Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
ChizFreak
Reaperfan
Ashran
tinypantha
WyrmHero
BIG TIME MASTER
10 posters

Changing Feelings About DKSII

BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Changing Feelings About DKSII Empty Changing Feelings About DKSII

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:49 pm

I put this is off topic because it is just about the Souls series in general.

I put about five hundred hours or so into DKS and can't play it anymore. I know some people go longer, but I can't.

I just recently got Demon Souls and finished my first playthrough in 17 hours. Overall it was pretty easy coming from DKS. I will probably play one more time through, but already there isn't much more I want to do in it. I feel like by now I got the Souls formula down. As long as you tread cautiously you will always prevail. So now I am wondering about the next game, and whether or not I am going to care about playing it.

I think now, after having got another Soul fix from DES, I am just about burnt out on Souls games, and now I am mostly looking forward to whatever Miyazaki creates next. I would definitely enjoy a challenging game set in a more "happy" environment. I get tired of the constant dark and depressing games. I am currently working on Okami HD, and while it is nowhere near as fun as DKS or DES, the light refreshing atmosphere is like a breath of fresh air in a dank porto-sh1tter.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Changing Feelings About DKSII Empty Re: Changing Feelings About DKSII

Post by WyrmHero Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:37 pm

PvP is what keeps me playing it, same will happen with DkS 2.
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:07 pm

Ive tried to say this exact same thing.... I really only play for about 1-2 hours a day on dks unless there is an event. I just cant bring myself to play it...
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:09 pm

Take a breath, play other games and return to die again. Thats what i do.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:16 pm

I had this happen to me twice. Just take a break, hang out in off-topic for a while, and eventually you'll get some inspiration to pull you back. Took me about a month the first time, and I'm currently on the second one, going with no souls for about 2 weeks.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:26 pm

Man, I've at (aprox.) 6000 hours now, I tell you, I have been "burnt out" lots of times. As Ashran said (he is awesome you know, and plays FTL), you should take a break and play other games. BUT as the others stated, the "coming back" feature in DkS is the PvP, PvE bores me, I've played far too many times, I only come back and play to create new things. With the DLC, I re-created all the things I did before but with level 100 and plus adding the new things. But yeah, I'm almost burnt out too. Waiting for DkS II.

But to be honest, lately I've been feeling burnt out of all games. And is a feeling I don't like. Games are my life. It's just that, there haven't been any good games lately, and I have nothing to play (a lot) except Chivalry: Medieval Warfare and DkS from time to time. Thankfully, the coming months have great launches, like Aliens: Colonial Marines (just a few days from today!), Metal Gear Rising: Revengaence, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm, God of War: Ascension, Soul Sacrifice. And those are just the games close, hopefully there will be more interesting games further into the year.

So I believe this is the right time to take a break from DkS and try other games.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:08 am

Ni No Kuni.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:14 am

I haven't played DKS for several months. I messed around with Dragons Dogma for a bit and just ran through DS. I am basically only playing games now because I have nothing better to do until I get back to the U.S.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:54 am

Master I've had the same thing as you for a while.

The DLC brought me back, but I still haven't finished it, I just couldn't be bothered to play it :/

I end up having to play other games, ill return to it at some point I know. I always do with the best games I play, it just gets a little repetitive after a while (especially a ver formulaic series like souls)

Also I'm not gonna lie, but I've people ably spent more time on the forum than playing dark souls silly
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:08 pm

The soul series has ruined every other game for me. The ONLY contentment I find is in a "Space Invader" type of game ie Stardust HD.

The only games I will play on a serious level are the soul games for prolly the next 3 to 4 years I'd imagine.

The Soul Series fits all of my likes into one happy bundle.

For instance, I tried DCUO on and off for a few months. I just couldn't get into it. There was no variety. Same healer, damage, etc builds over and over. I'm not saying it was a bad game per say, just not my cup of tea.

I like rpgs and math. Lots of math. I certainly "menu/stat gaze" for hours without even playing.

The dynamic pvp play in the souls series has also ruined a couple things for me, I refer to DCUO again. When I played DCUO, again not a bad game, it was just like...I healed you....I healed you.....I healed you....LOOK I KILLED SUM1!!! cheers

I get burnt out on Dark Sous sure, but I also get burnt out on my kids, disc golf, my wife, myself, posting, football, news, my job,..., ..., ......

Also, the souls community is the best. We have our trolls and our disputes, but when you find a cool forum or two, its usually intelligent conversation followed by mature attitudes, even for the younglings. What other community has mature 15 year olds conversing with 20 or 30 year olds in harmony???..........imo, none, or at least very few.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:40 pm

Without PvP I probably would have stopped playing months ago. I just can't seem to get enough of it.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:04 pm

I couldn't ever get in to it. I think if there was an option to play pure melee only I would have gotten into it, but having to deal with all the pesky magics just over complicated things too much for me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:10 am