigbrodeur
Relbaic
Casdman
TheShadow Witch
ManiacDiscord
Rudmed
Frostacar
fujiphoenix
Chimcha
gmwdim
CrackSouls
VaanVoid
lordgodofhell
roanispe
amaro57
FinPeku
wolfboy
johnnyjwa
sure-magicians
Reaperfan
xtal84
Sevans
Demon Slayer
Mobfather187
Avenger649
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
DemonRider909
befowler
Acarnatia
dantheman123
vixder/pennywise
BagerX2
Al1000
Murkulanvippi
LanceForLife
GrinTwist
IceIfrit666
Myztyrio
DoughGuy
densetsushun
jaythibodeau
tinypantha
Red Rosie
RePaused
Oh_the_Humanity
theznake
Serious_Much
Hydreigon11
kaa0skrisse
Spurgun
ChizFreak
EeAyEss
Jester's Tears
Baal-Avatar
Walter_White
bunnywink
robsthedon
Ashran
TehInfamousAmos
User1
Sentiel
Ahhotep1
reim0027
drmuto
Icegodzilla
hey its andres
KingSeekerCow
Yukon
ViralEnsign_
twilightwarwolf
WyrmHero
Garl_Vinland
BLA1NE
Steel Dragon74
RANT
Ghadis_God
Soris Ice Goldwing
Rifter7
FexDS
Carphil
Tolvo
The Letter X
Emergence
111 posters

EVENT: Ceaseless Assault - Feb 9, 2013 7PM EST - PS3 + Xbox + PC

zen_master6

EVENT: Ceaseless Assault - Feb 9, 2013 7PM EST - PS3 + Xbox + PC - Page 24 Empty Re: EVENT: Ceaseless Assault - Feb 9, 2013 7PM EST - PS3 + Xbox + PC

Post by zen_master6 Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:18 pm

i was worried that there would be many fake hosts trying to gank us, but i only saw this once. i was summoned once and a white phantom and the host was trying to turtle me. but i quickly killed them with my shotel, and i think they gave up after that.
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

EVENT: Ceaseless Assault - Feb 9, 2013 7PM EST - PS3 + Xbox + PC - Page 24 Empty Re: EVENT: Ceaseless Assault - Feb 9, 2013 7PM EST - PS3 + Xbox + PC

Post by tinypantha Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:34 pm

Hmm PSN sounds like it had a good turnout... but meh, I will have my video for XBL up soon. Maybe Today? It is currently at 50% with 1 hour and 28 mins passed...
    testspecimen85
    testspecimen85
    Casual
    Casual

Post by testspecimen85 Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:49 pm

This is the build I was using. I want to apologize to those of you who felt my Claymore, Hand Axe, Black Flame, 65 poise and MoM were cheap. The build was supposed to be "retro" (i.e. the kind of build that would gank in the forest pre-patch) but I think people just thought I was being a ****. I'd also like to say sorry to Native-Fist-420 specifically because I think things got heated towards the end of the evening (I swear we must have dueled like 10-15 times. Loved that double Claw build). Even though my build was effective, I just sort of left feeling guilty.

Anyway, next time I'll bring one of my more original builds.

Oh, and to Reekidree: Your build was the best of the evening IMO. Great duels with you.

And to CrackSouls: We had some epic duels--like, sliver of life left for both of us kind of duels--and even if you ended up coming up on top most of the time, they were memorable.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:06 pm

And to CrackSouls: We had some epic duels--like, sliver of life left for both of us kind of duels--and even if you ended up coming up on top most of the time, they were memorable.
    Thanks Test, I'm glad to see you've improved greatly since we first fought at Painted World! I'm making a new SL55, if you want to give it a shot let me know! It's fun 'cause you dueled me so much you know all my tricks, so I have to think up new ones.

Here's the build I was using.
    Swap out Cloranthy Ring for Red Tearstone, Wolf's, and sometimes others in certain situations.
    xtal84
    xtal84
    Regular
    Regular

Post by xtal84 Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:23 pm

sicktwist wrote:Who was using the magic buffed claw that beat me and my charcoal resin estoc? I remember it being a pretty good fight...

You and nativefist420 had a pretty entertaining duel there. Someone else had a pretty good streak while I hosted, about 8 wins out of 10 matches.. I believe named Ajax1904. And not sure who illidelph is, but props to him for continually putting his sign down despite winning only 1 of about 15 duels.
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:24 pm

Oh_the_Humanity wrote:
    I agree, 55 it a perfect number, I like how it was almost 100% melee, my favorite btw. It really let everyone's true skills shine, I thought.

I played with a pure caster. After getting a couple of HCSM kills other people started complaining and I switched to melee with no str/dex and got slaughtered, lol.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:29 pm

Your HCSM lagged a bit for me. I dodged it, but got hit by invisible masses. Maybe that's why people complained? Otherwise I see no reason to complain about homing soulmass--so easy to dodge! But a lot of things were lagging for me last night... maybe it was me. My point is I see nothing wrong with a pure caster build at SL55, and I'd have fun fighting it (under normal lag conditions).
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:32 pm

For every lag-induced HCSM kill I get, I get at least one lag-induced backstab death, so I think it's fair. I hope people were more frustrated with the lag than they were with my tactics (and yes HCSM is really easy to dodge, but I'm working on setting it up with other moves to make it harder to dodge).
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:36 pm

The trick is to set it off when you want to. Face away from your opponent (ideally to the side, not your back!) and when your opponent is at the desired range then face him. Even better if you roll toward him. Learn the ideal range to roll toward him at, and it'll be very difficult to dodge. Or you could use the HCSM as a distraction to land another spell or melee attack.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:37 pm

I do also remember my final battle, I'm trying to remember who it was in my world. The Paladin set with a Darksword.

All I remember was it was my only battle of the night since I had to go, and my connection started to tank. So we were just teleporting everywhere. It basically turned into us just rolling like crazy and mashing R1 at anything since we'd just zip around the arena every other second. It was quite hilarious, and then I died. sad
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:00 pm

gmwdim wrote:
    Oh_the_Humanity wrote:
    I agree, 55 it a perfect number, I like how it was almost 100% melee, my favorite btw. It really let everyone's true skills shine, I thought.

I played with a pure caster. After getting a couple of HCSM kills other people started complaining and I switched to melee with no str/dex and got slaughtered, lol.

I think I may have fought you. I remember bowing, then getting one shot'ed
    by HCSM or a SS and thinking to myself, I hope there isn't to many more of them. :pale: It was the only encounter like that all night. big grin
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:00 pm

Do any of you have any idea when the next event might be?(although I'm betting that it'll probably be a month or so from now...) I am already wanting to make a few new builds for something. big grin
    sicktwist
    sicktwist

Post by sicktwist Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:44 pm

There's another event listed here: https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t17915-dark-souls-mortal-combat-event

There's no date yet, but I'm sure if the interest picks up a date will follow. I put my name down to attend and I will be patiently waiting more events like this.
    Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Murkulanvippi Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:21 am

jaythibodeau wrote:Do any of you have any idea when the next event might be?(although I'm betting that it'll probably be a month or so from now...) I am already wanting to make a few new builds for something. big grin

Jay you and everybody else should check out covenant section for Guerrilla event next saturday. It's a little bit different type of event but I guarentee, it's loads of fun. Everyone is welcome to join, so go check it out.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:51 am

We'll get another Wiki official one going soon enough! We like to give enough time between events to keep them special but not too much that it gets forgotten. We also like to take the proper time to craft a nice design and concept too, to make things memorable.
    Warliche

Post by Warliche Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:44 am

First, thank you very much to all the organizers, the hosts and the guys I dueled with during the event. That has been a really awesome night of gaming happy .

After that I'd ask you a question. What are the most common Soul Level formats for events?
    Ceaseless Assault has been awesome and I'm looking forward to take part in future events, so I'll better start doing my builds for other formats!!!
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:17 am

Emergence wrote:I got to host some great fights, it was fun to see the variety in builds we had, people really went for it with creativity. Mildred, Xanthous, Havel cosplay, claws, whips, hammers, the freaking Drake Sword lol, dragon form, shield wielding, mura, and the freaking Drake Sword silly

I did get to bring the Hammer down once to reinforce arena boundaries lol. Mind you, I did take warning pounds prior to bringing the pain!
    FinPeku was OP with Drake Sword. I fought against that build only once and fataly underestimated the player's skill. Damn!

Ah, so that's what you were doing.
    You see me and all the host that summoned me didn't care much about where the fight goes on. Most hosts, me included just backed away to the fog gate and watched. I tried to avoid that ring, because my strategy was to throw items to bait a running R1 into parry. It was mostly for fun, until I got spear poked in the ring. After one riposte, my opponent brought Demon's Spear and poked me from behind that circular platform in the middle, which is hard to go through, so you have to circle around. Still...spear against dual wielding Shotel is kind of meh...

Anyway, you could've messaged me to stay in the ring. That hammer of yours really freked me out. big grin
    Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Murkulanvippi Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:49 am

Yeah I think I got a taste of Finpekus drakesword as well. He's got mad skills. happy
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:38 am

I was like:
    "Wot?! Drake Sword and no Poise? You're so dead!"

...15 seconds later...

"Well @#$% me!!!"

:shock:
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:25 am

Wasn't at home this weekend, but reading all these positive comments on the event, I'm kinda sad I didn't participate :/
    I'm rarely at home on weekends (like 1/4), I hope the next event will match with my availabilities big grin
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:37 am

I was surprised at how effective the Golem Axe's r2s turned out to be. And the butcher knife r2 is also good unlocked. silly
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:42 am

EeAyEss wrote:I was surprised at how effective the Golem Axe's r2s turned out to be. silly

... Look Skyward Of course it was, you were on a bridge Well What is it

silly
    ChillerHR
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ChillerHR Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:17 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    Anyway, you could've messaged me to stay in the ring. That hammer of yours really freked me out. big grin

He never hosted me...what hammer is that? The one he wields?
    Sounds hilarious, him bashing hammer making boundaries or bringing the pain!

lol lol lol
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:24 pm

ChillerHR wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:

He never hosted me...what hammer is that? The one he wields?
    Sounds hilarious, him bashing hammer making boundaries or bringing the pain!

lol lol lol
    E was using Demon Great Hammer.
    The one you get for killing Asylum Demon in the first fight.

I totally didn't understand his intention to make boundaries for the fighters, I thought he's either messing around, or trying to say that the fight is too long and will kill one of us, or something if we don't hurry up.
    ChillerHR
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ChillerHR Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:31 pm

Well strange...everyone would understand, in the heat of the fight, that it's about arena bounderies...
    happy

nhf E!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:16 am