Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Soris Ice Goldwing
silentmonkey3
swordiris
Hugh_G_Johnson
Jansports
billy_bayonet
chaz0612
shadowzninjaz
WhiteFatalisLegacy3
JamieJae
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Icegodzilla
Latitoast
Halicarnassis
DarkMoon Kaiser
HereticForLife
Encore
zwanzig-tausend
22 posters

Messengers of Velka Reign

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Messengers of Velka Reign - Page 9 Empty Re: Messengers of Velka Reign

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:29 am

Must be getting the nice pool to get a total of 40 people in two days! biggrin And even if I can't purge any place I man can dream or come close enough to satisfy the person in my case. Though a challenge would be a nice option.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:37 am

thats the spirit Soris! Never forget your comrades have your back.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:40 am

Yeah so now I am thinking I keep those 99 and if I kill another guy let him/her see it to know what they dealt with.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:03 am

Good work, Iceman!  You got me craving some PW invasions last night... unfortunately, I neglected to consider it's precisely the wrong time to invade the Painted World (peak hours in Japan).  I felt I did fine considering the hideous lag I faced in many of the fights, but it's very discouraging to know exactly what's coming have the counter ready or even do the counter & just eat a BS for my troubles.  

On that note; today I saw the most pathetic build I've ever seen: Mom mask, Havel's chest and Great club... ninja flipping with the hornet ring.  And he had enough health to tank 2 wogs and a DMB claymore R1.  For those keeping score at home; you need 91 endurance for that gear.  I was thinking this dude was a hacker, but you can actually get something like that at SL 100 -- if you don't have anything else.  I honestly couldn't say what else he had, he probably had the hollow soldier waistcloth, though.  I'm guessing he was 125; because he killed me with a BS (that I even baited him into trying while prepared for lag...) that I'd say did around 1250-1300 damage; so I'm sure he had more strength that the minimum for 2-handing even with the hornet ring.  

Today, has been much better for the most part.  I had 2 flawless victories versus spawn gankers in dark AL and another where I did beat 2 spawn gankers with no visible HP on my bar -- not a tiny sliver -- none.  I wasn't quick enough to confirm it (killing the white after the host took most of my post-host-death-action-time :razz:), but there's no way in hell I had more than 1 HP.  

On the business front; if you haven't signed up for the event please do so!  And if you have find excuses to post in the thread.  
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:20 am

Oh, Luvz this may interest you:  The mini spawn-ganking epidemic pissed me off enough that I switched from the +15 claymore to the chaos claymore.  Which means I'm left with the +15 scimitar to buff. twisted I suppose I should have time to switch if I see one of those uber-tank builds and want to put the DMB on the claymore... and if I don't have time I probably wouldn't have time to buff either.  In fact, I'm liking this much better already just for having higher AR on the claymore when I don't have time to buff.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:24 am

Hugh if you and Luvz were on my end you would have had a blast if you know how to counter lag stabs and the sometimes spammer. I now see the really use of a Lyod's and it comes in handy to have. Some guys tried to heal when the effect was still on. That was a free shot for me.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:56 am

LOL -- someone actually up-voted that ridiculous build I posted on Mugen!  Maybe it made them laugh... I'm sure laughing at the thought that someone somewhere actually pounced on that 15 minutes after it was posted and was like; (narrows eyes, nodds head) "yeah, yeah... good build, good build..." LMFAO!  

edit: Just noticed my Handsome Hugh build left behind an ear; meaning he's got 99 in the box and 99 in his back pocket! Hmm... I'm thinking the next time I have to search or wait on someone in dark AL...

Last edited by Hugh_G_Johnson on Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:19 am

Oh dont you worry Soris, I'll be back on xbox soon enough. And then you and I can get "acquainted" with one another.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:53 pm

I want to do a general roll for active member on the xbox. I am planning on being in either the township or the area that leads to the Moonlight butterfly in the forest tonight. Some help and maybe some duels would be welcomed.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:57 pm

luvz2fight wrote:Oh dont you worry Soris, I'll be back on xbox soon enough. And then you and I can get "acquainted" with one another.

I thought you were back from your hiatus -- I assumed you were on Xbox this whole time... when the hell are you getting back on PS3? Well What is it :razz:  
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:00 pm

I am currently playing very little Dark Soul, and when I do I play other builds.

I am invading in the area someone told me to invade it...

Butterfly place.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:01 pm

I need to get a job to buy a new PS3 controller, my last one is no longer with us. My buddy in Colorado hasnt bought the xbox for me yet so until then no DkS for me.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:05 pm

That explains the absence. I hear those things are fragile. Well I might as well head to the butterfly place tonight...or get indicted and get invaded by DMs. Though knowing how rare, and almost worthless, indictments are I need to be a real prick to get one.
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:06 pm

I feel for you... The loss of a controller is hard to deal with, but remember, we are here for you.

//I am just kidding.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:38 pm

So I am alone tonight?
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:37 pm

luvz2fight wrote:I need to get a job to buy a new PS3 controller, my last one is no longer with us. My buddy in Colorado hasnt bought the xbox for me yet so until then no DkS for me.

Damn, that sucks... sorry to hear that. It sounds like you threw it away and it wasn't the problem, anyway... but check out this thread.  I replaced a controller before I saw that thread, but I was able to do that repair fairly easily and the control is working now.  Apparently it's a fairly common problem so it might be nice to know that you can fix that problem if it ever comes up...
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:27 am

I like how you made an assumption of what I did with my controller like I didnt know what the *** I was doing. My dog chewed it up. It was broken as in smashed up.

What was i supposed to do? Glue it back together and start mashing buttons till it worked?
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:31 am

In our defense we never knew the reason of what happened Luvz and I have heard those things break from old age which was my guess.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:45 am

Whats this "our" stuff Soris? I was only talking to Hugh. And besides, why would either of you need a defense. Yall didnt do anything bad. From now own dont get confused and think im talking to you when im not. If I were talking to you I would have mentioned you by name.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:59 am

It didn't sound like it was a simple case of getting unwanted input.  So I assumed that it was irrevocably damaged and you'd probably thrown it away.  I was merely saying: 'this probably won't help now, but...' I don't know what you thought I was saying.  But, it reminded me of that fix and I posted it because, as I said it, seems to be a common problem.  So it might be useful to anyone on PS3.  
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:32 am

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:
    luvz2fight wrote:I need to get a job to buy a new PS3 controller, my last one is no longer with us. My buddy in Colorado hasnt bought the xbox for me yet so until then no DkS for me.

Damn, that sucks... sorry to hear that. It sounds like you threw it away and it wasn't the problem, anyway... but check out this thread.  I replaced a controller before I saw that thread, but I was able to do that repair fairly easily and the control is working now.  Apparently it's a fairly common problem so it might be nice to know that you can fix that problem if it ever comes up...

That deserves a +rep.
    "Fix-it" vids are always good! I had the same "random button" activating problem.

Even as a child my first inclination was to "disassemble" my toys to see how they do what they do...much to my parents dismay until I re-assembled and they still worked (usually haha!). So, yeah...I dove into the guts of my controller. The circuit board screw was a bugger to find for some reason...the vid would have been helpful!!

@Luvz...a friend got so frustrated with DkS once that she threw my controller into what she thought was a potted plant. Well, that particular plant was in a pot. However, it was full of water...no dirt!! My poor little controller shorted it's sweet little life out!!!

Btw...my parents finally got wise. They would only buy toys that I had to assemble myself.

@Soris...I forgot to mention. The Exiled do appreciate the impact your hunting soirees into the Painted World has had on the Trespasser population!
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:28 am

Stinks about your controller luvz.

I have two that are broken and I had to recently buy a new one.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:41 pm

I di not do what I had planned last night....I can't believe this but those wins in the painting left me in a dry spot...As much as I like to hunt I enjoy a real challenge or an old fashion duel. So I switched to another game. I'll try again but I don't know..I just hope this is a phase.

Oh and Thank Ahhotep1. I spend a lot of time there so I am used to the place and what tactics are used against me.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:46 pm

Damnit probably going to be grounded soon. My brother and I got into a fight long story.

One more year and I'm getting as far away from here as I can, only can deal with so much. My parents always fight and my brother knows what buttons to push. Meanwhile, two babies are always getting into everything.

I'm so stressed.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:47 pm

SwordIris. Its been a while dude. Anyway, I learned something recently that might help our transition into Dark Souls 2 at least from a lore perspective. Now for covenants like the Exiled and the Darkstalkers, they cannot make the leap into DkS2 because they are stuck in PW and New Londo respectively. Those areas are their base of operations and their places of origin but for us we have no concrete area in lordran. At most we have the Parish as a base of operations, but we have no point of origin in Lordran and I firmly believe it is in our best interest to capitalize on that. The way we capitalize on this is by asserting that the parish is our Foward Base of Operations in Lordran. Feel free to let me know your thoughts on this Iris, either via post or PM.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:56 pm