Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Guidelines for User Made Covenants and Roleplay

Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Guidelines for User Made Covenants and Roleplay Empty Guidelines for User Made Covenants and Roleplay

Post by Emergence Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:40 pm

Covenant Guidelines

This is a thread I had been meaning to put together for a bit, and can do so now that I have some time and things are in a relative state of calm. Feel like it would be useful to help foster a sense of community in the Covenant section and to also create a blueprint for future interactions for both experienced roleplayers and newcomers to the section. As a moderation team, it helps us to refine the guidelines because often times the lines between roleplay and real life become very blurred so we have a few bullet points to help everyone stay focused on the most productive and creative methods.

• When starting up a new covenant or refining an existing one, please be sensitive to the lore base of other covenants. Each user cove has their own manifesto as the first post of their thread, and it's good and responsible courtesy to familiarize yourself with what differentiates each. Lore and creative expression are very personal things and stepping on those toes can lead to bristling which can often spill over into flaming.

• Be gentle and respectful of each other and be helpful as well. This extends to faces old and new. Upstarts infuse new life and ideas to the section and the forums in general. Uplift and help them refine ideas. Everyone wins in the form of new events and activities when more creativity is being expressed.

• Allegiance and fealty to in game areas are a vital component of user made covenant roleplay. Please be respectful of boundaries; we also discourage war for "conquest" of these areas. Interactions that shape lore are quite ok, and are very creative solutions. Also, it must be made clear that allegiance to areas have their boundaries entirely within the covenant section and are not to spill over into other forum areas. Individuals who wish to host fight clubs, and other events in PvP/General which are not connected to user made covenants are to be allowed to do so in any game location without any resistance and should not be expected to show signs of fealty or ask permission.

• When interacting with other covenants, it is crucial to make the distinction when the conversation is grounded in reality or in roleplay. Often times scathing remarks from a position of roleplay are misunderstood as personal flaming. Where possible we ask that you use italics to intone pure roleplay especially when interacting with and posting in another covenants thread.

I'll leave this thread open for discussion and further refinement of guidelines. Thank you all for making this section are very successful element in the world of Dark Souls!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Guidelines for User Made Covenants and Roleplay Empty Re: Guidelines for User Made Covenants and Roleplay

Post by Tolvo Mon May 13, 2013 6:13 pm

So I suppose everyone in the covenant section agreed to these guidelines, no one had suggestions, questions, things they disagreed with, no one even felt like saying they agreed?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Guidelines for User Made Covenants and Roleplay Empty Re: Guidelines for User Made Covenants and Roleplay

Post by Serious_Much Mon May 13, 2013 6:40 pm

I agree with them.

To use a rather good quote- "Silence gives consent"
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon May 13, 2013 6:42 pm

Well it just seems due to the number of views that most people don't even know this thread is here, and less might realize it was put up also for discussion.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed May 22, 2013 3:28 pm

Can I add a couple I think are needed:

While it may seem sensible to have to covenant leader as the thread holder, it can often be more practical if the MOST ACTIVE FORUM MEMBER, or at least the most active dedicated member is the thread holder so that the OP can be kept as up to date as possible.

It is important that members manage who is still in their covenant, and who has gone/on hiatus. By all means have an "MIA" member section, but the main members section should only include those currently active within a reasonable time- say around a month.
    DARKR

Post by DARKR Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:59 am

Serious munch, the only problem with that is that at one point I couldn't use the Internet for longer than a month, and I'm sure you see what I'm getting at, although we could prolly say that we will be on leave or something.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:23 am