Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Carphil
Scudman_Slayer
aceluby
theAnimus
Eliteknight
Darkson
strangejoy
11 posters

I hate invading Japanese players

Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

I hate invading Japanese players - Page 2 Empty Re: I hate invading Japanese players

Post by Scudman_Slayer Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:56 pm

no that i know of strangejoy

Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

I hate invading Japanese players - Page 2 Empty Re: I hate invading Japanese players

Post by Darkson Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:57 pm

Carphil wrote: Yes i read the first post, but what I'm trying to say is not that YOU are insulting someone because of the lag in his/her country, but what I said is that there are many trolls out there, and THESE Threads are aways locked because some people don't have respect at all for the others.

Then i guess THESE TROLLS are the problem IMO.

Last edited by Darkson on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:00 pm

Yikes, lol
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:01 pm

i respect everyone although i decide to show my respect in being a douche half the time

(a few know me on the old forums and i was a dick back then)
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:04 pm

Lol, you show your respect in being a douche? I don't get it.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:07 pm

well yes as your mind is too weak to comprehend (see?) i will have to explain this to you

i am a douche and i am very sarcastic with people sometimes,but i don't mean harm to anyone as i didn't mean harm by saying your mind is too weak to comprehend ,some people take it as an insult yes but there are also others like me which are douches that shows respect in being douches
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:09 pm

poor strangejoy.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:35 pm

Please get this thread back on topic which is:

Anybody have any relevant suggestions for tweaking one's Internet connection to reduce lag?
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:49 pm

Thank you Emergence, and sorry to everybody if I talk too much useless stuff in general. happy Back on topic.

This would also be very important for me to know what (or if any) settings could be tweaked to reduce lag or to insure you don't have to pvp with people from the other side of the world.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:03 pm

BUMP!

I REALLY WANNA KNOW IF OR HOW PLEASE! I CANT STAND THE JAPANESESESES ANYMORE TELEPORTING BEHIND MY BACK OUT OF NOWHERE! THIS IS ALL CAPS RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:05 pm

...its the lag its not the japanese's fault they live on the otherside of the wolrd just gonna say this you invade a japanese player the moment you see they're japanese black crystal out ASAP
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:09 pm

I KNOW YOU FDKSÖLANF GOD DAMMIT

ok, let's be cool now. did you even read what I and the OP are heavily asking for????

We know it's lag! We know it's not their fault! That wasn't even the point, I don't even... godammit Scudman
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:11 pm

the fact that no one has answered your question is pretty obvious of what the answer is

there IS no way to do so
    there you happy now?
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:15 pm

SORRY, but I just wanted to really know if or if not and if then how!?!!

And who are you even to state that?!?!?! I really do not need people like you when I'm already angry.

Ok, sorry, I forgot you tend to show your respect in being a douche...

I apologize.

Last edited by Darkson on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:18 pm

Please lock this thread or something. There is aways a troll around.

And I love japanese food and culture by the way.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:25 pm

This has nothing to do with the Japanese people, culture or anything, please! OP was just asking how to reduce lag or how to maybe prevent from being invaded by people from too far away! I do in no way hate japanese people! It's the exact opposite! I really like their culture! And a particular game that comes from there.

I apologize my ridiculous all caps rage post, but that is how I feel when constantly getting lagstabbed. I can't help it. Go on lock this thread. I don't care anymore, just gotta learn to live with it.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:34 pm

Two things cause lag. Distance and bandwidth. Distance is the other side of the world and cannot be changed. Bandwidth is controlled by your provider. Hopefully you can make your own conclusions on what you can do to reduce lag...
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:42 pm

aceluby wrote:Two things cause lag. Distance and bandwidth. Distance is the other side of the world and cannot be changed. Bandwidth is controlled by your provider. Hopefully you can make your own conclusions on what you can do to reduce lag...

Well, thanks for a contructive reply!

Pvp against players from the US for example works just perfectly fine, no lag at all! Really! (And I'm from Austria)

It's really just always I get killed because of untakeable lag (which is 90% of the time) the player was from Japan. I would REALLY like the fact that I'm playing against people from Japan if it weren't such a pain in the back.

I don't know what internet connection would be recommend. I think mine is pretty descent but I will get a new one i guess.

Last edited by Darkson on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:45 pm

Scudman_Slayer wrote:well yes as your mind is too weak to comprehend (see?) i will have to explain this to you

i am a douche and i am very sarcastic with people sometimes,but i don't mean harm to anyone as i didn't mean harm by saying your mind is too weak to comprehend ,some people take it as an insult yes but there are also others like me which are douches that shows respect in being douches

Scud you're such a douche. silly
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:48 pm

^

this is off topic but, big boss is awesome! big grin
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:51 pm

Darkson wrote:
    aceluby wrote:Two things cause lag. Distance and bandwidth. Distance is the other side of the world and cannot be changed. Bandwidth is controlled by your provider. Hopefully you can make your own conclusions on what you can do to reduce lag...

Well, thanks for a contructive reply!

Pvp against players from the US for example works just perfectly fine, no lag at all! Really!

It's really just always I get killed because of untakeable lag (which is 90% of the time) the player was from Japan. I would REALLY like the fact that I'm playing against people from Japan if it weren't such a pain in the back.

I don't know what internet connection would be recommend. I think mine is pretty descent but I will get a new one i guess.

It's the other half of the equation... distance. You can't control it.

Think of it like this. We have a pipeline of water that needs to go from here to Japan. If we have one pipeline that is 1m around, but is full all the time, increasing the pipeline to 5m around would help, but would still cause a lapse from when it left here and got to Japan. Now, if you have a 5m pipeline that isn't full all the time and increase it to 10m the time it would take the water to get to Japan would be the same.

Since you have no problems with US players the size of your pipe is probably fine which means you're in the second camp and no matter how much bandwidth you add it will always take the same amount of time to get there.

Make sense?
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:52 pm

My hope was that there was a way to limit distance by, for instance, refusing to connect to people outside of certain time zones. I guess there is no way to do this, although playing at certain times of day should help. What a shame.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:55 pm

Darkson wrote:
    Carphil wrote: Yes i read the first post, but what I'm trying to say is not that YOU are insulting someone because of the lag in his/her country, but what I said is that there are many trolls out there, and THESE Threads are aways locked because some people don't have respect at all for the others.

Then i guess THESE TROLLS are the problem IMO.

Carphil, I see now that you were totally right. :pale:
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:00 pm

I feel the Japanese have gotten a little better when it comes to what we consider 'honorable PvP' lately, but I'm pretty sure their internet connections are simply better than ours (America's).

Either way, if you're truly getting frustrated, try Co-Oping instead - the Japanese pwn PvE.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:03 pm

Link to how the architecture of the internet is setup (if you like reading)

http://www.livinginternet.com/i/ia_tools_top.htm

Also there are Dual Band Routers you can purchase that you can configure this way:

1. On one channel or band your PS3 and configure that channel with priority for all incoming and outgoing traffic
    2. On the second channel or band, all other devices.

Last edited by meridam99 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sorry for getting all serious on everyone)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:41 am