Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+68
DigitaLinsanitY
Graelaoch
Qyntius
Leet
Icegodzilla
SadPanda
einherje
TheDeviantKnight
OminousSquaffle
Kahldris_Ducard
Ahhotep1
Paragon
ViralEnsign_
shadowzninjaz
Hugh_G_Johnson
Wilkinson3424
Demon Slayer
Aigaios
iiProdigyv
Carphil
jewfrozack
Horrendus
Raijinilli
divinebeanpole
AlphaTrol
destutiodaemonis
Odinbear
Serious_Much
Dibsville
billy_bayonet
Maneater_Mildred
jaythibodeau
Sneezer
ExplodingPenguin
WaveringRadiance
Hokucho
Squashy_Avocado
sure-magicians
Forum Pirate
VMatrixX
eclipse prince
FattyOfDoom
FinPeku
Avenger649
trzzy
LordTransvalence
Jansports
grossemesser
Dieselzilla
mindbottiling_52
Fawkes
GravityBlast
User1
Halicarnassis
SpyderADK
sicktwist
Emergence
Yukon
robsthedon
Ghadis_God
FexDS
WandererReece
twilightwarwolf
BeeSeaEss
RANT
Acarnatia
Murkulanvippi
slowturtles
72 posters

!!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!!

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

!!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!! - Page 36 Empty Re: !!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!!

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:38 pm

shadowzninjaz wrote::"D I have been waiting to do this at the parish for so long, So good to see it being used for this event #CantWait4It
    Knew that^^ twisted So, I finally decided to run thru the area with the GW in mind. Nice call Shadz!

As for soul level changes. Just throwing it out there since several have asked for it. If there is no significant (number wise) feed-back it won't change.

shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

!!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!! - Page 36 Empty Re: !!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!!

Post by shadowzninjaz Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:43 pm

Thx Ahho Parish is one of the best places in game
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:05 am

Since there was very little feed-back on soul level change. The soul level will remind 100 for our next event. thumbs up

I will be updating the OP in the next couple days. Please read (at the very least silly ) the first post and the "Infamous Rules" section. If something is not listed...it is allowed.

As stated before I wish to maintain as few restrictions as possible unless it diminishes run quality. And that is a majority call, really.

Thanks! big grin
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:02 pm

Cool, I meant to chime in that I like 100 anyway.  I'm a bit concerned about the no spammig rule though.  What constitutes spamming?  Is the threshold different for different attacks?  Is it just attacks??  IMO one of if the worst if not the worst kind of spam is roll spam.  Yet, hardly anyone else would notice let alone care about that.  What about estus spam?

Also, if this rule has anything to do with my int build please let me know. big grin I was going to try a dex/pyro build and my other build idea is a DMB/WotG build.  So; I'm thinking my int is actually my least spammy build and I may default to that.  
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:42 pm

Most inherently know what spamming is, when it is occurring and when it is abused. It is only recently that people seem to require a refined and delineated multi-tier definition of things they use to know. Interestingly enough.  

It would seem the devil is in the details! silly

And no, my friend...this rule which has been listed since almost day one of this event has nothing to do with your build since I have no idea which build you will use.

Last edited by Ahhotep1 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:45 pm

Ahhotep1 wrote:Most inherently know what spamming is, when it is occurring and when it is abused. It is only recently that people seem to require a refined and delineated multi-tier definition of things they use to know. Interestingly enough.  

It would seem the devil is in the details! silly
    The problem is, different people have different definitions of spamming. Is two attacks spamming? Is three? 

What about the time in between said attacks? .5 seconds? one second?

It's too hard to just be clear cut like that.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:51 pm

Yes and until recently people managed...I suppose they will continue to mange. People tend to know when something is abused. While others yell "spammer" when no spamming occurred. You do see the moot aspect of this...

winking

And Soul...you've never done the event. Why not join? Then you'll see for yourself what it's all about! And have some fun!
    Graelaoch
    Graelaoch
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Graelaoch Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:58 pm

I feel Ahhotep is talking about Magic Spamming Stray, some people R1 spam, and thats cool, gets them parried, or blocked or dodged and backstabbed. the problem is people spamming things like WoG, or the AoE Fire's, or even Dark Bead, in tight quarters, magic spam is much harder to dodge.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:01 pm

3 casts of a spell in a row is spamming. 2 is not. Like, Wog for example. I think it's a pretty good consensus 2 in a row is not spamming. 
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:07 pm

Graelaoch wrote:I feel Ahhotep is talking about Magic Spamming Stray, some people R1 spam, and thats cool, gets them parried, or blocked or dodged and backstabbed. the problem is people spamming things like WoG, or the AoE Fire's, or even Dark Bead, in tight quarters, magic spam is much harder to dodge.
    True enough, magic spamming has been the biggest complaint. Actually, I think the only "spamming" complaint. With Dark Magic taking the prize for number of complaints. LOL

This scenario tends to end runs too fast. Runs that don't last long enough aren't good for the event.
    Graelaoch
    Graelaoch
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Graelaoch Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:09 pm

Let me ask you a question leet. If you got hit by 2 WoG's in a row and that was enough to kill you and they did no other damage to you, is that a Wog spammer?
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:12 pm

Ahhotep1 wrote:Yes and until recently people managed...I suppose they will continue to mange. People tend to know when something is abused. While others yell "spammer" when no spamming occurred. You do see the moot aspect of this...

winking

And Soul...you've never done the event. Why not join? Then you'll see for yourself what it's all about! And have some fun!
    My xbox live isn't working right now, I've been meaning to have it fixed... but that means going without xbox at all for a little.... I would if I could though.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:13 pm

No, that is not a Wog spammer. A Wog spammer is someone who stacks nothing but wogs and casts it over and over again. Seeing as 2 Wogs would never kill an Sl100 they would have to do more than that. If they sit in the same place and cast 3 in a row with no timing in between, they're spamming. 

If they sit there and actual time the Wogs, a spammer not so much. But it's annoying when for example, you get hit by 1, you roll through the second and then get hit by the 3rd. As i said, the general consensus is that 3 casts is spamming. That's a whole stack of Wog. If you use it all in the same 5 seconds you're spamming.

There has to be some kind of substance behind the "no spamming rule" rather then just putting it in the OP. It talks about getting banhammered for spamming but last event i got Wog spammed and nothing was even said. All because no one saw it. Well, just because no one said "yeah, he spammed." Obviously someone saying "why did you spam" means nothing behind the rule.

Last edited by TooLeet on Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:14 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    Ahhotep1 wrote:Yes and until recently people managed...I suppose they will continue to mange. People tend to know when something is abused. While others yell "spammer" when no spamming occurred. You do see the moot aspect of this...

winking

My xbox live isn't working right now, I've been meaning to have it fixed... but that means going without xbox at all for a little.... I would if I could though.
    Awww, damn! Hopefully another time! big grin
    Graelaoch
    Graelaoch
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Graelaoch Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:22 pm

I disagree I have been hit by a WoG for over 900 dmg with over 350 magical def, so 2 wogs=death, just as would it not be that 2 Great Combustions is spamming it one right after the other, or two dark beads. I just feel like 2 casts in a row are a spam of spells, and as I said, in tight spaces, two casts can really hurt if not kill.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:24 pm

TooLeet wrote:No, that is not a Wog spammer. A Wog spammer is someone who stacks nothing but wogs and casts it over and over again. Seeing as 2 Wogs would never kill an Sl100 they would have to do more than that. If they sit in the same place and cast 3 in a row with no timing in between, they're spamming. 

If they sit there and actual time the Wogs, a spammer not so much. But it's annoying when for example, you get hit by 1, you roll through the second and then get hit by the 3rd. As i said, the general consensus is that 3 casts is spamming. That's a whole stack of Wog. If you use it all in the same 5 seconds you're spamming.

There has to be some kind of substance behind the "no spamming rule" rather then just putting it in the OP. It talks about getting banhammered for spamming but last event i got Wog spammed and nothing was even said. All because no one saw it. Well, just because no one said "yeah, he spammed." Obviously someone saying "why did you spam" means nothing behind the rule.

Leet, you need to say something if you feel someone was unfair. Otherwise, yes...it could go unnoticed. And it's Bam Hammer! God forbid if I should even try to hold E's Ban Hammer.

Anyway, I am making a post about letting peeps know if someone abuses stuff as well as a few other things that were brought to my attention this morning.

As for spamming, most of us know what it means. As you did. But perhaps newer people do need some kind of guideline.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:26 pm

Graelaoch wrote:I disagree I have been hit by a WoG for over 900 dmg with over 350 magical def, so 2 wogs=death, just as would it not be that 2 Great Combustions is spamming it one right after the other, or two dark beads. I just feel like 2 casts in a row are a spam of spells, and as I said, in tight spaces, two casts can really hurt if not kill.
    Even more so, Some spells can kill in one cast. Crystal Soul Spear anyone?
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:30 pm

Graelaoch wrote:I disagree I have been hit by a WoG for over 900 dmg with over 350 magical def, so 2 wogs=death, just as would it not be that 2 Great Combustions is spamming it one right after the other, or two dark beads. I just feel like 2 casts in a row are a spam of spells, and as I said, in tight spaces, two casts can really hurt if not kill.
    You can't say 2 casts is spamming because people will be only to cast 1 spell here and there. Which is limiting what you can do, which Ahho is trying not to do. Just because something killed you once in 2 casts doesn't mean that's spamming. I kill people in 1 hit with Dark Bead. By that logic i spammed.

Last edited by TooLeet on Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:32 pm

Something was brought to my attention this morning (again) which I meant to address earlier. I will address this now and only in a general way. This is not aimed at any one person but is a general statement addressing event chat behavior.

If something occurs during the event that causes bad feelings and I am not made aware of it then it is only logical to assume that there is nothing I can do about it.
    I need to know if an issue exists in order to seek resolution.

Also, chat banter is one thing and is fine but name calling and insulting comments aimed at specific people are not fine.

"Jokingly" calling people names and "friendly" insults can be a part of banter that can pass muster between people who know one another. But it is not always taken the same way by people who do not know you. Don't assume they know your intentions. Hiding behind jokes in order to insult is not cool either. There is a difference and people usually know when they are being disrespected.

No one is perfect but we all should try and...
    Respect your follow participants. If an issue arises and needs intervention then bring it to my attention. Many times a "misunderstanding" is at the root of the problem.

Please...don't follow up name calling and insults with name calling and insults. It never ends well. And only derails the event for everyone else.

As much as I hate to bring out the BAM Hammer ya'll know I will if necessary.

Now let us all play nice and respect one another...it is much more fun for all concerned that way! big grin

Last edited by Ahhotep1 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Graelaoch
    Graelaoch
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Graelaoch Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:34 pm

I said two casts its right there in red leet. And I wouldn't care if it was like wog emit force wog that can take skill and practise to hit well. Saying you spam after one spell is silly, please read my entire post, no need to get angry because some disagrees with you buddy 
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:35 pm

Ahhotep1 wrote:Something was brought to my attention this morning (again) which I meant to address earlier. I will address this now and only in a general way. This is not aimed at any one person but is a general statement addressing event chat behavior.

If something occurs during the event that causes bad feelings and I am not made aware of it then it is only logical to assume that there is nothing I can do about it.
    I need to know if an issue exists in order to seek resolution.

Also, chat banter is one thing and is fine but name calling and insulting comments aimed at specific people are not fine.

"Jokingly" calling people names and "friendly" insults can be a part of banter that can past muster between people who know one another. But it is not always taken the same way by people who do not know you. Don't assume they know your intentions. Hiding behind jokes in order to insult is not cool either. There is a difference and people usually know when they are being disrespected.

No one is perfect but we all should try and...
    Respect your follow participants. If an issue arises and needs intervention then bring it to my attention. Many times a "misunderstanding" is at the root of the problem.

Please...don't follow up name calling and insults with name calling and insults. It never ends well. And only derails the event for everyone else.

As much as I hate to bring out the BAM Hammer ya'll know I will if necessary.

Now let us all play nice and respect one another...it is much more fun for all concerned that way! big grin
    YOU STUPID AHHOTEP. I barely know you, yet I insulted you... and yet even more so, it's obviously a joke... I don't think it really matters how well you know them, as much as it does the situation and such of which you do such an "insult"
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:35 pm

Also, the point of the event is for the Reds to hide and flank the Whites. By any means possible. This is not dueling, and this is not fight club. So everyone should keep that in mind, and always be sure to read the OP before asking 1,000,000 questions. silly
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:36 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:YOU STUPID AHHOTEP. I barely know you, yet I insulted you... and yet even more so, it's obviously a joke... I don't think it really matters how well you know them, as much as it does the situation and such of which you do such an "insult"
    You know what she meant. Something happened in the last even for her to post that. 
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:39 pm

Very interesting response Soul. silly

Naw, Soul doesn't know...she wasn't there. And it addresses more then one incident. Several during the last and several in the event before. But a trend seems to be developing which will stop.

Last edited by Ahhotep1 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:39 pm

Graelaoch wrote:I said two casts its right there in red leet. And I wouldn't care if it was like wog emit force wog that can take skill and practise to hit well. Saying you spam after one spell is silly, please read my entire post, no need to get angry because some disagrees with you buddy 
    I'm not understanding why you're thinking i'm angry? lol. And i did read your entire post. You're point is that you think 2 casts is spamming. And Ahho said no spamming. That means by your definition of spamming we can't cast 2 spells in a row. 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:26 am