Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Seignar
twigsterxd
Micha369
7 posters

Demon's Souls after Dark Souls - raw recruits questions

Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Demon's Souls after Dark Souls - raw recruits questions Empty Demon's Souls after Dark Souls - raw recruits questions

Post by Micha369 Wed May 29, 2013 10:23 am

Hello folks,

I have played Dark Souls for quite a while and imo it is the best game I have played in years.
    However, now I'm very curious what would DeS be like. So I ordered a PS3 and the game. It will be at my place tomorrow, I guess.

I have watched a few video tutorials of DeS. But I still have a few questions.

In Dark Souls I mostly played a dex char (exept my first playthrough as a Sorcerer).It is said DeS to be a little lame playing a sorcerer (or too easy) so I'd like to go for a dex char.

Are there also weapons in DeS that scale with dex or the other stats?
    Is there a list of weapons with this information?

What is a really good dex weapon that one can get early in the game?

in DS for example a dex weapon that can be aquired pretty early in the game is the Balder Side Sword. It is A-scaling with dex and so an excellent sword for a dex char. Or the bandit's knife is a very good A-scaling dex tool in very early game.

Is there also the kicking and the jumping attacks available as it is in DS?

Are there also weapons with special effects like bleeding or critical dmg?

Can I also repair my equipment by myself with a repair set?

In DS the effect of the increase of stats is diminished at about 40. So further increase does have only little effect. Is there such a point of diminishing in DeS as well?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Demon's Souls after Dark Souls - raw recruits questions Empty Re: Demon's Souls after Dark Souls - raw recruits questions

Post by twigsterxd Wed May 29, 2013 11:20 am

1. people make dex builds so yes
    2. there are a couple you can get early but you need to be careful in area known as 4-1. 4-1 is the 4th area from your first area you started at
    3. There is no kicking but if you can dual wield, there is a stun-lock move you can do by pushing
    4. Yes, uchi is best
    5. To repair on your own you would need to buy special stones. Imo it's not worth it. You can only repair your right hand weapons with it.
    6. Most people cap their toons at 120 cause 40 is max for capping
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Demon's Souls after Dark Souls - raw recruits questions Empty Re: Demon's Souls after Dark Souls - raw recruits questions

Post by Seignar Wed May 29, 2013 3:17 pm

1. Scaling is the same as it was in Dark Souls. The scaling system was completely untouched.
    2. That really depends as the game is divided into many sections, so some early place and be late game for you. If we were to talk near the beginning of each level, then no, there are no really good DEX or STR weapons, namely since Bleed is next to useless in DeS. You'll find the good stuff deeper in.

3. Kicking is done as "Pushing" in DeS and they are practically the same. So, technically, Kicking does exist. Plunging attacks are not in DeS, which kind of irritate you sometimes.

4. Are there? Man, you have no idea. There are entire upgrade paths dedicated to Bleed and Critical bonuses! DeS does leave you with a lot more variety in terms of weapon uses, which is one thing I'll appreciate. However, what I (and you) won't appreciate is the upgrade system itself.

5. Repairing has to be done exclusively by a blacksmith or finding a specific item for your weapons, you can't do it yourself. So careful not to kill blacksmiths.

6. Diminishing returns are practically the same.

There should be other things you should know about the game beforehand. First, Ladders suck! Second, Poise does not exist! Third, Ore system sucks!
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Thu May 30, 2013 5:23 am

Thanks for your answer!

Seignar wrote:1. Scaling is the same as it was in Dark Souls. The scaling system was completely untouched.

In the Demon's Souls Wiki I don't find any information about the particular scaling of a particular weapon. I suppose there are weapons that scale with dex, st, int... with A, B or C or....Where can I find this informations?

Seignar wrote:
    3. Kicking is done as "Pushing" in DeS and they are practically the same. So, technically, Kicking does exist. Plunging attacks are not in DeS, which kind of irritate you sometimes.
    I suppose this Pushing is done by using the same controller combination (move to a direction of my choice and pressing R1 simultaneously)?

Seignar wrote:
    Third, Ore system sucks!

What do you mean? Is it difficult to farm the materials needed for upgrading?
    Skaggy
    Skaggy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Skaggy Thu May 30, 2013 6:09 am

Micha369 wrote:In the Demon's Souls Wiki I don't find any information about the particular scaling of a particular weapon. I suppose there are weapons that scale with dex, st, int... with A, B or C or....Where can I find this informations?

A weapon's scaling will ultimately depend on upgrade path a lot of the time unless it's a unique weapon, i/e the Meat Cleaver which starts as S scaling to Str/Dex and I believe some to Fth but requires Flamelurker's soul, Adjudicator's soul, and a medium Str requirement to one hand. Aside from boss weapons like that it just goes to whatever your style is and what you choose to upgrade a weapon to. Each path is usually beneficial to a different type of build. On the wiki, there should be an area on each weapon page that shows the upgrade paths,their ascensions,and the scaling and damage for each tier of the upgrade path.

Micha369 wrote:I suppose this Pushing is done by using the same controller combination (move to a direction of my choice and pressing R1 simultaneously)?

Yes. Just like the kick move. Different weapons have different moves for this.

Micha369 wrote:What do you mean? Is it difficult to farm the materials needed for upgrading?

Sometimes, yes. Ask anyone who has made a Dex build about getting a pure bladestone. Also, some upgrade paths rely heavily on your ability to quickly kill crystal lizards to get the final materials, lizards which only have a certain number of spawns (their spawn counter goes up as you kill area bosses but since each area has only 3 bosses, that isn't many chances). Miss out on one of the lizards that you need and you'll need to make another run for them on your next NG+ with the character.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Thu May 30, 2013 9:00 am

In the Demon's Souls Wiki I don't find any information about the
    particular scaling of a particular weapon. I suppose there are weapons
    that scale with dex, st, int... with A, B or C or....Where can I find
    this informations?

It is usually in the wiki and at easy view. If you're using the same wiki I used, you can go into the "weapons" category, select the weapon class and it will list all weapons on a list, where it displays their requirements and scaling in the Str/Dex/Int/Fai order below the requirements.

I suppose this Pushing is done by using the same controller combination
    (move to a direction of my choice and pressing R1 simultaneously)?
    Precisely the same, only "pushing" is incredibly good in comparison with "kicking". Ever hear how dual-wielding was very viable in DeS?, yeah, there was literally a "push-lock" that meant certain death unless you toggle-escaped or had a bucket-load of HP.

What do you mean? Is it difficult to farm the materials needed for upgrading?
    Incredibly irritating and overcomplicated system (in comparison to DaS). There are a bunch of upgrade paths, which give DeS a lot more customization in terms of your weapons, but the system to make them is a huge pain to work with. Most of your upgrade paths materials can't be bough and have to be found in a limited number that sometimes doesn't support a full upgrade. In which case you will need to farm them off enemies, which is a bit more bothersome that farming Darkwraiths.

Some ores only have a limited luck-base chances of getting them per playthrough and other seem to have like a .1% drop rate even after you pull off every single measure known to man to increase your chances (their are a ton, btw!). Also, due to a tendency system, upgrading "unique" weapons is near impossible unless you know where to look and farming them is worth a fortune.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Thu May 30, 2013 9:38 am

Actually, scaling was changed a little bit from DeS to DkS. Diminishing returns start from 50 in DeS instead of 40 like in DkS. I could be wrong though, but that's how i thought it is.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm

Well you've got loads of help already, I think Fin is right about the Dim Returns though.

Mine - you can farm the lizards. At every stage you defeat a boss they respawn once in that world.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Fri May 31, 2013 6:23 am

Halicarnassis wrote:
    Mine - you can farm the lizards. At every stage you defeat a boss they respawn once in that world.

This means I can always kill them before and after killing the Boss in a given area, doesn't it?
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Fri May 31, 2013 10:56 am

Hi,
    use this wiki, it's the best for demons:
    http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/

No jumping attacks (direction + L2) and no attacks from falling on an enemy.
    Stats: Depends on the stat, some at 40, some at 50

Farming Stones: don't do it, dupe 'em using thomas glitch.
    Grindstone isn't a bad idea, weapon and armor suffer much more in DeS than in DkS. The grindstone only repairs weapons and shields, but this can help (scraping spear user).
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Fri May 31, 2013 11:37 am

Walter_White wrote:Hi,
    use this wiki, it's the best for demons:
    http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/

No jumping attacks (direction + L2) and no attacks from falling on an enemy.
    Stats: Depends on the stat, some at 40, some at 50

Farming Stones: don't do it, dupe 'em using thomas glitch.
    Grindstone isn't a bad idea, weapon and armor suffer much more in DeS than in DkS. The grindstone only repairs weapons and shields, but this can help (scraping spear user).

Many thanks for your information.

However, what is the Thomas Glitch and how to use/install it?
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Fri May 31, 2013 12:52 pm

i'm not allowed to talk about glitches in this forum, use the search in the wiki and search for 'duping'
    This makes the game ridiculous easy and i wouldn't do it in my first playthrough.

If this is really the first playthrough, don't ask any further and don't read any further, just accept, that your first build is crap (but u can fix it, cause deleveling is implemented in the game mechanics) and make your way by trial and error. Don't care about WT/CT or special items, u have to make yourself a pretty good plan to get all events and items in one playthrough (some need ng+) - don't spoil your first playthrough with that, just go and explore.

Only one tip for every new Demons Souls Player: Don't ignore corpses in the Nexus, find out what is going on by talking to everybody in the Nexus, or you might end with pretty much corpses in the Nexus.....
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:36 am

Ok, I shouldn't read too much, maybe this is true!
    But what annoys me really is the weight I can carry along with me!
    I have
    bought 350 bolts for my crossbow to have a few in stock. Now I was in
    the stone-something- catacombs where all the fire bugs are. Here are
    really a lot of items. I touch a corpse and get the message that I
    cannot cary this, it is too heavy for me. I don't learn what it is that
    is too heavy for me and the next time I come back the item is gone! It
    is really boring to put items down only to get the info what it is. And
    this way I possibly lose a very good weapon.
    How can I increase the weight that I can carry with me?

What I also think is really frustrating is the speed of climbing ladders!

Thanks for your help!

Best wishes
    Skaggy
    Skaggy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Skaggy Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:47 am

Oh boy... ladders... anyways, if you go through Stockpile Thomas's dialogue and show him the jade hair ornament, he gives you a ring that adds some item burden for you while equipped for those times when you just need that little bit more space or really want a drop but don't want to have to drop something else. Be wary of all the bolts/arrows though. I usually carry maybe 150 with me at a time, because their individual weight adds up annoyingly fast for some reason.

In Stonefang Tunnels especially you'll want to make room, as most of the items there are ores for use with upgrading.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:30 pm

oh boys - ladders

in my 1st playthrough i thought i have to take all those stones to Ed for upgrading, and spent much time with organizing my stuff, so i can carry enough of them...after a while i realized, that one can leave the stones at Thomas and Ed can get them from there.....

And yes, max itme burden is cool feature in demons i think. You have to plan the loting runs and u have to plan your stuff for pvp. More than 2 variations i rarely can carry around with me.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:33 am

Hello folks,

after victory over the Penetrator there are 3 black phantomes. One of them always destroys my equipment very quickly. What do I do wrongly and how can I protect against that?

Is it good to do at first one main region (e.g. 1-1 to 1-4) and then switch to the next one or is it better to do all -1 (e.g. 1-1, 2-1, 3-1..) regions and then all -2 (1-2, 2-2, 3-2..) and then all -3?
    Trying the 5-1 region I noticed that this is pretty easy again.

thanks for your help!

best wishes!

Last edited by Micha369 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:34 am

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/bp-scraping-spear
    Wait for the strong forward thrust, circle and backstab.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:18 am