Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+43
DS_Dene
kazumoshi
Scaredbyowls
Marino.
Shaloka
SlothAlmighty
CallMeTiff
Conrack
ErrJon6661
ClassicBlaze
Ichikuro
FirstOfTheDead
Dibsville
benny-the-jew
EverlastingRat
Serious_Much
>Brave<
nsane32
SadPanda
Rayko
Shkar
steveswede
Frank_White
MosquitoPower
Animaaal
R3dlace
raecor14
Hue
Halicarnassis
Forum Pirate
Werdax
DE5PA1R
Myztyrio
mr_no_face
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
GrinTwist
Tchuwib
Tolvo
Soris Ice Goldwing
DemonOfFate
Slarg232
User1
Dubscythe
47 posters

I want a cape equipment slot in Dark Souls II

Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

I want a cape equipment slot in Dark Souls II - Page 4 Empty Re: I want a cape equipment slot in Dark Souls II

Post by Conrack Wed May 08, 2013 12:57 pm

To be honest I'm just glad clothing will have physics now, I couldn't stand the way the Chester armor moved (silver knight cape and Black priest robes as well).
    CallMeTiff
    CallMeTiff

Location : The Land of the Midnight Sun' and 'The Land of the Vikings'

I want a cape equipment slot in Dark Souls II - Page 4 Empty Re: I want a cape equipment slot in Dark Souls II

Post by CallMeTiff Sat May 11, 2013 3:06 am

Almost every game out there has a cape, though only a handful have made it look good and "real" - but i have faith in Dark Souls 2 and hopefully they'll atleast give us sets with cloth parts and capes.
    SlothAlmighty
    SlothAlmighty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlothAlmighty Fri May 24, 2013 8:35 pm

Tolvo wrote:I'd rather it just be that certain outfits have capes. If the cape is an equipment slot then you wouldn't be playing practically to go without one, such as wearing no helm. Thus everyone would be wearing a cape which would look pretty damn silly. Sometimes I like to wear a cape and sometimes I don't.

could just have it as a misc equipment slot. could be rings, capes, amulets, belts, etc. you still only get two slots but the effects are different and your character looks different.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat May 25, 2013 2:01 am

EverlastingRat wrote:what about a Spawn cape? lol! talk about OP, i guess that would be like combining ring of steel protection, camouflage and fall control spell, maybe stone plate rings and some other shhht

Oh yes! Oh yes yes yes!!

I would go find a high windy tall pillary structure to stand on just because. I would also emote all the proper gestures while my cape of awesomeness was blowing in the wind...then I'd nap...zzz zz

Conrack wrote:To be honest I'm just glad clothing will have physics now, I couldn't stand the way the Chester armor moved (silver knight cape and Black priest robes as well).

Ya me too man, me too all the way. It was like, did I just get outta the shower? Did I rub glue on my legs? Am I suffering from static cling? What is this strange magic?straight face
    Shaloka

Post by Shaloka Sat May 25, 2013 7:37 am

Didn't the knights from Boulder have capes?

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/dark-souls/5/53/Balder_Knight.jpeg
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sat May 25, 2013 9:21 am

Scaredbyowls
    Scaredbyowls

Post by Scaredbyowls Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:24 am

A cape slot would be AWESOME.
    Only if you could fill it with more than just capes, say a flowing scarf!
    Orrrrr, I don't know Ties, Bowties.
    OR FiLL IT UP WITH SHOULDER EQUIPMENT.
    Like, pauldrons, or some fantastic.
    NOT trolling, I'm dead serious.
    I want a F***ing scarf.
    kazumoshi
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by kazumoshi Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:43 am

Frank_White wrote:To all the people complaining about capes, they're already confirmed to be in. Can't find the thread with the screenshots right now, but one of them includes the player wearing the Chariot guys armor set, which includes a long black cape.

At first, I completely disregarded your statement, but I think I've merely misread it.
    As you said, capes will be in Dark Souls II, just like they are in Dark Souls I; As an accompaniment to certain armors. 
    As to why they're on every set shown? Well that's probably because they want to show off as much of the new engine as possible. 
     ------
    Onto the argument of how capes could be implemented as a constant of the game.
    The easiest solution would be to change the "ring" slot, to an accessory slot. This way, we wouldn't have every character in the game graciously gallivanting in grandiose garb. 
    I disagree with idea of customizeable cosmetics in the Souls series though.
    Dark Souls is not about making your character look the coolest, or making every piece of armor fit. It's about fording your way through the waters of torment that are your world.
    DS_Dene
    DS_Dene
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DS_Dene Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:41 am

Perfect for those who wanna look fancy.

Scaredbyowls wrote:A cape slot would be AWESOME.
    Only if you could fill it with more than just capes, say a flowing scarf!
    Orrrrr, I don't know Ties, Bowties.
    OR FiLL IT UP WITH SHOULDER EQUIPMENT.
    Like, pauldrons, or some fantastic.
    NOT trolling, I'm dead serious.
    I want a F***ing scarf.
     ^ A shoulder slot would be the best.
    Tdtots

Post by Tdtots Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:33 pm

cant tell you how disapointed i was finding out the balder armor didnt come with the awesome torn up cape, also the giants armor with that poncho thing. OH and also artorias' armor doesnt look cool without the flowing scarf. just make the armor come with a cape and im happy
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:04 pm

As someone who picks armor almost entirely for looks, I can say I actually don't want capes. They would hide how I look and make it discouraging to find good-looking armor combos since, hey, your cape is going to cover it all anyway.

Mind you I can see this exact same thing being used as a positive point for a min/maxer in that they can build whatever crummy-looking-yet-perfectly-statistical armor they want and simply hide it behind a cape. Still not for me though.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:07 am

I want a fez. With realistic tassel physics.
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:36 pm

as much as i would like this also im just going to say what my dad used to tell me when i was little.
    "wish in one hand and **** in the other see which fills up faster" lol
    Undiscovery
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Undiscovery Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:56 pm

A Neck Equipment slot, simple. For Amulets and Necklaces, (like in Diablo) Scarves, Capes, Panchos etc. Each obviously with it's own auxiliary affects. That way you'd have players wearing different variety to mix and match with armor. I've always felt a third ring slot was needed but a Neck Accessory slot would be great. Maybe even get covenant/guild emblems fashioned on them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 pm