Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
JohnnyHarpoon
SlakeMoth
Artorias
Scudman_Slayer
sjackson12
Emergence
Back Lot Basher
berkut
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Uparkaam
Carphil
Serious_Much
16 posters

My Verdict on Demon's

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

My Verdict on Demon's - Page 2 Empty Re: My Verdict on Demon's

Post by Serious_Much Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:44 pm

Scudman_Slayer wrote:how was your experience with the giant depraved ones in the valley of deffilement?
    (you know those giant,ugly,bastards holding a giant club)

on NG+ they hit wayy too fast and each hit should take out about 1/2 or 1/3 out of you and knocking you to the ground

oh and they will hit again as soon as you get up from their first attack

if you get pure black tendency and you see one giant black phanton depraved one RUN they can one-shot you even if oyu have over 1500 HP and you're in human form

what mobs did you had trouble with in the game?

The only giant guy that annoyed me was the first one in 5-1, there's not enough room to maneuver and he got me once, but i got him next time (not looking forward to him NG+)

the only mob i really hated were the black phantom weird head mage things in World 3, they were horrible though i think I'm okay with them now. But all I think are more difficult than Dark souls mobs in terms of reading them, they don't telegraph attacks like mobs in Dark do.

Befowler, I'm surprised, with that opinion, it's complete opposite of mine to be honest silly. I agree the mobs are more awkward but the bosses I find you can happily heal without worry. So many bosses had pillars or hidey holes where you could just sit and heal.. I died to many once, but a lot I also did first time with complete ease, especially the *world*-1 bosses, they were too easy I feel. I even took the hardest way supposedly with no magic :|

Befowler how much time had you put into Dark when you did your first go at demons?
    jujufist

Post by jujufist Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:56 pm

I played demon's first. It was brutal like nothing else..no game is more challenging. It begame pretty easy once I found out about the thief ring and the reaper for soul farming. The armor is not as good but more valuable in demon's...not a lot of varability. The weapon upgrade system seems to be less defined in demon's. The farming kinda takes away from the adventuring. Poise seems to be a hidden stat in demon's...I like knowing it.

In short they did refine a lot of stuff in Dark. The one interconnecting world is a nice...not a lot of loading. The campfires are great for farming and setting a start point. The spell library is more expanded. Any class can become what ever character you want.

Between the two I like Dark better...it is more polished.

Demon's Souls will always have a place in my heart...it was the one shining light in a marketplace full of cookie cutter first person shooters. They got it right...brutal...unforgiving...masterpiece!!
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:06 pm

I couldn't agree more about the upgrading. Not only the status weapons, which I tend to make great use of, but also the pure STR/DEX upgrade paths. I started to make a pure DEX build in dark and just totally lost my taste for it just past Anor Londo. Aside from the standard upgrade path there isn't any way you can gear your weapons to support a pure path. And lets face it, standard is boring. I want to spend a week making my weapons the most bad *** I possibly can, and I want them to compliment my build as best they can. You can do that with crushing and quality in Demon's but in Dark there's just not a lot for it outside FTH or INT builds.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:51 pm

just had a summon fest in world 2-1 yay for demons souls, also remembered how much i like the adjudicators boss music, so much so im making a dks cosplay char, dual butcher knives or servers(which one...) with smoughs armor except the helmet which is still undecided. also... dual wielding axe type weapons works pretty well... start with the off hand and you can combo things into oblivion... so far any way.
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:25 pm

One more demon down! Gah ha ha ha!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:20 am