Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Slarg232
alchemydesign
GrinTwist
nsane32
Cartod
YouLikeCherries?
Latitoast
LunarFog
CakeThiefPro
Dutchy
14 posters

Why is Leeroy found in the Tomb of Nito?

Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Why is Leeroy found in the Tomb of Nito? Empty Why is Leeroy found in the Tomb of Nito?

Post by Dutchy Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:31 am

I have a theory about it, I havn't googled it up yet, but I think that he is corrupted by Nito (Or Nito owns his souls) and works for him. We initially get the assumption that he is a nice Paladin as he helps us to kill pinwheel, but he is killing pinwheel because Nito has willed it, he wants Pinwheel dead. Then when you carry on further and go into the Tomb of the Giants, Leeroy is defending Nito's grave and so invades you and tries to kill you. Then you kill Nito and find his corpse with his gear on it. Off topic: One thing I never got was how when you killed an NPC invader x amount of times, they died for real? What's the story behind that?
    CakeThiefPro
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Why is Leeroy found in the Tomb of Nito? Empty Re: Why is Leeroy found in the Tomb of Nito?

Post by CakeThiefPro Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:10 pm

Interesting theory. Leeroy was the first Paladin and the prospect of going against a Gwyn level being probably didn't inspire him much. He knew he'd been sent on a suicide mission so faced with those circumstances who wouldn't switch sides and try to fight the gods and their servants. Leeroy could have even been the one that took the Great Divine Ember to Nito as it creates the weapons he fears most.
    Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Why is Leeroy found in the Tomb of Nito? Empty Re: Why is Leeroy found in the Tomb of Nito?

Post by Dutchy Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:26 pm

Yeah, that makes a bit of sense.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:49 pm

I believe that in Leeroy's timeline/universe:

Leeroy is making the same journey into the catacombs that Rhea and her group are making.

Leeroy gets all the way to Nito who then kills him/corrupts him.

His now corrupted soul invades you.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:56 pm

Well you do get the Rite of Kindling, and I believe reading somewhere that a Way of White's mission is not to kill Gwyn, but to Kindle Flames to prolong the lifespan of Gwyn and the First Flame.

Maybe he's jelly and wants to kill you because you have the Rite and he doesn't.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Reah+of+Thorolund

Read the first paragraph.
    YouLikeCherries?
    YouLikeCherries?

Post by YouLikeCherries? Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:59 pm

That's interesting. I never thought about that before. Considering Pinwheel wants to steal the power of good ol' Nito... Nice observation! I haven't heard this one before.
    Cartod
    Cartod
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cartod Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:40 pm

LunarFog wrote:I believe that in Leeroy's timeline/universe:

Leeroy is making the same journey into the catacombs that Rhea and her group are making.

Leeroy gets all the way to Nito who then kills him/corrupts him.

His now corrupted soul invades you.

This is how I understood it too, but now that I think about it, a few things don't add up to me.

-The first contact you can make with Leeroy is through his summon sign, located on the ledge above the Bonewheels. This makes sense to me. He probably inscribed his sign on the ledge so that his spirit could aid future missionaries even if he failed his mission.

-BUT, when you are invaded by Leeroy, it's WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY down in The Tomb of Giants. How did he get down there without killing Pinwheel? If he had killed Pinwheel, why didn't he just turn around and make his way home? Why keep going? The only way I can think of bypassing Pinwheel is by using the coffin to go right to Nito's lair, but that doesn't make much sense because his summon sign is inscribed too low for that to be the explanation. If he had taken the coffin, he never would have been able to leave his summon sign on the ledge. Additionally, I don't see why a Paladin would see a coffin in the middle of a huge tomb while he's on a vital mission for the church and say to himself "I think this is a good time for a nap". So this seems unlikely to me.

This is me reading way too much into it, especially considering that his name is freaking "Paladin Leeroy", but the whole situation sure is murky.

Maybe he's just a disgruntled member of the church.
    I don't know, look at Petrus, he's got problems.

EDIT: Maybe Pinwheel just killed him and enslaved his soul. Maybe I'm a retard.
    EDIT II The Clone Wars: But who dies to Pinwheel lol
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:54 am

Leeroy was a undead chosen by the Way of White to go on the mission to link the Fire his first mission was to retrieve the rite of kindling and take the soul of Nito on his way down into the catacombs he left his white sign so that his spirit could help those traversing into the Tomb of Giants and defeat Pinwheel. When Leeroy reached the barrier he found that he could not open because he didnt hold the Lord Vessel and could not find his way back through the darkness of the Tomb. So eventually he went hollow and hunts all those that get to the barrier

this is the official story
    Cartod
    Cartod
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cartod Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:14 am

nsane32 wrote:Leeroy was a undead chosen by the Way of White to go on the mission to link the Fire his first mission was to retrieve the rite of kindling and take the soul of Nito on his way down into the catacombs he left his white sign so that his spirit could help those traversing into the Tomb of Giants and defeat Pinwheel. When Leeroy reached the barrier he found that he could not open because he didnt hold the Lord Vessel and could not find his way back through the darkness of the Tomb. So eventually he went hollow and hunts all those that get to the barrier

Source on the soul of Nito part?
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:43 am

nsane32 wrote:Leeroy was a undead chosen by the Way of White to go on the mission to link the Fire his first mission was to retrieve the rite of kindling and take the soul of Nito on his way down into the catacombs he left his white sign so that his spirit could help those traversing into the Tomb of Giants and defeat Pinwheel. When Leeroy reached the barrier he found that he could not open because he didnt hold the Lord Vessel and could not find his way back through the darkness of the Tomb. So eventually he went hollow and hunts all those that get to the barrier

This is what I've always went by as far as his story in the Catacombs and the Tomb went. However it does raise a question. If he was blocked by the barrier into the rest of the Tomb why is it we see his corpse in Nito's lair?

It's kind of odd, seeing as it is past the barrier.
    Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dutchy Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:35 am

I've never heard this official story. Link.
    Cartod
    Cartod
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cartod Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:20 pm

As far as I know, we've only been told that the church is sending missionaries into the catacombs in search of the Rite of Kindling, so I'm not sure how Nito's Lord soul got involved here.
    alchemydesign
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by alchemydesign Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:16 pm

In HIS timeline he does make it to Nito, this we know by his body being there, but this also tells us that he was killed by Nito. However, the part where he invades is our time crossing into his, I know that if *I* was on an official mission for my faith and came across an armed stranger powerful enough to make it as far as they had I might assume that they were after me.

The problem comes in not knowing their state of minds, plus there is no..what we could call time memory...if you summoned Leroy for Pinwheel then it would stand that he would remember fighting with you much as Solaire remembers fighting with you. However, if you didn't summon him then he would not know who you are and simply assume you are there to stop him in his task.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:03 pm

I always figured he was sent to get the Rite, found out it was a suicide mission, got fed up with his church and pledged his life to the closest thing to a diety he could find.
    MistahrFox
    MistahrFox
    Regular
    Regular

Post by MistahrFox Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:37 pm

Well I always saw the "Holy mission" of the Way of white's church as a way to rid themselves of any church member that becomes undead. So if Leeroy realized this AFTER killing pinwheel, he might have sworn revenge, and looked for a way out of the tomb, lets say he didnt find the shortcut back to the bonewheel place and ventured forward. Grant should have made short work of the Skeleton beasts and giants, so he reaches Nito and fails to defeat him, and again, and again, and yet again. This could have hollowed him, OR he wanted more souls to gather power and Kill Nito, 2 reasons that could have made him invade other worlds. But untimatly he dies one final time by the hands of papa Nito.

Just a theory, may have holes
    Cartod
    Cartod
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cartod Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:04 pm

Slarg232 wrote:I always figured he was sent to get the Rite, found out it was a suicide mission, got fed up with his church and pledged his life to the closest thing to a diety he could find.

I really like this theory.

PS: Are you slarg from the LoL forums?
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:09 am

Maybe he's just pissed off that he did all the work at the bonewheel skeletons and Pinwheel while you were chilling somewhere in a corner?
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:12 am

Nito has a great deal of power over death; the description of his lord soul says he administers death for most creatures. Essentially, he is the "god" of death.

So, if you know of and are on good terms with a being who essentially has near-absolute power over death, what would you do when death starts to go wonky and the dead start walking again?

If I were the head of a massive religion of warrior-clerics, I would send someone to go ask my pal the grim reaper what the hell was going on. What I would NOT do is give some of my organization's greatest treasures to a person I'm sending on a suicide mission.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:33 am

Shkar wrote:Nito has a great deal of power over death; the description of his lord soul says he administers death for most creatures. Essentially, he is the "god" of death.

So, if you know of and are on good terms with a being who essentially has near-absolute power over death, what would you do when death starts to go wonky and the dead start walking again?

If I were the head of a massive religion of warrior-clerics, I would send someone to go ask my pal the grim reaper what the hell was going on. What I would NOT do is give some of my organization's greatest treasures to a person I'm sending on a suicide mission.

The way of white works for gwyn, not nito, thus that motivation was not relevant. They sent him with such good weapons and armor hoping he would be able to fulfill the chosen undead's deastiny. Sadly, he failed in his mission and this failure caused him to lose hope and hollow.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:56 pm

The Way of White is actually lead by Lloyd, and the motivation is based on the assumption that it Isn't lef by Nito. Hence why I said that they were going to check on him, since he basically has control over death.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:05 am