Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Kratos1810
psychichobo
Gods_Twilight
Dibsville
Carphil
Hue
Hugh_G_Johnson
mugenis4real
Derpwraith
13 posters

Wheres the Darksign located on the body? o.o

Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

darksign - Wheres the Darksign located on the body? o.o Empty Wheres the Darksign located on the body? o.o

Post by Derpwraith Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:33 pm

Spoiler:
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

darksign - Wheres the Darksign located on the body? o.o Empty Re: Wheres the Darksign located on the body? o.o

Post by mugenis4real Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:38 pm

Now that you mention it, that's the only logical place for it to be, or at least really close to your character's privates...
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

darksign - Wheres the Darksign located on the body? o.o Empty Re: Wheres the Darksign located on the body? o.o

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:38 pm

The name of the game was originally slated to be "Dark Ring", however it was changed after someone pointed out that "dark ring" is British slang for one of few body parts that remain covered when you have no armor on... just sayin'...
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:38 pm

Why does it have to be somewhere on the body?
    I always thought it was part of the soul, you don't stroke your a$$ cheeks, or your dark ring to return to a bonfire
    You don't have them auto-stroked when you die either
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:34 pm

Eyes. Hollows eyes glows fiery for some reason.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:35 pm

Hachouma wrote:Why does it have to be somewhere on the body?
    I always thought it was part of the soul, you don't stroke your a$$ cheeks, or your dark ring to return to a bonfire
    You don't have them auto-stroked when you die either

Well then explain how other people see your Darksign and know your Undead!

Unless.....they can look into your soul? :bas:

EDIT: Damn it Carphil. Why do you have to make sense?
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:17 pm

It was my understanding that the only humans who are left in Lordran (or who go there anymore) were undead...

Last edited by Hugh_G_Johnson on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:18 pm

I always kind of thought it was on your wrist.
    When the hollow bends over to use the dark sign it holds out its hand.
    Gods_Twilight
    Gods_Twilight
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gods_Twilight Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:39 am

I had always assumed it was on your chest over your heart, hence the huge sort of tumorous growth across that seems to spread out.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:33 pm

It's on the hand according to the intro, isn't it? Or is my memory hazy?

Also, not everyone in Lordran is Undead! I don't believe Sieglinde is, at any rate...
    Kratos1810
    Kratos1810

Post by Kratos1810 Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:08 pm

Wasn't it on the side of the neck? Could have sworn it was
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:15 am

Pretty sure its the eyes. Your character is a hollow although you don't have the red eyes.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:23 am

I always had the theory that it was engraved on the inside, in the heart. That would explain why a shirtless hollow has something weird going on in his chest.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:36 am

In the introduction cutscene, we see a person who may in fact be Anastacia hovering over a fallen soldier, who is an undead (it's shown to us seconds later)

She puts her hand to the undead's face, right up to the undead's eye sockets. It's not shown to us directly but we are shown the darksign a second later. It can only be assumed that the darksign is located where the eyes would be on a regular human.

In-game, for most characters you cannot see anything when they are hollow. There is nothing more that shadow where your eyes would be (or it could be a lot of eyeliner). I haven't tried it out, but if you were to look close enough to the chosen undead's eyes you may be able to see the darksign.

Let's not forget the rest of the hollowed undead that we run across in the game. All of these undead have glowing red eyes, which may in fact symbolize that they have gone mad because the darksign won't let them die.
    Nugget
    Nugget
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Nugget Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:13 am

I don't know where it is for sure, but I do know that it would make a sick tramp-stamp.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:01 pm