Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
DanceOfDeath
BARZOHD-
DarkW17
strangejoy
Wade_Wilson
WyrmHero
RANT
reim0027
Emergence
WarriorOfSunlight
LOLRagezzz
Scudman_Slayer
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
justwant2play
Brokewilly
ChizFreak
bloodpixel
BLA1NE
Reaperfan
callipygias
Yarxov
Glutebrah
Carphil
Darkstar485
Lancelot
29 posters

Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it? - Page 3 Empty Re: Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:01 pm

? huh

Bkga is a weapon like any other... and min/maxing is a play style no honor issue there that i see, really a persons tactics determines their code of honor Imo.

and manners and combat have historically never worked that well together, duels are nice and its cool if you do that but many don't so you can feel free to crush them as you will.

also:

sunlight warrior +1 for the funny avatar but who are the "wenches" in lordran anyway?

Last edited by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it? - Page 3 Empty Re: Great Lord Greatsword: Is it worth it?

Post by Yarxov Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:02 pm

Where did BKGA come into this?
    Like I said, not the time or place. lets get BTT.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:04 pm

This thread started as "greatlord greatsword: Worth it?" and ended up as "cheap pvp strategies"
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:04 pm

okay... so has anyone used the greatlord greatsword for one entire playthrough just to see how it does?
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:06 pm

I have it and use it quite a bit, it's my #2 weapon for my Strength char.
    I would say it is worth it, unless you want the Lightning miracle
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:23 pm

(Yeah, I've noticed that I'm hated for my own preference. This is a great community)

What is the attack speed of it? Is it like the Zweihander or Claymore? I'm not too sure, since I don't work too well with slow weapons.

Last edited by Lancelot on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:25 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:? huh

Bkga is a weapon like any other... and min/maxing is a play style no honor issue there that i see, really a persons tactics determines their code of honor Imo.

and manners and combat have historically never worked that well together, duels are nice and its cool if you do that but many don't so you can feel free to crush them as you will.

also:

sunlight warrior +1 for the funny avatar but who are the "wenches" in lordran anyway?
    I would tell you, however it would be considered off topic, ill-mannered and far too aggressive for the forums.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:27 pm

Isnt the BKGA a slow weapon? Or its faster like a dex weapon? You're joking right
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:29 pm

^Haha
    @Lancelot The Lightning Spear is just a preference aswell is it not?
    It is the speed of the Black Knight sword, at only 8 weight. I can not compare it to the claymore as I do not use it and never have, but I imagine it is the same. The overhead Heavy attack can put someone in full havels onto the ground and the damage is in the 500's at 50 Str.
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:30 pm

Two-handling the BKGA makes a very swift uppercut. Are YOU joking?
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:32 pm

It is still considered a slow weapon, as it is nothing compared to the Falchion or any sword.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:34 pm

Lancelot wrote:Two-handling the BKGA makes a very swift uppercut. Are YOU joking?

Still for you the weapon is not better than any other, and you use it because its part of your backstab strategy, I got it.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:36 pm

This is not meant to be of offense, but it is more of a "Wham bam thank you ma'am" strategy.
    (Just making a joke, not meant to antagonize of judge.)
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:39 pm

Carphil wrote:
    Lancelot wrote:Two-handling the BKGA makes a very swift uppercut. Are YOU joking?

Still for you the weapon is not better than any other, and you use it because its part of your backstab strategy, I got it.

Thank you for understanding.

Btw, of course the BKGA is not as quick as the Falchion or other curved sword. I was just saying it is quicker than other Great-weapons.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:49 pm

Carphil wrote:This thread started as "greatlord greatsword: Worth it?" and ended up as "cheap pvp strategies"

The onus here is on you Carphil for introducing the what's cheap and what's not cheap debate. Your initial post in this thread was the first mention of cheapness. The OP did not create a thread bragging about prowess, it was a utilitarian question asking for Facts, not Opinions.
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:52 pm

Emergence wrote:
    Carphil wrote:This thread started as "greatlord greatsword: Worth it?" and ended up as "cheap pvp strategies"

The onus here is on you Carphil for introducing the what's cheap and what's not cheap debate. Your initial post in this thread was the first mention of cheapness. The OP did not create a thread bragging about prowess, it was a utilitarian question asking for Facts, not Opinions.

Thank you, Emergence. I'm glad to know there are good Administrators here.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:58 pm

I've never used it. It's AR doesn't compare to other weapons. I haven't heard of the poise break. Has anyone tested the poise needed to avoid the stunlock? Otherwise, it is probably slow enough to easily toggle out of the stunlock.
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:59 pm

reim0027 wrote:I've never used it. It's AR doesn't compare to other weapons. I haven't heard of the poise break. Has anyone tested the poise needed to avoid the stunlock? Otherwise, it is probably slow enough to easily toggle out of the stunlock.

That's what I presume, and if that's he case, it is most likely not worth it.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:08 pm

its slow enough to get out of the stun lock, ive done it a lot of times since half the people i go up against use it, it swings like a greatsword though which makes no sense.
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:19 pm

Yarxov wrote:Everyone is welcome, I am simply avoiding conflict, don't give up yet you can still contribute.
    Since the virtual witch hunt of Lancelot on other unrelated threads I doubt that everyone is welcome. I further doubt that I'll contribute again incase my views are too 'rude' or that 'I shouldn't argue' my opinion. My mistake I'm off topic again.
    RE: OP For pvp it's a tad slow, although it's probably viable in pve if you've the stats to tank it. If you're aiming you're sl 200+ I would recommend the Greatsword of Artorius. (unless that's considered cheap too)
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:10 pm

I never called your opinions rude, just contrary to the communities standard. Sorry for any offense. The whole Lancelot Witch Hunt thing was because he called another tactic "Cheap" when compared to his, it was/is perfectly fine.

It can do fine in PvP from my experiences, and has decent damage with moderate speed. It's no insanely hard hitter like BKGA, DGM, etc, but is fairly good IMO.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:43 am

I have tested this with 53 poise and she does not break it. She is not a poise breaker. Poor sword, so underpowered. I used 2H R2 and 77 poise was on the floor, like a demons great hammer beated the pulp out of him, though.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:28 am

WarriorOfSunlight wrote:
    Yarxov wrote:Everyone is welcome, I am simply avoiding conflict, don't give up yet you can still contribute.
    Since the virtual witch hunt of Lancelot on other unrelated threads I doubt that everyone is welcome. I further doubt that I'll contribute again incase my views are too 'rude' or that 'I shouldn't argue' my opinion. My mistake I'm off topic again.
    RE: OP For pvp it's a tad slow, although it's probably viable in pve if you've the stats to tank it. If you're aiming you're sl 200+ I would recommend the Greatsword of Artorius. (unless that's considered cheap too)

Stop being such a drama queen. If you're going to rage-quit the forums because you think people hate your views, fine, but dont leave silly, self pitying dramatisations like above.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:44 am

WyrmHero wrote:I have tested this with 53 poise and she does not break it. She is not a poise breaker. Poor sword, so underpowered. I used 2H R2 and 77 poise was on the floor, like a demons great hammer beated the pulp out of him, though.

Are you saying that one-handed R1 doesn't break 53, or two-handed R1 doesn't break 53?
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:14 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:
    WarriorOfSunlight wrote:

Stop being such a drama queen. If you're going to rage-quit the forums because you think people hate your views, fine, but dont leave silly, self pitying dramatisations like above.
    Thank you for your advice. This community is so friendly it makes bronys look like monsters in comparison.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:42 am