Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

stats cut offs

moomootv
    moomootv
    Addicted
    Addicted

stats cut offs Empty stats cut offs

Post by moomootv Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:16 pm

I suck when it comes to demon souls so i wanted to know is there like diminishing returns like in dark souls and if there is what is the cut off i have 45 str right now useing a crushing claymore but im not really doing much dmg im like barely hitting 300 on people

also what is a good vit to have i have like 40 but should i go for more?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

stats cut offs Empty Re: stats cut offs

Post by WyrmHero Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:14 am

Lower than DkS, diminishing returns begin at 30 for Str/Dex/Mag/Faith. I have a Str build that uses a Bramd and he has 24 Str for 2H , +60 End for fast roll and 50 Vit. Vit and End are like in DkS. Int (Att) has different values, check out the wikidot for those. Luck is useless except for the Blueblood Sword. Example build:

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t11921-mlgs-build
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:09 pm

Diminishing returns don't hit hard until 50 in Demon's Souls. Same with Vitality. Unless you're doing a cosplay of somebody in heavy armor, you will probably never need more than 40 Endurance.

Weapons have lower AR in Demon's Souls, so you're generally not going to hit as hard in Dark Souls unless you're got tendency and friend/foe's ring set up properly. Curse Weapon is great, though, it increases physical damage by ~50%.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:32 pm

Weapon buffs are your best friend in DeS, diminishing returns begin at around 30, because at that point you can use everything. The best example for diminishing returns is the Blueblood Sword. It may not seem that good at first, but at 7 Luck, it has like 270 base damage and can be buffed. At 30 Luck, it has around 450 base damage... and can be buffed. At 50 Luck, it has about 470 base damage. You can use this to really see the effects of diminishing returns. You don't need to go past 27 for the most part (unless it's STR and you want to 1-hand something like Bramdt or DBS).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:27 pm