Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+28
Ghadis_God
Avenger649
Sentiel
The_Red_Drifter
TheMeInTeam
WaffleGuy
Halicarnassis
Myztyrio
JohnnyHarpoon
Uparkaam
billy_bayonet
roanispe
ResIsBestStat
wretchedsausage
Wilkinson3424
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Jansports
Tolvo
SadPanda
StiffNipples
Soris Ice Goldwing
twigsterxd
Dusk Soul
KrazykevS10
Eko
RANT
steveswede
reim0027
32 posters

Who can create the most powerful fair low level build?

reim0027
    reim0027

Who can create the most powerful fair low level build? Empty Who can create the most powerful fair low level build?

Post by reim0027 Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:58 pm

billy's post about a fair low level invasion build got me thinking. Who can create the most powerful, but fair, low level build?

Updated Rules:

Sl 10 or lower

• Max upgrades at +5 (so, only use titante shards)
    • Can use up to 10 twinkling titanites,
    • Can use only 1 Dragon Scale (the one in the Blighttown pit). All others require killing a boss/enemy that is not meant for this low of SL.
    • Can not obtain anything by beating Kellog or Hydra.
    • Items may be obtained from only the following locations

• Firelink Shrine
      • Undead burg
      • Parish
      • Lower undead Burg
      • Lower B-Town (as defined from the location you enter using the Master Key)
      • Great Hollow
      • Darkroot basin
      • Darkroot garden

• Black Knight weapons are not allowed, they are too powerful when Twinked out.
    • Weapons upgrades only thorugh Andre
    • Merchants: Male undead, Female undead
    • Trainers: Griggs, Rickert, and Laurentis
    • Rings allowed: RTSR, BTSR, Wolf, FaP, and Havel's
    • Exceptions: RTSR and Brigand's are obtained in Valley of the Drakes - those are OK.
    • Humanity. Must start at 0. And, you must earn every humanity through host kills (so, no healing during the fights).

The goal of this is to be fair, almost to the point of being handicapped.

If
    a phantom or the host has an elemental weapon, or crown of dusk, then
    you can pull out any weapon/armor you want (so have them in reserve).
    This includes a host or weapon that is clearly way above the
    average level for that area. So, if you see someone wielding a BKGA,
    slap on a HR and a raper and give them the what's for.

That last paragraph is subjective and will rely on your own discretion.

Last edited by reim0027 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:15 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated Rule list.)
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Who can create the most powerful fair low level build? Empty Re: Who can create the most powerful fair low level build?

Post by steveswede Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:28 pm

I would get and equip the jagged ghost blade +5 over the reinforced club. Taking into account your limits, this I would say is really powerful for low builds plus the bleed. Also I would have a spider shield. It's resistance to toxic and poison give you an edge at people using toxic and poison at you. With the extra stamina points you can change your amour around a bit if you want.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Who can create the most powerful fair low level build? Empty Re: Who can create the most powerful fair low level build?

Post by RANT Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:32 pm

I would say glgs or gretscythe.
    Eko
    Eko
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eko Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:41 pm

I toyed around on MugenMonkey for a while and came up with this build.

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=467428515644868069

I wasn't sure if you would consider Power Within to be easy to get, but I do so I included it on the build. The idea is to use the extremely versatile Balder Swag Sword as the main weapon and to use the Bandit Knife for ripostes. I figured since it was SL10 that the Bandit Knife wouldn't be considered cheap. The Balder Shield has the second highest stability of all medium size shields and is the easiest to get early on so I included that along side the BSS to form the core of this build. Combustion is there to take advantage of Power Within and is, in my opinion, the most reliable spell, in terms of damage, that Laurentius sells.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:47 pm

BTW I just thought (and I can't believe I'm saying this) but the drake sword +5 would be a good weapon. It's damage is 300 physical fully upgraded and dragon scales can be farmed early.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:47 pm

I'm not sure how you define fair but here,inside the rules.The only iffy part is the black knight sword,it may not drop.
    http://mmdks.com/2kee
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:47 pm

GLGS is hard to do with a SL 10 or lower. Gargoyle's Halberd is pretty darn good too.
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:51 pm

Here is my attempt, not sure how good it is; but at low SL a MG buffed falchion has to hurt.http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=162747427842565767

Edit: @steveswede: Can you ascend a flame without Queelana?

Last edited by Dusk Soul on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:52 pm

Since I can't post a mugen.
    Vit 8, Att 12, end 11, str and dex 14, res 12, int 10, faith 8.
    Use uchi +5 after killing merch in berg, Knights Shield +5, ascended flame right off hand, chain armour, ring of favor, havels.
    uchi can be buffed with either poison or charcoal.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:55 pm

Dusk Soul wrote:Here is my attempt, not sure how good it is; but at low SL a MG buffed falchion has to hurt.http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=162747427842565767

Edit: @steveswede: Can you ascend a flame without Queelana?

No she is the only one that does that.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:57 pm

Build I am not used to this low sl thing so the best I could do was improve on the defense of yours Reim and give it the one weapon I can't beat. We all get at least one humanity so that is why I have it.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:16 am

reim0027 wrote:
    Rules:

• SL 10 or under
    • Max upgrades +5
    • Easy to obtain weapons and armor and rings (for a relative newcomer) without beating the Gargoyles. Hornet ring is out, DWGR is OK.
    • Deep into the Catacombs is off limits. So, no Chaos/Fire weapons
    • Farming the crystal lizards in the hollow tree is fine, so you can get one twinkling weapon to +5.
    • Quelanna and Eingyi is off limits, but Laurentis is fine.

That is all I can think of right now. Here is my build. It is at SL 1 just to handicap the rules even further. http://mmdks.com/2kdp

This should be a very very fair invasion build, but still powerful. The Dagger is mainly there to inflict poison (buffed with resin) because of it's high attack speed, and for ripostes.

If Quelana is off limits then how come you have Great Combustion and a +5 Ascended pyro glove?

Laurentius can only upgrade to +15 and doesn't sell Great Combustion, only Combustion.

Great Combust and an Ascended +5 Flame is end game damage, in no way is that fair at sub SL10.
    EDIT: same goes for your build Soris.

---------------------------------

Personally, for max damage I'd go with something like this: http://mmdks.com/2ken

Two handing the Large Club with all points into Str will give a good base damage, then add the +150 Lightning damage (I thought about going MW but this works out better), add Power Within and you're going to be pretty powerful, plus DWGR for Roll R1 spam :razz:

You can swap DWGR for Wolf Ring for more poise, and Combust is there for quicker attacks when you need. Dragon Form is also an option, however this removes all poise (see here: http://mmdks.com/2kep ).

If the rules permitted you could get Sanctus, Curse yourself, swap out the rings for RTS and Dusks Crown Ring and go Hypermode with Dragon Body for insane Damage.

(Made the weapon RAW as mugenmonkey only offers RAW+5 or Normal+15, and RAW+5 will be closer to +5 than the alternative)
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:18 am

Sorry, supposed to be combustion. And, I don't think there is a regular flame instead of ascended in mugenmonkey. I just assumed +5 for everything (and max the flame with Laurentis).
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:32 am

Curiously enough Mugen does have unupgraded, +15 and Ascended +5 flames.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:35 am

If this is your guys' idea of fair then I wouldn't want to fight you as a twink...
    Here's mine: http://mmdks.com/2kfv

I frequently use it and enjoy it a lot. It's fun to have fights that don't end in 1-2 backstabs or 3-4 weapon hits.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:40 am

Dusk Soul wrote:Curiously enough Mugen does have unupgraded, +15 and Ascended +5 flames.
    It does? I just assumed it didn't. Oh well, you still get the build stats. I might try it out when I'm done with my Forest project.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:41 am

http://mmdks.com/2kg3

How about this?
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:44 am

Well the thread did ask for 'most powerful fair low level build', and not just 'fair build for low level invasions'.

It's a thread for making the most powerful build within the rules (at least that's why I'm here), not for making a fair low level build.

If you want to teach new players PvP then use unupgraded weapons and show them what it means when a red phantom invades (a lot think you're friendly for some reason).

I like to use a Falchion and Short bow along with Fireball to show them melee, ranged and magic, but I haven't done that for a long long time.

--------------

EDIT: @ Tolvo: Ascended Pyro Flame and Fire Surge don't meet the rules and is pretty OP for < SL10.
    Eko
    Eko
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eko Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:54 am

This was another idea I had.

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=453524329219375291

Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:01 am

http://mmdks.com/2kga

This is probably what I would use if there were to be an event with these rules. The Demon's Spear could potentially be +3 from trading with snuggly and the available titanite demons and who doesn't like poking and flipping? Of course the shortbow complete with poison arrows provides a safe source of damage, and bow+dwgr+patience can lead to frustratingly long fights. 53 poise Ala my favorite armor and Wolf's. Crown pushes combustion into dangerous territory even with an un-ascended flame. I went with the heater shield for it's weight and fair stability. Again the assumption that these rules are tied to some kind of event, flash sweat was chosen specifically to bolster my defense against other SL10 builds which would presumably have combustion as it's one of the strongest offensive options within the confines of these rules.

If this build wasn't for some kind of event I'd swap flash sweat out for PW if I were randomly invading or hoping to be invaded
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:08 am

Eko wrote:This was another idea I had.

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=453524329219375291

Since the oolacile ivory catalyst has a fixed magic adjustment, you have 6 spare SL (you only need 12 for the catalyst) I would add them to Vit and Dex.

Edit: A small event within this rule set would be pretty fun.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:11 am

Yeah, it would be. Low level invading is really fun.
    Eko
    Eko
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eko Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:16 am

Oops, yeah that would be better. I agree, this should become an event.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:19 am

If we get enough people interested, we can set it up.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:28 am

I'm fairly sure I'd participate. Assuming my build didn't break any rules (I made the assumption that since dwgr was okay; weapons purchased from Shiva would also be fine)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:35 am