Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Help with some builds Please!

Razielthemanslayer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Help with some builds Please! Empty Help with some builds Please!

Post by Razielthemanslayer Fri May 31, 2013 12:53 am

I´m very interested in making a build with a normal shield and a sword but considering how many people buff their weapons now I really need something to aid myself when fighting magic, is a crushing long sword viable for a knight build?. is it true that the Blue Blood sword is freaking powerful? (never tried it)

What would be a good magic build that can use moonlight greatsword? they say a moon uchigatana is also very good!.

Some ideas please! Haven´t played in a long time!
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Help with some builds Please! Empty Re: Help with some builds Please!

Post by Reaperfan Fri May 31, 2013 3:07 am

If you want a sword and board build that stuffs magic and buffs, it's actually quite easy to pull off by just equipping the Dark Silver Shield as your shield. It has an aura that reduces any magic damage you take or deal by half (when fully upgraded). You can even have it on your back while two-handing a bigger strength weapon and it will still basically nullify any non-fire spells or buffs.

If you're going to do this though I would recommend staying with the Crushing path instead of the Blueblood Sword (I believe the Knight's Sword is the most powerful straight sword, but I can't remember if it can go Crushing or not). The Blueblood Sword's biggest strength is in it's magic damage while buffed with Light Weapon, so if you're trying to avoid buffing or spells, you're going to be underwhelmed when you try it. Not to mention it requires very specific stat allocation to work at it's best performance, and if you haven't been working from the beginning for a BBS build you won't have the points to have an even semi-useful BBS without going past the Level 125 threshold.

As for the Moonlight Sword, in this game it's actually a Faith weapon. So really the only magic build that could incorporate it is a Talisman of Beasts build that uses a hybrid of Faith and Magic. As for the Moon Uchi, I can't really say. The only Katana I ever used in Demon's Souls was the Hiltless straight face

So, long story short:

Don't go with the Blueblood Sword unless you plan on using buffs. For a tanky Knight build, you're best off with a Crushing Long Sword or Crushing Knight's Sword with a Dark Silver Shield. Also, you can't really use the Moonlight Sword well unless you're a Faith build.
    Skaggy
    Skaggy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Skaggy Fri May 31, 2013 6:09 am

Reaper's pretty spot on there. I have a Moon Uchi +4 and I have no complaints. It does quite good damage at the stage it's at and my character is only sl65 that's using it. I managed to obliterate Flamelurker solo with it and it destroys most of the normal enemies both on my NG and a couple of NG+ hosts I got in with, but I wouldn't use it unless you're planning on using magic with it or you're just looking to make it through the first few game cycles pretty easily.(As for PvP, I've never had to fight a player with my Moon Uchi yet as I don't use that character for PvP, so I have no idea there.) When it comes to just regular longsword type weapons the knight's sword is probably your best bet as it almost always out damages other longsword class weaponry regardless of the upgrade path,at least from the ascensions I've seen. BBS shouldn't be used unless you're dedicating the entire build to it, due to the need to put a lot of points into luck to make it powerful.
    Razielthemanslayer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Razielthemanslayer Fri May 31, 2013 2:46 pm

Thanks for the answers guys, really helpful! I've decided to go for the crushing Knight Sword (Yes it can go crushing I just checked)

So which class should I go then? do you think I should use magic with it? for now all my builds have been your usual cracked beast talisman with cruse weapon, should I use some faith here or magic? I really want to step up my game and not only use buffs but some magic as well, what do you recommend me? Should I start as a Knight?
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Fri May 31, 2013 3:50 pm

Razielthemanslayer wrote:Thanks for the answers guys, really helpful! I've decided to go for the crushing Knight Sword (Yes it can go crushing I just checked)

So which class should I go then? do you think I should use magic with it? for now all my builds have been your usual cracked beast talisman with cruse weapon, should I use some faith here or magic? I really want to step up my game and not only use buffs but some magic as well, what do you recommend me? Should I start as a Knight?

You should probably start as a Temple Knight. Regardless of what build you're making, having at least the minimum amount of Faith and Intelligence to use Second Chance are basically a requirement in Demon's Souls, and I believe the Temple Knight has a better head start towards that in terms of base stats.

In terms of magic, your best bet with any kind of Strength build is just to keep doing what you've been doing with cracked Cursed Weapon buffing and not really worrying about anything else besides Second Chance. You don't even need to uncrack your ToB or use a ToG because Second Chance has no scaling and will apply fully even if it's cracked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:56 pm