Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

need help with something

CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

need help with something Empty need help with something

Post by CarverUpqik Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:18 am

im trying to play with my 2 friends but it wont let me set messages or anything, it says im connected to server but i cant set messages see them or bloodstains i cant invade anyone and my friends cant see my ss
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

need help with something Empty Re: need help with something

Post by CarverUpqik Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:50 pm

bump
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:12 pm

I have had this before. It's just a case of the game failing to 'properly' connect to the servers.
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:38 pm

yea but its been doing it for like the last 3 days itll work fine but as soon as i go to actually play with my friends it starts acting up
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:41 pm

Don't quote me on any of this but my best guess is that it's because the game has so little online traffic right now. From what I remember, the servers would divide everyone online into "blocks" and only allow you to connect with people in your block. Then, every 15-30 minutes, it would shift you to another block of players. This was so connectivity between players was stronger since people in your block were guaranteed to be handled by the same server, and so that you wouldn't constantly be invaded/summoning the exact same people and could get more variety in who you play with.

My guess is that this system is still in place, but hasn't been reduced down at all since when Demon's Souls was at its peak. What this results in is that there aren't enough players to fill all the blocks, and as you get naturally shifted between them it will end up placing you in an empty block where you are the only player. This explains why you're still online, but have all of your online items/actions disabled if it can't find any other available players required to activate the items.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:23 am