Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Nugget
Anonymous Proxy
CarverUpqik
Dibsville
GrinTwist
WandererReece
densetsushun
morte
Forum Pirate
Dubscythe
14 posters

Any useful tips for Demon's Souls?

Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Any useful tips for Demon's Souls? - Page 3 Empty Re: Any useful tips for Demon's Souls?

Post by Dibsville Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:23 am

WandererReece wrote:
    CarverUpqik wrote:unless your a mage then it can hinder you

I'm pretty sure it doesn't hinder mages that much.
    Left hand catalyst.
    Y u no spellsword
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Any useful tips for Demon's Souls? - Page 3 Empty Re: Any useful tips for Demon's Souls?

Post by WandererReece Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:32 am

CarverUpqik wrote:unless your a mage then it can hinder you

I just looked it up. I never realized it was an 87% decrease. Luckly it only does that if it's currently in the the hand. Also, the magic boosting things give an 80% total increase, so it can almost be cancelled out.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:55 am

A tip that helped me early game in Demon's was to farm the skeletons on 4-1 until I got to a higher level.

it was pretty useful up to about SL20
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:01 am

If you put your catalyst in your left hand, you can switch between Dark Silver Shield and catalyst and receive no negative effects. By the way, the 87% on the shield effects magic damage towards you as well, so even if you don't block a hit, if it's magic, it won't do jack squat.
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:52 am

As someone who had problems with Demon's Souls after Dark Souls. I can give a tip that the Crescent Falchion is your friend, and I think going strength your first playthrough is maybe a better choice. This is subjective, of course. But when I got the Dragonbone Smasher, the game became trivial.

Only now in NG+, am I exploring all possibilities.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:33 pm

So I mean, what exactly am I missing out on in the Dragon Bone Smasher? I'm using the Meat Cleaver right now and it just tears through everything, I can't imagine something else actually being better. At least in terms of single hit power.
    Nugget
    Nugget
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Nugget Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:59 am

Dubscythe wrote:So I mean, what exactly am I missing out on in the Dragon Bone Smasher? I'm using the Meat Cleaver right now and it just tears through everything, I can't imagine something else actually being better. At least in terms of single hit power.

They are both VERY effective weapons, but I prefer the Cleaver. DBS is a little more popular in PvP, but if you like the meat cleaver, it will treat you well.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:38 am

Dibsville wrote:If you put your catalyst in your left hand, you can switch between Dark Silver Shield and catalyst and receive no negative effects. By the way, the 87% on the shield effects magic damage towards you as well, so even if you don't block a hit, if it's magic, it won't do jack squat.
    Dark Silver shield doesn't reduce the magic damage you take directly, it just increases magic defense by some trivial amount. I think it'll reduce a NR BS from like 1350 to 1300 or something.

@Dubs: MC is easier to use than the DBS. IMO DBS is a mediocre PvE weapon, but kinda okay for killing bosses. But if you want to get the most out of MC you need a really specialized build. Great Axe has the same moveset and once you upgrade it is stronger on generic builds than the MC.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:14 am

It's times like these where I wish I had a PS3 and Demon's Souls.... (Cries again about ps3 being stolen years ago)
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:11 am

Why not trade your xbox for a PS3?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:53 pm

Saturday-Saint wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:If you put your catalyst in your left hand, you can switch between Dark Silver Shield and catalyst and receive no negative effects. By the way, the 87% on the shield effects magic damage towards you as well, so even if you don't block a hit, if it's magic, it won't do jack squat.
    Dark Silver shield doesn't reduce the magic damage you take directly, it just increases magic defense by some trivial amount. I think it'll reduce a NR BS from like 1350 to 1300 or something.

@Dubs: MC is easier to use than the DBS. IMO DBS is a mediocre PvE weapon, but kinda okay for killing bosses. But if you want to get the most out of MC you need a really specialized build. Great Axe has the same moveset and once you upgrade it is stronger on generic builds than the MC.
    DBS is a boss killer, plain and simple. But that's one of the only two things it's really good for. Bosses and PvP. If you're not fighting a boss, it's not the best of weapons, but you can use Curse Weapon on it and practically 1-5 hit any boss.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:54 am