Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
MasterofShadows
skarekrow13
LunarFog
Halicarnassis
Shindori
vegan666
kramage
11 posters

Possible additions to make DS2 better (from a gamer point of view)

kramage
    kramage
    Casual
    Casual

Possible additions to make DS2 better (from a gamer point of view) Empty Possible additions to make DS2 better (from a gamer point of view)

Post by kramage Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:30 am

Possible spoilers as I have a knack for correct predictions *cough ff13 sucks (a story about running away but you can't run away in battle Look Skyward)* but I think these additions would be cool to have in the game:

1. Developer inspired dark spirits i.e. dark spirits that invade with the names of developers in the team that they made and that they would only appear with certain conditions met. Conditions like heatlh less than 50% or if one of your stats was at a certain level i.e Int 34.

2. More curse related spells

3. A covenant that allows for a list of people within the covenant be seen much like the book of the guilty but for co-op and with a search function to locate certain people within the said covenant.

4. Str increases weapon speed? Op or not current str weapons such as ultras and greats are hilariously slow. I'm talking a 10-30 frame decrease.

5. I think an auto cast catalyst would be sweet. Before you say thats op think about this. You need to hold it in order for spells to be auto cast'd meaning you either have no shield or no weapon. And it would be the weakest catalyst in the game with probably only 80-100 mag adj and low scaling. I'd say something along the lines of a students catalyst from dragon school and was meant for more of an encouragement tool to help build confidence in casting spells not for actual spell casting. (bring on the old monk build)

6. A boss that is like the old monk but instead copies you/your phantoms and makes them dark spirits. 3 on 3 action and the game also keeps a record of how you play and factors that in to the AI such as how often you roll or go straight for a bs that sort of thing.

Thats about it for me. Post comment, like, hate, whatever.

Also for number 6 I actually have concept art for it. Did it as a joke to figure out what the broken stone arch in the Nexus was. Actually turned out pretty good. Its called "Isle of Golgotha" and revolves around the missing disciple that teaches you miracles at the start before you find Saint Urbain. Basically its the story of where Vallarfax went to escape Boletaria nuff said.
    vegan666
    vegan666
    Addicted
    Addicted

Possible additions to make DS2 better (from a gamer point of view) Empty Re: Possible additions to make DS2 better (from a gamer point of view)

Post by vegan666 Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:48 am

kramage wrote: A boss that is like the old monk but instead copies you/your phantoms and makes them dark spirits. 3 on 3 action and the game also keeps a record of how you play and factors that in to the AI such as how often you roll or go straight for a bs that sort of thing.

I don't think this will happen, but that could be very cool! Getting to fight a clone of your character with same stats and gear! Could be intense!
    kramage
    kramage
    Casual
    Casual

Possible additions to make DS2 better (from a gamer point of view) Empty Re: Possible additions to make DS2 better (from a gamer point of view)

Post by kramage Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:07 am

yea I know but I can dream right lol.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:50 am

Hey if they did it with Dark Link in the Water Temple, why not in Dark souls 2?
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:44 am

Number 3 number 3!!! Totally want that! How cool would that be... like stalking your prey as a Darkmoon
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:24 am

kramage wrote:Possible spoilers as I have a knack for correct predictions *cough ff13 sucks (a story about running away but you can't run away in battle Look Skyward)* but I think these additions would be cool to have in the game:

1. Developer inspired dark spirits i.e. dark spirits that invade with the names of developers in the team that they made and that they would only appear with certain conditions met. Conditions like heatlh less than 50% or if one of your stats was at a certain level i.e Int 34.

2. More curse related spells

3. A covenant that allows for a list of people within the covenant be seen much like the book of the guilty but for co-op and with a search function to locate certain people within the said covenant.

4. Str increases weapon speed? Op or not current str weapons such as ultras and greats are hilariously slow. I'm talking a 10-30 frame decrease.

5. I think an auto cast catalyst would be sweet. Before you say thats op think about this. You need to hold it in order for spells to be auto cast'd meaning you either have no shield or no weapon. And it would be the weakest catalyst in the game with probably only 80-100 mag adj and low scaling. I'd say something along the lines of a students catalyst from dragon school and was meant for more of an encouragement tool to help build confidence in casting spells not for actual spell casting. (bring on the old monk build)

6. A boss that is like the old monk but instead copies you/your phantoms and makes them dark spirits. 3 on 3 action and the game also keeps a record of how you play and factors that in to the AI such as how often you roll or go straight for a bs that sort of thing.

Thats about it for me. Post comment, like, hate, whatever.

Also for number 6 I actually have concept art for it. Did it as a joke to figure out what the broken stone arch in the Nexus was. Actually turned out pretty good. Its called "Isle of Golgotha" and revolves around the missing disciple that teaches you miracles at the start before you find Saint Urbain. Basically its the story of where Vallarfax went to escape Boletaria nuff said.

I came up with an idea like 3 before. I think it was for my revamp for princess guard or sunbros.

4.) Absolutely not. The zweihander is slow because it does so much damage with so much range. And ith as the ability to stunlock even though it's so slow. Horrible idea.

5.) The auto cast catalyst seems op as well. It wouldn't matter if the spells are so weak, just hold it in your left hand and let the soul arrows stun the other guy and come in with an ultra big weapon.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:22 pm

Number 1:

"Toastyyyyyyy!"

I'd be worried it would break reality. If they want to promote the game that way with nods to the developers I would rather that they hold event, similar to what we do with user made covenants where the developing team/From employees/etc. all have a list of event specific names that are published and invade the heck out of the world. Maybe have a uniform, certain invading area etc.
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:45 pm

I say no to speeding up weapons that are meant to be slow. I mean really, why take away the advantages of lighter faster weapons, by increasing the speed of the higher damage ones. You would effectively nullify lighter weapons.

But being invaded by a Black Phantom version of your character, now that is ultimate win. I'd pay extra money for the game just to get that in.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:05 pm

i feel the catalyst could be op but if its used incorrectly then it would suck though it kinda depends on how often it fires a spell.

as for the ugs they could speed it up a smidge but in reality if you bring a big arse hammer to a duel and your swinging it like a small mace it may be op. so a bit would be nice.

and a duel against myself? damn im worried that it may use my class better than me lol silly

and curse spells yes XD be like toxin or plauge (they need to bring plauge back imo) but it cant be very high per sec or per cast but it would be cool.

i also like your idea with the covs be awesome though i want them to somehow bring Nito back and give him a better cov with pvp
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:54 pm

Anything that will encourage more PvP/Co-op action. The 3 on 3 battle is a nice idea. Things like that consistently, and I'm happy.
    kramage
    kramage
    Casual
    Casual

Post by kramage Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:26 am

@ Lunarfog; now that I think about it 4 might be op but i wouldnt mind the knock back effect of R2's back in DeS where the 2h was a knock down and the 1h was a knock back.

As for 5 it would half your castings and there would be a 30 sec cool down, plus you would see the full casting animation particle effect to signal that a spell is being cast and swapping out does not reset its cast time.

But honestly I really do believe that 6 should happen one way or another because the worst enemy is always yourself and to have an AI use only the best parts of how you play could be the ultimate test of your build.

I really need to find old sketchbook with the said concept art to give you guys a better idea of what I mean.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:11 pm

I honestly think they should just give 1-2 hit Mega Armor (Max Poise) per weapon swing per 20 points of resistance.
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:49 pm

i feel most of ur ideas are pve related and would destroy pvp but i like the idea of STR increasing str swing speed, it just makes good sense :|

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:59 pm