Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+75
sinistroff
wfrosty
Hingle McCringleberry
Phenetylaminos
oldironforte
Graelaoch
DSGiant
Iron Boar
Gowan
DPSMurphy
Soul of Stray Demon
LeaderDogg
Hawkins172
Folkenio
Rooke89
SadPanda
Spaghetti?
Xanthous_King
MikailArksot
SolaireOfAstora
Say Xbox Again
Wilkinson3424
Moalover
Extofogeese
AwkwardArtemis
Formless
Undiscovery
PierreSBK71
Aendron
LukeboyDS
Exclusive
magyaronny
Valanor
Mental Gear
ghostshade
Gryph
Grumpy
brandons66
Anarchist26
TheAshenPhantom
Jaxobz
Woodlehh
DxTopham
sobamade
tooots
Bontee
Hatsune Miku
jtd234
zedsdead
tonberryking01
IHateTheFourKings
HereticForLife
Elysium™
Scarch
emraluces
LawlMahBawls
aWildNelby
wretchedsausage
reim0027
Looking Glass Mind
WaffleGuy
Yarxov
XachAttack
StiffNipples
Soris Ice Goldwing
Gollumseverywhere
User1
RANT
Serious_Much
Mr. Tart
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Zeta Prime
Animaaal
LunarFog
Tolvo
79 posters

Introduce Yourself V2.0

Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Introduce Yourself V2.0 - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself V2.0

Post by Yarxov Fri May 17, 2013 7:09 pm

Pendant is a forum myth and legend, nothing more. You can't prove he exists becasue like the mystery of the pendant there is no pendant.
    *hysterical laugh*
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri May 17, 2013 7:11 pm

whaaaa?!?!?! I coulda swore....... :affraid:
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Sat May 18, 2013 10:15 am

Okay, guess it's my time to do this. Been here a while now, but I don't post that much, although it has improved lately I guess.

My name is Jonathan and I'm currently 19 (almost 20). I live in Belgium which you will probably never hit on a landmap if you throw darts at it. I'm not sure how to translate the courses I'm following in school, but it's about helping children with all kinds of issues (growing up, language, immigrants, etc.). I do some voluntary work for people with a handicap.

I'm a shy person, except when around friends and on the internet. I have a wide sense of humor and I'm a goofball most of the time. I get compliments on my drawings and jokes, but I don't think too highly of myself. I think I can be pretty creative however and out of the 20 builds I made, only 1 of them doesn't have a weird thing/handicap going on.

I like helping people, so I'm always up for it if you need something or have a question. I don't have a build over SL 50, so I tend to help beginning players.

Other than that I like about every sort of music (from liquid DnB to heavy metal) and I read manga whenever I get my hands on it (Naruto and Bleach). I love watching football, but I'm lousy at it myself. Damn glasses.

Wish the new guys (and veterans) a warm stay here! silly
    Looking Glass Mind
    Looking Glass Mind
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Looking Glass Mind Sun May 19, 2013 3:10 am

Hello.

New member. 29, female, from Canada. I play on PS3.

Fell in love with Dark Souls at launch, still playing and frequenting this forum two years later. Lore seekers and analyzers such as VaatiVidya and ENB really made this game hold a special place in my heart. I truly believe it tells some of the greatest story architecture and themes of all time. I defend it tooth and nail to any naysayers I meet. happy

Nice to meet all of you.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun May 19, 2013 3:23 am

Right off the bat with the ASL. Hey Glass. Good to have you here.
    wretchedsausage
    wretchedsausage
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by wretchedsausage Sun May 19, 2013 4:25 am

G'day everyone
    My name is Isaac and I live in Victoria, Australia. I live with my Mum and Twin brother, and I am currently doing year 11 VCE. I have only picked up Dark Souls relatively recently, and I've only played about 100 hours. I am one of those people who can only play one game at a time, so this has been entirely consuming my game time.

Before Dark Souls I was playing Borderlands 2(and before that Borderlands) and I was almost finished when dark Souls arrived in the main. Needless to say, It never got completed.

I'm generally a pretty chatty and insightful person, I'm always up for a good debate/argument, and I look forward to contributing as much as I can to the Souls community.

I enjoy running(used to do 1/2 marathons, but now do more stuff on the track) and playing Ultimate Frisbee(way more fun than it sounds).

I'm pretty much borderline ADHD, and struggle to stay on subject, so the "no derailing threads" rule could prove to be a bit of a challenge. Im constantly trying to keep myself busy, and have learnt to solve various sized rubik's cubes, I can juggle, and I love penspinning. These things are a constant source of frustration and irritation to my family, but they manage to put up with it.

I'm lookin' forward to chatting with everybody, and I hope that I can become a productive member of the community.
    aWildNelby
    aWildNelby

Post by aWildNelby Mon May 20, 2013 10:38 am

I'm Cory aka Nelby. I'm 25 and suck at Dark Souls. IDK how active I'll be on the forums, but I figured I'd make an account anyways.

I play paintball in my spare time and get tattooed. I also play FPS a lot, especially Gotham City Impostors. I have a gaming Youtube channel that I barely ever upload videos too (NelbyGaming). That's about it.
    LawlMahBawls
    LawlMahBawls

Post by LawlMahBawls Mon May 20, 2013 5:56 pm

Hello, I am Nik, but I usually go by Lawl. I was on the wiki chat for about a year ish and have been playing dark and demon's souls since it came out. I m 20 years old and am currently studying computer engineering at college.

My 2 main darksouls PSNs are "dr_mc_ninja" and "TheLegendNeverDi"

I also play DotA 2 and Warcraft 3, as well as random steam games.
    emraluces
    emraluces

Post by emraluces Wed May 22, 2013 1:45 am

Fellow Undead... I'm Emraluces, which is an anagram. My real name is James. I'm 28 living in Chicago for the time being. I work as a consultant for the government of India. Mostly I travel and write, and in sixteen short months, I'll move to Buenos Aires to teach. The goal is to spend my thirties teaching around the globe. Why save the misadventures for the Golden Years, right?

The only games I play are RPG's. I was, unfortunately, an 'emo' kid in the nineties, and now suffer the throws of unbridled and transcendental romanticism heading into my thirties. So, the sorrows and triumphs of the Souls series are well within my wheelhouse of desired emotional experiences. And what's more, it's an experience that must be sought out in order to luxuriate in it.

As an aging gamer, I'm thankful for the Souls Series, as there's really no other games that offer this particular stripe of emotional reward at conquering the darkness within.

-Emraluces
    Scarch
    Scarch

Post by Scarch Wed May 22, 2013 5:23 pm

Hi, I just joined. I play Dark Souls on PC, my gamer tag is Mechacore so feel free to add me if you want to PvP or Coop. I'm always up for meeting new people. Just make sure you say something in the friend request along the lines of "I saw your post on wikispaces" otherwise I probably won't accept it if it's just a blank friend request from someone I've never heard of.

I love multiplayer in all forms, I love meeting people who'll play with me on an ongoing basis. I like roleplaying in game for deeper immersion. I also like powergaming, rushing, and understanding the core mechanics of the game such as character builds and power leveling. I first played Dark Souls about a year ago on PS3 but only for a few weeks and then I kinda moved on. But recently I bought it on Steam and have put in over 250 hours in a month. It is now one of my favorite games, currently it's my primary game. I have a SL 101 Knight, and a SL 96 Ninja, plus a bunch of low level characters. Currently I'm trying a mage build and it's turning out pretty good, SL 36 atm.

I am also obsessed with films, Anime, and music. I like foreign, independent, rare, obscure, and old films. Some of my favorites are I Start Counting, Blind Woman's Curse, Logan's Run, The Chumscrubber, The Poker House, Winter's Bone, Lilya 4-ever, and Show Me Love. When it comes to Anime I like films and OVA's, I only watch a few series. Some of my favorites are Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Ninja Scroll, Genocyber, Curse of Kazuo, Angel Cop, Gall Force, Mobile Suit Gundam: A War in the Pocket, and Claymore. When it comes to music I love Hardcore and Metal. Genres I like are Hardcore, Post-Hardcore, Emotive Hardcore, Metalcore, Grindcore, Deathcore, Powerviolence, Screamo, Crust, Death Metal, Thrash Metal, and Black Metal. Some of my favorite bands are Anomie, Orchid, Saetia, Alexisonfire, Thrice, Underoath, Zao, Pig Destroyer, Charles Bronson, I Hate Myself, I Would Set Myself on Fire for You, Love Lost but Not Forgotten, Landmine Marathon, Breeze of the Dying, Raspberry Bulbs, Bown Awl, and White Medal.

Other videogames I currently play are Black Ops II: Zombies (not to be confused with the regular multiplayer), Final Fantasy Tactics, Star Wars: Jedi Power Battles, .Hack, Counter Strike: Global Offense, Arma II, DayZ, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, Star Craft 2, Fall Out: New Vegas, Kenshi, and Red Orchestra 2.

Look forward to playing Dark Souls with you in the near future, and Dark Souls 2 in the not too distant future. B)
    Elysium™
    Elysium™
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Elysium™ Thu May 23, 2013 3:20 pm

Where to begin..

My name is Ellie, and I live in the United Kingdom. I have few hobbies, even fewer of them can be actually counted as hobbies as of this moment due to being generally unable to for.. Several reasons. silly A couple things about me are that: I am part of a few fandoms (courtesy of a certain someone I know winking) which are generally regarded as very interesting to me. Only one has games for it, unfortunately. sad

I will most likely be staying in Off-Topic pretty much exclusively, unless I see the opportunity to help someone. I'm not really too into Dark or Demon's Souls at the moment, and besides, I prefer speaking about non-souls related things. Far more variety of things to speak about. big grin

My activity here will generally either be an extreme. Very high, or very low. It depends on how life is going for me. One time it gives me loads of time, the next I have hardly any of it.. *sighs*

Anyways, enough waffling. silly I hope to be able to get along well with everyone here, and I shall be seeing the majority of you at a later date! happy
    HereticForLife
    HereticForLife
    Casual
    Casual

Post by HereticForLife Thu May 23, 2013 6:58 pm

Ello!

My name's Marcello, born in Rio, but now a proud resident of the US (getting my citizenship this summer as a matter of fact). Currently studying business (hoping to go into trading, which I absolutely love) at Cornell, which gives me relatively little time to devote to Dark Souls, but this summer should give me plenty of time to finish all the builds I've been planning and explore PvP as bit more than I've previously been able to. Figured now would be a good time to get more involved with the community since DkS has taken up more of my time than any other game in recent memory and I'm still nowhere near done with it!

Been playing games since I was a youngster, and I'm a huge fan of PC games, even though I have DkS on the 360. I enjoy just about every genre aside from sports and cazul, and I value good multiplayer and great plot more than just about all else in a video game. If you can think of any great RPG (western or eastern), I've probably played it or am planning to. Also love anime/manga (big fan of Evangelion and JJBA) and books in general. Favorites include Orson Scott Card, Brandon Sanderson, Isaac Asimov, Tolkien, GRRM, Frank Herbert... Yeah definitely a lot of speculative fiction up there... Oh yeah and I roleplay plenty too. D&D and what not. You'll find me on RPG Crossing as well, under the same username, and for that matter my 360 gamertag is Hereticforlife also.

But anyway, I'm here because Dark Souls makes me feel just as warm and fuzzy inside, when I'm not throwing my controller against the wall, as all these other fun things. See you all around!
    IHateTheFourKings
    IHateTheFourKings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by IHateTheFourKings Sat May 25, 2013 2:59 pm

I'm IHateTheFourKings, and as my name implies, I hate the boss of the same name. As much as I loathe them, it's not enough to keep me from enjoying the masterpiece of a game that is Dark Souls. I was recommended it by a friend, who I now realize to have a great taste in games. The difficulty that has been lacking in so many recent games is refreshing, and the game is just really well-made in my opinion. I could write extensively in praise of the game, but I'll just get on with the introduction.

In addition to gaming, I'm a big fan of Metal music, cooking, and science, just to name a few other interests. I'd be glad to discuss these topics and others with anyone who wants to do so.
    tonberryking01
    tonberryking01
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tonberryking01 Sat May 25, 2013 6:31 pm

Hi! I'm tonberryking01 (I go by that on most gaming sites and platforms). I made this account a while ago for asking questions, but I thought I might enjoy visiting more regularly, as Dark Souls is my favorite game. I played Demon's Souls, then started Dark Souls on the PS3 when it came out, playing through it with several characters. Now, I've been playing on PC since that became available. Every month or two I come up with a new build I want to play, level it up, and take it to Oolacile or the Kiln for pvp.

My name is actually Storm. I'm 18, and currently a student. I love animals, so over the next few years I'll be studying ecology and animal behavior. I enjoy doing art. I've mostly focused on woodcut relief prints, and would like to get used to digital painting, but I haven't had nearly as much time as I'd like lately to work on anything. I also play tennis, and practice archery and knife throwing.

Here's some more of my interests/favorites in list form:

Reading: Dune, Watership Down, The Hunting of the Snark
    TV: Fringe, Firefly, Star Trek (TNG and VOY), Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother
    Music: Sondre Lerche, Faun Fables, Of Monsters and Men
    Other Game Series: Bioshock, Final Fantasy, Borderlands, Portal, various shooters, ...oh I know I'm forgetting so many great games. Introduce Yourself V2.0 - Page 2 1284076092

Anyway, nice to meet you all! Introduce Yourself V2.0 - Page 2 4203215067
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Sat May 25, 2013 7:17 pm

Elysium™️ wrote:Where to begin..

My name is Ellie, and ...

Anyways, enough waffling. silly I hope to be able to get along well with everyone here, and I shall be seeing the majority of you at a later date! happy

I...

I think I find this offensive :mask-father:
    zedsdead

Post by zedsdead Mon May 27, 2013 9:11 am

Hi guys, I'm Zed. I'm new to the game, started playing a few days ago, so I guess you could call me a 'noob' happy. About my playstyle, I'm PvP oriented and have a history of playing competitively in other games. Regardless, I'm still having fun going through the story. (I just killed Queelag this morning - onwards to Darkroot!)

I joined this forum because I was lurking the past two days in order to gain information. However, I've started feeling lonely in-game as I don't really have anyone to play with or even to discuss the game, so thought I'd join the community and maybe meet like-minded individuals who want to team up.

That said, feel free to hit me up on forums or add my gamertag (xbox 360) - Zeddo7
    jtd234

Post by jtd234 Tue May 28, 2013 2:00 am

Hello, I'm Joe. I picked up Dark Souls about a year ago but got flooded with life stuff eating up almost all of my free time. I recently decided to start up Dark Souls again and then just barely started finding things out about the Dark Souls online community, youtubers, and pvp. After watching a few videos, I started getting more interested in pvp and now enjoy making pvp builds to try out. I like making oddball builds or cosplay builds. Another thing I like about Dark Souls is the lore. Anything about the story, the various characters and locations just fascinates me to no end.

I started lurking about a week before the Warriors of Steel event and joined in a little late. Since I see that the forums here are still well and alive, I figured it was about time to get an account set up. I'll probably be lurking around for lore and pvp discussion around the boards and access the Dukes Archives that is the Tomb of the Giants Forums, hopefully without going insane.

I play xbox and my gamertag is the same as my username if anyone wants to add me. Introduce Yourself V2.0 - Page 2 639795459
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Tue May 28, 2013 7:18 pm

LawlMahBawls wrote:Hello, I am Nik, but I usually go by Lawl. I was on the wiki chat for about a year ish and have been playing dark and demon's souls since it came out. I m 20 years old and am currently studying computer engineering at college.

My 2 main darksouls PSNs are "dr_mc_ninja" and "TheLegendNeverDi"

I also play DotA 2 and Warcraft 3, as well as random steam games.
    Welcome to the forums!
    So you're a MLP fan I take it?
    Bontee
    Bontee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bontee Tue May 28, 2013 9:32 pm

Hi, I'm Grant, I live in Ontario, Canada (in the town where the mall collapsed last June) and have lived here all my life. I'm 16 years old and kinda shy so... yeah... winking

I just recently got dark souls, I'm around SL 120 or so on my 2nd playthrough. I enjoy PVP and PVE but prefer companionship while I do either one.

I enjoy music and DJ on Grooveshark in my spare time (whenever I get really bored or am doing homework) you can message me if you're interested, I listen to pretty much everything, more hard rock than anything though.

I don't know much about Dark Souls, just how to play it and have fun, that's why I'm here, so... Hello everybody! big grin
    tooots
    tooots

Post by tooots Fri May 31, 2013 6:59 pm

Hello everybody, tooots here. I'm from sao paulo, brazil. 24 years old, and engineer student. Play it in x360 my gtag is wingingparrot7. I love me some rocknroll and metal. I like sports and of course love football (soccer for you americans) and really into mma.

I been playing games since i remember, always really liked rpgs and rts. Always loved online games and i'm kind of competitive.

Picked up this game about 2 months ago. I got really into it been a while since a game really sucked me in like that, after i beat it without online help (and missing a lot of secrets and some jolly coop). Loved it and this game made me buy xboxgold just to try the pvp and coop.

Now i got into the lore and those chanlege runs, really liking it. Well thats that, been lurking here for a week probably going to start posting more.

Ps: sorry if i made any spelling or grammar mistakes , english not my main language winking
    sobamade
    sobamade

Post by sobamade Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:53 pm

Hey guys,

I only started playing Dark Souls a week ago and have clocked about 35 hours already (including maybe 100+ deaths). Despite the constant rage quits, this game is amazing and can see myself playing A LOT this summer. I never look at walkthroughs and absolutely love the surprises this game offers, still such a newbie, finally killed an invader today though but just means he is worse than me..

Currently getting killed by blades and balls in Sen's Fortress... Wish me luck.
    DxTopham

Post by DxTopham Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:06 am

Hi everyone, my name is David or DestroyTopham, abbreviated on here to DxTopham, inline with other places on the internet. I got Dark Souls the day it launched, it took me about 6 months to complete it the first time, then I got all the achievements on it 1 year and 10 days after it came out. I then managed to beat all the bosses in the DLC about a week later, and since then I've not been able to get away from the game, so much so that I've probably completed the game about 10 times since doing everything that was really possible in game, aside from ludicrous challenges. I was also working on a Dark Souls playthrough series on my Youtube Channel, which I've just finished, and I've got a new one starting soon. I was playing as a pyromancer as its a style I've not really played all that properly before.

I'm not too much into the whole PvP playing, however, I do love the lore of the game, and generally how it plays, and have the best time making mini challenges for myself for builds.
    My favourite way to play is as a Sorcerer keeping range between me and the enemies.
    Peace
    Woodlehh

Post by Woodlehh Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:10 pm

Yo.

I am Woodlehh, here me squeel.

My name is Matt. I'm 18, I live in England and study film.

I remember playing Dark Souls for the first time and thinking.. I've played 40 hours now, guess I must be close to the end. I was then lifted up to Anor Londo.

Best gaming experience behind Ocarina of Time. Played it with a friend and have put in 400+ hours.

I'm currently playing it every now and then, recording for my youtube channel with a certain set of rules.

1: Humanity = lives.
    2: Must always be human.
    3: Run out of humanity? Game Over.

It's amazing that a game can hold my attention for so long. I am constantly learning more about it and I can't think of any other game I've played in the last 10 years that has such depth and personality to it. Such a challenge yielding such rewards.

Anywho, this is simply an introduction post so I've already said too much.

Hello!
    Jaxobz
    Jaxobz

Post by Jaxobz Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:36 pm

Hey guys. My real name is Ruan and I'm just a friendly fella hoping to get really good at the game (PVE wise that is; I have no interest in duelling at this time). I have no idea how many hours I've spent on Dark Souls by now, though I have to confess I have not actually finished it! I keep getting near the end with the lord vessels and such, but then I want to start over again with a different type of character.

Anyways, I'm here to learn what I can and of course share anything of value that I stumble upon as well winking
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:15 pm

I'm back on leave from the Navy. Now then... to enjoy endless deaths and frustration from going rusty! Joy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 pm