Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Myztyrio
KrazykevS10
Serious_Much
Carphil
User1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
skarekrow13
11 posters

Gremlin Event: Towel Day Celebration!

xtal84
    xtal84
    Regular
    Regular

Gremlin Event: Towel Day Celebration! - Page 3 Empty Re: Gremlin Event: Towel Day Celebration!

Post by xtal84 Thu May 02, 2013 6:36 pm

Aha-This is wonderful.

Every time May rolls around the thought to check out Towel Day events will usually pop into my head. Hilariously, to my surprise this year, as I'm reading the list of events on towelday.org I see that:

"Skarekrow13, player of multiplayer online game Demons and Dark Souls is promoting Towel Day and encouraging people to observe it in-game, carrying virtual towels."

And I think, hang on a sec, that's the guy with the Brain Gremlin avatar (which makes me smile and think of this every time).

I doubt I'll have time to dedicate a purely silly build to this, but I will certainly get online at some point May 24/25 and wear a towel headwrap, since wrapping a towel around your head is one of its best uses! Sign me up.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Gremlin Event: Towel Day Celebration! - Page 3 Empty Re: Gremlin Event: Towel Day Celebration!

Post by skarekrow13 Thu May 02, 2013 6:43 pm

Lol sweet! They added it. I like that the highlights are in Skarekrow green too (see my green link in my sig for a skarekrow green explanation). I'll add ya as a GremLite! Make sure to post any stories here and feel free to send me a pic of your character in his towel
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 08, 2013 10:58 am

If more people don't join I'm going to start spamming Vogon poetry in every thread!
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Wed May 08, 2013 11:02 am

I thought I had already joined this event, huh, I guess I didn't.

Count me in on the event, Skare.

Just do me a favor and start spamming some of that beautiful vogon poetry.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 08, 2013 11:45 am

Well I think you showed early interest (aka, too lazy to look at the first few pages) but I didn't officially start adding people to the list until the relaunch about a week ago. I didn't want to add a bunch of names when I announced the event 42 days ahead of time and have everyone forget about it. You're in it now though!

Also, we'd love to have some modeling. If you can PM me pics of your character in costume I'll put them up on page 1.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Wed May 08, 2013 11:49 am

Alright I'll see if I can get some pictures of my build.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 08, 2013 11:59 am

Sweet! Video is fine too if you wanna do that. Could make a promo vid....

Note to self; make promo video
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed May 08, 2013 12:24 pm

I am yet to find how I can upload pictures from my phone which I never use.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 08, 2013 2:11 pm

You can do eeet!

If you have an S3 I could give you all sorts of suggestion.....love that phone!
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed May 08, 2013 2:39 pm

I don't have an S3, since I don't use phones much as a general thing.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 08, 2013 3:01 pm

I need to force myself to put my phone down. At home my computer gathers dust most of the time as my S3 does almost everything it does and most things better.

Have you tried sending a picture/text message to an email account so you can then download it to your computer? I was able to do that even pre-smart phone.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed May 08, 2013 3:07 pm

I should try that.
    It may be the only way open to me.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed May 08, 2013 6:31 pm

Today my english teacher told me some stuff about the tower day, like where the idea came from and stuff

In honour of it, tomorrow I'll start my new "Towel" toon big grin
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 08, 2013 7:37 pm

I'm assuming that means you're in...

To the list!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri May 10, 2013 11:43 am

So I added a pic of my character to the modeling section of the thread!
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri May 10, 2013 12:29 pm

Cool model! Liked the animation, I have no idea how you did that..
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri May 10, 2013 12:59 pm

Smartphone!

I downloaded a .gif maker app (free of course), took a couple nude pics (for two frames), two with towel one, two with towel two, used burst mode to get a lot of sequential shots of the gesture animation, took a pic of him after just standing......added "Towel Day" text and exported twice....adedd "May 25th" text and exported twice more.....

Added 20 shots to the .gif maker and voila.....

The hardest part is that the image host site that the forum is tied to won't host a .gif that large so I had to find another free hosting site that would.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri May 10, 2013 1:00 pm

Also, once I'm done messing with people with my current "avatar" I might switch to that to promote the event
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri May 10, 2013 1:00 pm

Smartphone!
    Wish I had a decent one!
    But, that sounds really cool to do! I could make my own gifs! (heaven)
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri May 10, 2013 1:02 pm

What phone do you have if you don't mind me asking? You might be able to.

Edit: And really I'm positive there's lots of great free applications to make them on the computer....I just chose phone since I'm always using that. From there, you'd only have to get pics to the computer.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri May 10, 2013 1:04 pm

I have a phone which I got with my contract with T-Mobile. It doesn't have a proper model name. :oops:
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri May 10, 2013 1:07 pm

What OS does it use? If it's Android I can give you app names that I use.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri May 10, 2013 1:08 pm

Yes, it uses Android OS.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri May 10, 2013 1:23 pm

Sweet! I used GIF Camera. It works pretty well. My only problem with it is, if you have a TON of pictures, it doesn't organize very well. Like you can't search by folder or anything, it's just one long list off all your photos by date. However, the Towel Day one still worked out ok, because I took all the pictures right before making the .gif so they were top of the list anyway. If your camera has a burst mode then you'll have the world as your oyster. If not, then it'll be more like claymation (stop motion) where you'll have to take a picture, change the subject, take a picture, etc. So you might have some wobble (like I did) from the camera angle changing slightly.

GIF Camera actually has a mode to just instantly make a .gif which is essentially a burst mode camera built in. It might work regardless of whether your phone's camera app does it or not already.

You can also change the frames per second. For instance the towel day one is 5 frames per second allowing you to actually see the transitions while my Gremissary to the Cult of Fluttershy .gif was done at 20 fps so it's just a crazy flicker.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri May 10, 2013 1:33 pm

Sweet stuff. My phone doesn't have burst mode, not even cameras have that, unless they are very expensive. I think I'll try out GIF camera though, it sounds like it has a lot of different possibilities. I could finally make myself an avatar. (woot!)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:19 am