Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
DanceOfDeath
BARZOHD-
DarkW17
strangejoy
Wade_Wilson
WyrmHero
RANT
reim0027
Emergence
WarriorOfSunlight
LOLRagezzz
Scudman_Slayer
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
justwant2play
Brokewilly
ChizFreak
bloodpixel
BLA1NE
Reaperfan
callipygias
Yarxov
Glutebrah
Carphil
Darkstar485
Lancelot
29 posters

Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it? - Page 2 Empty Re: Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

Post by Yarxov Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:56 pm

Silver Knight sword was allowed Resin in 1.05 afaik.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it? - Page 2 Empty Re: Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

Post by Reaperfan Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:57 pm

I was gonna say something about the Great Lord Greatsword but it seems you've made up your mind already happy

I will add though that unique weapons that are able to be buffed seem to be on a case by case basis, as things like the previously mentioned Silver Knight Sword and the Dragon Bone Fist I know for a fact can be buffed. I do wonder why the Great Lord Greatsword was excluded from this though, since being buffed would be the only way to make it viable due to its highly underwhelming stats.
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:59 pm

Yarxov wrote:Silver Knight sword was allowed Resin in 1.05 afaik.

So it was just an exception? Alright, thanks.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:36 am

Seems the general consensus in this thread right now is that it sucks, but I disagree.

For one, if anyone in here based their opinion on pre-1.05 numbers, I'm pretty sure it's been buffed.

But, more important than damage, this thing seems to be an absolute poise-crusher. Very few people use it, so I haven't had many chances to experiment against it in PvP, but when I came across it the results were surprising. With 76 poise I'm pretty sure it would stun-lock me in 1 hit, one handed.

Only reason I haven't tried it extensively myself yet, is that I don't have a build that lends itself to testing it in PvP. But since you already have a BKGA build, I say definitely give it a try, you may be surprised.

Great Lord Greatsword could be the most underrated weapon in Dark Souls right now, and its best kept secret for PvP.
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:04 am

BLA1NE wrote:Seems the general consensus in this thread right now is that it sucks, but I disagree.

For one, if anyone in here based their opinion on pre-1.05 numbers, I'm pretty sure it's been buffed.

But, more important than damage, this thing seems to be an absolute poise-crusher. Very few people use it, so I haven't had many chances to experiment against it in PvP, but when I came across it the results were surprising. With 76 poise I'm pretty sure it would stun-lock me in 1 hit, one handed.

Only reason I haven't tried it extensively myself yet, is that I don't have a build that lends itself to testing it in PvP. But since you already have a BKGA build, I say definitely give it a try, you may be surprised.

Great Lord Greatsword could be the most underrated weapon in Dark Souls right now, and its best kept secret for PvP.

Even with it's stun-lock, it can't do great combos on someone without then rolling away, I'm sure.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:14 am

I say even if you only get 1 free hit, that's a pretty good bonus just for landing a hit!

It's worth trying out a weapon for.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:31 am

The last time someone used that on me I parried and killed them.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:54 am

That can be said of any weapon!

Especially the Great Scythe everyone loves to rave about now. And especially the BKGA, too. Two weapons that are easier to parry than the GLGS; one the community loves, one TC loves.

All I'm saying is give GLGS a try.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:12 am

BLA1NE wrote:Seems the general consensus in this thread right now is that it sucks, but I disagree.

Yeah, what Blaine said, I fought guys that used this weapon and 1 hit of it (they were using it 2-handed) I was stunlocked even with 52 poise. With 52 poise I can resist 1 hit of a Claymore. So indeed, the Great Lord Greatsword does more damage to Poise than other Greatswords.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:55 am

The Great Lord Greatsword is indeed a poise crusher - I have PvP'd against it few times and got beat every time even with my poise being high enough to take 1 shot from a greatsword class weapon. As soon as I see one I immediately equip a high stability shield and evade like crazy while looking for an opening - that's all I have been able to do. It is one of those weapons that if you are hit even once you probably will be stun-locked and all you can do is pray your opponent runs out of steam before you die. It does use up a lot of stamina to swing (so use that to your advantage when fighting against one) and I can see how it could be easily parried by a brave individual. The scaling also leaves a lot to be desired plus its unbuffable.

A majority of the weapons in this game can be deadly if used by an individual who has invested a lot of time training/fighting with it. The GLGS is no different - so I have learned to respect it even with all its shortcomings.
    justwant2play
    justwant2play
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by justwant2play Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:22 am

I wish they made this weapon come with fire damage.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:00 am

its fun when you get off the 2 handed r2, even heavy armor people get squashed to the floor! might be the point of the weapon; poise massacre.
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:30 am

I suppose I will give it a try. Hopefully, I wont be let down.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:02 am

Lancelot wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:
    Lancelot wrote:Thanks for your insight.

Do you only attempt backstabs when some one gives their back due to a missed attack?? Or do you just circle people and pivot them??? Agian i am curious to your playstyle.

It generally depends on their weapon. If they're using a poor weapon such as Dragon Tooth, backstabbing appears each time they attack.

If they use a quick weapon such as the Uchigatana, I'll resort to switching to both hands and attacking when I can.

Btw, rolling is my only act of defence. I don't use shields, only the Grass Crest, which I use while using both hands.

to me as long as you don't keep circling...and circling...and circling for a backstabs trying to pivot someone resulting in a lagstab most of the times its all good

if oyu try to backstab when the guy attacks its fine that takes skill but its still boring as hell IMO

specially due to the fact you're using the dark knight greataxe which is one of the most powerfull weapons in the game its not meant to be used for backstabing

if you like backstabing a lot get a dagger it will end up doing a lot more damage on a backstab than anything else specially the bandit's knife

IMO:Dark knight greataxe is NOT meant to be used for backstabs look at the damn thing its boodly huge :|

//////
    i have PVP'ed against some with great lord greatsword so for me its a Poise crusher i mean it
    i had 90 poise and the guy stun-locked me on one hit!

thank god i managed to parry and riposte in the end silly

i respect anyone who uses underrated weapons really this weapon can be one heck of a good one in the right hands but some people never bother trying it out :/

LOLRagezzz
    LOLRagezzz
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by LOLRagezzz Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:58 pm

Lancelot wrote:I, personally, dislike taking chances and like winning as soon as possible. That's why BSing is my favorite tactic in PvP.

Kids on the battlefield!
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:02 pm

Kid with a big axe.
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:31 pm

You've upset the elitist pvp community now haha
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:17 pm

Every peep has their own opinion and preference :C
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:22 pm

Indeed. But as a Hater, it is my Duty, and Pleasure, to Hate.
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:40 pm

Don't worry Lancelot, they get angry when folks don't follow their self imposed pvp rules and 'honour' codes and expect everyone else to know these.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:41 pm

It's common sense and basic manners actually. But this is not the time or place.
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:45 pm

Since when? Nobody complained about this in Demon's Souls. People can play the game however they want, he's not cheating. Hating them won't change a thing.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:47 pm

Never said he was cheating, never said he had to play with a code of honor. But don't be rude and try to ruin it for everyone else. BTT, I don't want to argue about this, you shouldn't either since there are a dozen others who are more "Honor bound" than I.
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:57 pm

Since my opinion is far too rude for these forums, I'll be going, sorry for ruining this thread for everyone, I guess everyone was right to hate the new guy for his play style and turn it into a pvp thread on the general discussion one. End of thread.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:59 pm

Everyone is welcome, I am simply avoiding conflict, don't give up yet you can still contribute.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:16 pm