Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
MrGreenz
befowler
Kahldris_Ducard
Wilkinson3424
Animaaal
Tolvo
Ahhotep1
Jansports
Serious_Much
Demon Slayer
lorenzo110
2kthehitman2k
Faceman
Derpwraith
JohnnyHarpoon
twilightwarwolf
Encore
Maneater_Mildred
RANT
DemonOfFate
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Zyrrashijn
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
raecor14
Latitoast
Soris Ice Goldwing
User1
ResIsBestStat
BeeSeaEss
Anibux
34 posters

The Sunlight Coalition

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

The Sunlight Coalition - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sunlight Coalition

Post by Serious_Much Sun May 19, 2013 12:51 pm

lol, I'm tempted to consider that actually silly
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun May 19, 2013 12:53 pm

It fits so well. big grin

It also gives an excuse for the leader to lead the rest of the clergymen into women's sections of clothing shops.
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Sun May 19, 2013 12:59 pm

Wilkinson3424 wrote:Awesome! Im going to be making a rank system soon I think, it keeps people interested.

What do you want your faction to be you two?
    I would love to be in the ranger faction!
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sun May 19, 2013 1:43 pm

BeeSeaEss wrote:
    Wilkinson3424 wrote:Awesome! Im going to be making a rank system soon I think, it keeps people interested.

What do you want your faction to be you two?
    I would love to be in the ranger faction!
    Ah The Archers! Good Ill put you up as a ranger, im glad we are getting alot of diversity here! I'd love to see what build you have in mind~!

@Serious Yeah I was thinking that too, about the new faction name things, Those names were mostly prototypes as this cov is a w.i.p. The Clergy will work. Thanks for that input.

@Renny LOL Father Ted...
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun May 19, 2013 1:46 pm

Would you mind if I sign up as a knight?
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sun May 19, 2013 1:49 pm

Not at all, be sure to glance at the rules for how to rank up, etc.

And all other cov members! I want to see you at the forum pvp event coming up for some training! Represent us and get our name out there!
    Click here for more Info!
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Sun May 19, 2013 3:11 pm

I saw some of the stuff on page 1, and the aggression and lvl 55/pvp stuff...ok guys...it's a sunbro covenant. CO-OP. Guys, please do not turn it into a pvp. Keep it co-op. lvl 100 is good enough, NG vanilla is boring and you will probably get mostly vanilla game people at lvl 55, lvl 100 please, it also gives you some Roleplay builds, lvl 55 quality solaire build is like...impossible.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sun May 19, 2013 3:15 pm

Im just saying keep a lvl 55 ready for events. Like wars with other covenants, or just forum events. The idea of a Forum covenant isint just for the roleplay effect, it is to interact with other covenants on the forum. Back in our cov glory days we had 3v3 cov wars going on, literally all the time.

You can do w/e the hell you want if you are just doing your regular duties for the Coalition. But keep a lvl 55 build that follows under our laws and armour rules.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun May 19, 2013 3:17 pm

Sorry for the delay I had some things to do first. Okay I checked the rules and such and I'll likely use my main 110 for this and perhaps make a new 55 toon. I'll post the 110 build when I get on again since I forgot the stats it has.
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Sun May 19, 2013 3:18 pm

Ok then...but good luck getting wars, it's too late in the game...those glory games are gone and from what I've seen most people aren't interested in wars anymore. and you have to get the other covenant(s) to agree to the war if you want to initiate it...good luck :roll:
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sun May 19, 2013 3:23 pm

One of The main points of this covenant was to bring an audience back to the covenant section, if there was some balance in the moral system, instead of just evil... evil... evil... evil... Wanna be evil... evil... Then people might come back.
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Sun May 19, 2013 3:29 pm

I think that people are just bored of the game, we're at the END GAME...we need some creativity, the wars are just mass invasions that have SOME meaning...we need to get creative, I myself have taken breaks from playing dark souls, but Im going to do the events. People ARE GETTING TIRED of the regular stuff...we need to get creative.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun May 19, 2013 3:31 pm

BeeSeaEss wrote:Ok then...but good luck getting wars, it's too late in the game...those glory games are gone and from what I've seen most people aren't interested in wars anymore. and you have to get the other covenant(s) to agree to the war if you want to initiate it...good luck :roll:

The whole point of the SL55 handle is that we have toons we can use to represent the covenant in Forum wide events, as has begun to happen recently. It's a new way of integrating cov stuff without wars.

In fairness im not convinced there will be wars either, but you never know, jsut a mass event of people invading and you trying to coop was aways fun as hell, and will continue to be im sure if we get another one going.

Wilk pretty much hit the nail on the head, but the 55 is just for forum event purposes. I'd encourage an SL80-100 toon for general play and for wars (if we have any), rather than using the 55s there

Anyhoo, the covenant is based upon coop and pve.. As with the NK I'm hoping to suggest a few cov challenges, and as i mentioned in the planning thread, some intra cov events- the coop skills of the different factions pitted against each other. The way wilk's setting this cov up, and the with things he can d with the covenant, we could become self reliant for events if we really wished to.

I'd argue though Bee if players REALLY wanted creativity to stand out, covenants like the pirate covenant, gremlins, assassins of vinheim wouldn't have died out. Those are the places to be if you really want something 'out there'. Here i think we can give people some different experiences though

Last edited by Serious_Much on Sun May 19, 2013 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun May 19, 2013 3:32 pm

An event that evolves around something never done or has been rarity? That is a good idea if you get people interested in it.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun May 19, 2013 3:37 pm

I have an SL10, 35, 58, 88, 55, and 100 for this covenant.

I've always been pretty hardcore into Co-Op haha.

Though wars are something I don't really enjoy, it's one of the reasons I don't go for some of the other covenants. But for stuff like forum events, where people get together and duel I'm game for that.

But if you do want to go the war route I suggest focusing on the Co-Op aspect of it, protecting hosts and getting to bosses and what not.

EDIT: I forgot my Tarkus Cosplay, he's SL 75.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun May 19, 2013 3:38 pm

So.. Here's an example of something people have never tried before:

The Trios Take Lordran Event:

I'm gonna pm wilk with this idea and see what he thinks- it's a way too of swiftly getting everyone's SC toons up and ready for other things.

Tolvo: Like the NK always were, if we did war, our strategy is always host protection and medal farming
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sun May 19, 2013 3:59 pm

ARG not enough faith to cast my brand new miracle I just spent 52572038 Sunlight medals on? Oh well at least I ranked up in the Covenant.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun May 19, 2013 4:04 pm

Okay, after a quick converse with our dear leader wilk- this is the idea for the Trios take lordran:

The central premise is this: You team up with two other guys and you do a three way coop speedrun through the game. Each one of you in this will defeat every boss 3 times, once in each of your worlds. This may be done in a random way, or specific order if you really wanna make it a hurdle sorta thing. Which bosses do you kill? Why, good sir, every single one. (minus gwyndolin, cooping him is a pain in the *** and pretty pointless)

This will be our first real intra cov bragging rights contest.

Once you've all finished, the team posts their time taken (photos taken as proof) up on the SC thread, the fastest team wins!

We can do this as a thing over the space of... i dunno probably a week? I dunno how long is would take if im honest, especially allowing for everyone's participation, time zones etc

We could set rules such as minimum of 2 light armour guys, minimum 1 out of ranger/clergy class etc.

Time could be shaven off for certain things like chopping off tails, saving solaire, NPC kills (while cooping)

Obviously, the whole point of this is to get everyone to make their builds and buff up their sun medal count as fast as possible so the cov can get itself into full activity, as well as build some covenant spirit and identity.

Obviously the results in this event obviously are very trust based that noone has cheated , but lets be honest here if you're sad enough to cheat to win in this I feel for you silly
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sun May 19, 2013 5:57 pm

I don't know why someone would cheat in something like this Serious, it's to help out the covenant, not to earn 1000$.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun May 19, 2013 5:59 pm

i know. i know. I was just covering bases silly
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sun May 19, 2013 6:02 pm

silly
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun May 19, 2013 6:03 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Okay, after a quick converse with our dear leader wilk- this is the idea for the Trios take lordran:

The central premise is this: You team up with two other guys and you do a three way coop speedrun through the game. Each one of you in this will defeat every boss 3 times, once in each of your worlds. This may be done in a random way, or specific order if you really wanna make it a hurdle sorta thing. Which bosses do you kill? Why, good sir, every single one. (minus gwyndolin, cooping him is a pain in the *** and pretty pointless)

This will be our first real intra cov bragging rights contest.

Once you've all finished, the team posts their time taken (photos taken as proof) up on the SC thread, the fastest team wins!

We can do this as a thing over the space of... i dunno probably a week? I dunno how long is would take if im honest, especially allowing for everyone's participation, time zones etc

We could set rules such as minimum of 2 light armour guys, minimum 1 out of ranger/clergy class etc.

Time could be shaven off for certain things like chopping off tails, saving solaire, NPC kills (while cooping)

Obviously, the whole point of this is to get everyone to make their builds and buff up their sun medal count as fast as possible so the cov can get itself into full activity, as well as build some covenant spirit and identity.

Obviously the results in this event obviously are very trust based that noone has cheated , but lets be honest here if you're sad enough to cheat to win in this I feel for you silly

quoted as it needs viewing by all members
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sun May 19, 2013 11:08 pm

So Serious, one thing I forgot to ask was, are all of the optional bosses required? (Besides gwyndolin of course). Like the Taurus demon, Priscilla, Capra Demon etc.?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon May 20, 2013 9:04 am

As said in the post, all bosses minus gwyndolin (cus he's a pain in the ***) shall be murked.

This is my original idea.. Obviously if people just want a speed run of the game, FairPlay. But I feel as sunbros, practise using our builds on every single boss will be useful (plus completely clearing the game is a more impressive challenge if done quickly)

Like I said, if people want we can change. But then it would be the same as the cult of feiendship's event, and I wanna be bigger and better winking
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Mon May 20, 2013 9:18 am

I think that's a good idea, and no one ever summons for gwyndolin either, he is easy to solo and why get rid of a pvp hotspot? For that sexy brass armour? Not worth it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 pm